• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fates Worse than Death

Him

Her
Fate worse than death?

Well, having somebody drown you pull your head out for a couple of breaths and drown you again is horrible.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
Paralysis

Being tied to a rock with a bird eating you away and when its done, you're regenerated and the bird comes back (a Greek story i think)

Any of the many tortures from Greek mythology, really. Being subjected to eternal pain, being held in water which is just too low for you to reach it and drink it and with food just out of your reach, repeatedly pushing a boulder up a hill only for it to roll back down just before you reach the top, being eternally hungry but becoming thinner and hungrier the more you eat....Let's face it, those Ancient Greeks were a bunch of sick, twisted f*cks.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Being forced to run forever, with no rests, and you'll never pass out from exhaustion. You hang on the edge of starvation and dehydration, but you don't die. You run and run and run in a horrible cycle of near-death.

...I didn't know I could be so morbid...

When the hell has this happened?

Hmmm, not that bad for some, but for others, being barren/sterile may just be the worst thing.

As for me, any form of torture, being paralyzed (maybe I could live with no legs, but I'd never be able to live with no arms, let alone being a quadrepeligic - thats not spelled right.), severly deep in depression and on the verge of suicide, starvation, dehydration, and loneliness.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
I agree with platypus. In the Dragonlance series, Weis and Hickman describe the concept of "Hell" as a place with scenery in the distance, in which you can run forever if you wish and never reach it. Even if you imagine someone there or hear a voice, you're completely alone.

AKRy100

Shockingly electric!
Paralysis.

Not the status condition from the games, but just when none of your muscles work except your heart and your brain works perfectly fine, but you can't move your body so your fate no longer rests in your hands. And you have to eat through a tube. And you want to die so, so much but you can't tell anyone, even though everyone is discussing the ethics of it and you're so close to getting what you want but... in the end it's stated that killing you is technically murder, so you have to live the rest of your 'life' like a vegetable with people calling you a retard.

Being forced to run forever, with no rests, and you'll never pass out from exhaustion. You hang on the edge of starvation and dehydration, but you don't die. You run and run and run in a horrible cycle of near-death.

...I didn't know I could be so morbid...

If that is your opinion of something worse than death then I'd advise you to stay away from elevators, thin floors, and small doorways.

I think watching someone be killed or tortured would be worse than death. I can stand pain, but I freak out when it happens to other people. I'm a little too empathetic.

Penguinist Trainer

Fate worse than death... I'd say being in a vegetative state. My friend and I already agreed to pull the plug if we were ever stuck on life support. The thought of being trapped in my own body without being able to interact with the world outside bothers me.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
Being immortal. Sure, the first couple of centuries would be a blast! I would collect any and everything I've ever wanted. Maybe even end a few wars (shoot all you want, I'm still walking =D)

But eventually, I would go insane after seeing everybody I ever love or even come in contact with die. Not to mention, the extinction of the human race.

Vernikova

Champion
Fate worse than death? Losing my sight has always been scary for me.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
There is nothing worse then death.

The human mind can in some way cope with everything else. But death is the un-mistakable end. No one knows what happens after we die, if anything, but the fact that we avoid death at nearly all costs and mourn our dead shows in some primal way we all fear it.

That's not completely true. There is suicide, remember. I've dealt with a loved one committing suicide... and in a horrible, excruciating way, too, so I can say for sure that some people will choose death over dealing with life. I can understand it. I mean, for me, death is scarier, even though I think we do have clues as to what happens from the supernatural (please, for your sake and mine, just accept that this is how I think and don't get me started arguing about it). But death can be so much easier than fighting. You don't have to deal with it anymore, you can just escape.

Anyway, I think never ending, excruciating pain is worse. And never ending nausea would be horrendous. Also, I'm pretty sure I'd prefer to die than go through that horrible period of anxiety I had. Well... that was so difficult, and I was so despairing. I'd never want to face that again. If I got over it... I know I'd rather die than have to exist like that permanantly. I couldn't live like that, anyway, only exist.

Last edited:
Being in a coma would suck. Given that there's a hevean you can't go there 'cos you're technically still alive.

Mastavida

For me, it would be ending innocent peoples lives. If it was a criminal or someone who hurt me deeply, I could deal with it eventually, but if the person has done nothing... I would rather die than kill someone else.

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
Being immortal.
Eternal torture/hunger.
Loneliness + being shunned and unwanted.
No control over your own body, despite a conscious will.

Stack it all and I'm going to... or wish to... keep attempting suicide which will ultimately fail.

treeco123

what happens in Pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of time/darkness after you beat Dialga.for people that don't know what happened,I found some videos on youtube.part 1
part 2 not made by me.

Last edited: