• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fav-Rites

Spire

soiya
This is a team of my favourite Pokemon. It's also built around resistances. Keep that in mind when rating.

dpffa407.png

Roserade @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 30 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 220 Spd
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

dpmfa260.png

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 40 Sp. Atk
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Earthquake
- Toxic

dpmfa149.png

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 204 HP / 136 Atk / 16 Def / 152 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

dpmfa385.png

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful Nature (+Sp. Def, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 236 HP / 216 Sp. Def / 56 Def
- Wish
- Protect
- Zen Headbutt
- U-Turn

dpmfa348.png

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Impish Nature (+Def, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Battle Armour
EVs: 242 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
- Knock Off
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

dpmfa477.png

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Sp. Def / 80 Def
- Fire Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Last edited:

aquasuicune

I only found one major issue with the movesets. Dragonite is using fire punch, but fire blast would work much better. The reasoning for this is simple. You're going to try to outrage everything in sight, but steels resist it. Steels are weak to earthquake, but scizor, forretress, and skarmory are neutral/immune to it. All four of them have great defense but abysmal special defense. Fire blast hits that much harder, and dragonite has a respectable special attack even with adamant.

Team wise, the type coverage is very good. Only replacement I would suggest would be swampert over quagsire, as swampert has the same typing, can use all the same moves, but has higher stats. Even though it doesn't have water absorb, water isn't the most common of attacking types, and you have two resists. I can understand if you just flat out like quagsire better though.

I also recommend shadow strike on dusknoir somewhere. You don't really have anything beside roserade to outspeed azelf and alakazam, and roserade really won't like taking psychics/flamethrowers/HP ice from them. Dusknoir can handle those attacks reasonably well, and can 2HKO alakazam, and 3HKO azelf. If you invested a bit into attack, you could 2HKO azelf as well if you decide that's important to you.

Cerulean21

Time Traveller
I totally agree. Fire Blast over Fire Punch on DDnite. Everything else looks really good. Especially Roserade and Jirachi. I use them in almost the same way on my Team too:D

You may want to invest more EVs in Attack on Adamant Dragonite. 204HP EV just don't seem to make to much sense as it is still going to be at least 2KOd by a STABbed Ice Beam and the like and attacking is Dragonites sole purpose.

Last edited:
Shadow Ball on Roserade, please.

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Impish Nature
252 HP / 88 Def / 170 SDef
-Shadow Sneak
-Thunder Punch / Fire Punch
-WoW
-Pain Split

Cerulean21

Time Traveller
Don't listen to ML. Shadow Ball is only an option if HP [Fire or Ice] are unoptainable. The type coverage of Shadow Ball just isn't that good. And you'll probably need Sludge Bomb as a reliable STAB move that doesn't force you to swich out.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
I would put Surf over Protect on Quagsire as things like Rhyperior are really gonna hurt this team without it.

Protect on 'sire is useless, IMO.

Cool points for using Magmortar, he should be given more credit.

Bizziler

Phantom, Timid is good on 'Rade as it allows you to catch things like DDMence, ScarfChomp and Rock Polish Rhyperior and OHKO them.

This is a team of my favourite Pokemon. It's also built around resistances. Keep that in mind when rating.

dpffa407.png

Roserade @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]

36 HP / 220 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature

The EVs you are using are such an overkill. You don't even really need as much speed as I've listed, but outrunning Scarf Heracross is pretty useful as apparantly people use it ._.

HP Fire is superior to ice.
EVs are set to HP Fire IVs.

dpmfa195.png

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Toxic

In my opinion, use Stone Edge over Protect.

252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SDef

Makes the most out of your EVs.

dpmfa149.png

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 204 HP / 136 Atk / 16 Def / 152 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

fine. Though consider Fire Blast, purely for Skarmory switch in's.

dpmfa385.png

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Impish Nature (+Def, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Sp. Def
- Wish
- Reflect
- Zen Headbutt
- U-Turn

imo, you're going to want a SDef based one, especially if you're using Reflect;

236 HP / 216 SDef / 56 Def
Calm.

Though Protect I tend to prefer over Reflect, else you find it can't heal itself particularly easily...

dpmfa467.png

Magmortar @ Expert Belt
Mild Nature (+Sp. Atk, -Def)
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 30 Atk / 252 Sp. Atk / 228 Spd
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Cross Chop

EVs: 80 Atk / 232 Spd / 196 SAtk
Mild

Ensures a 2HKO on every sort of Blissey with Cross Chop. Would have loved Grass Knot this Pokémon :(
Also such a shame about it's Trait. Even just having Flash Fire would have made it so much better...

oh, @ Life Orb is better.

dpmfa477.png

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Sp. Def / 80 Def
- Fire Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Cant see you stopping Garchomp. At all.
;/
Swords Dance ones will rip through you very quickly.
CB/CS ones will hurt even more.

Relying on Jirachi as much as I assume you're planning to will end in disaster. Especially with no Protect.
I only found one major issue with the movesets. Dragonite is using fire punch, but fire blast would work much better. The reasoning for this is simple. You're going to try to outrage everything in sight, but steels resist it. Steels are weak to earthquake, but scizor, forretress, and skarmory are neutral/immune to it. All four of them have great defense but abysmal special defense. Fire blast hits that much harder, and dragonite has a respectable special attack even with adamant.
Bronzomg takes more from a DD'd Fire Punch, and he will be a pretty popular swap in. Skarmory is the only reason you'd use Fire Blast, so I guess it's dependant on what you want it for.
You may want to invest more EVs in Attack on Adamant Dragonite. 204HP EV just don't seem to make to much sense as it is still going to be at least 2KOd by a STABbed Ice Beam and the like and attacking is Dragonites sole purpose.
Failure.
Shadow Ball on Roserade, please.

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Impish Nature
252 HP / 88 Def / 170 SDef
-Shadow Sneak
-Thunder Punch / Fire Punch
-WoW
-Pain Split
You need to stop posting your crappy set in every thread that uses a ****ing Dusknoir, especially if it is a STalk version.
I've become tired of MistyLovers stupidity. At first it was even amusing, now it's just repetitive, boring, and makes me think if he really can be this bad at it after so long without actively trying to make people think this...

Last edited:

Spire

soiya
OK.

I've decided to take Mag's advice on this, except with two changes - a Careful Jirachi, not a Calm one. (It wouldn't be good lowering Jirachi's already fairly low damage output, see.)

I've also swapped out Quagsire for Swampert, but I'm having trouble deciding what Swampert to use. At the moment, I'm using Toxic, but I'll switch that to Stealth Rock if it's deemed necessary.

Cerulean21 said:
Don't listen to ML.
I haven't listened to him in the past, and I'm not going to start any time soon.

Last edited:

indianunit02

pika...CHU!!!!!
Swampert is better off with stealth rock over toxic just because he's better suited for it. I would make dusknoir more defence variant over sp. def variant just because there are many more physical sweepers than sp. sweepers out there and you have two sp. walls and one ph. wall.

Annhialator Zero

killkillkillkillkill
I like how every suggestion bar Mag's and aquasuicune's has been "ZOMG SMALL BIT OF ORIGINALITY IN MOVESET USE STANDARDZ!!"

Team has cool points everywhere especially for Nite and Magmortar.

pelikow

I like how you horrificly rape the term "cool" by putting in next to everyone of your "rates".

and stick with toxic pert.

Last edited:

aquasuicune

I'd have to say put it over magmortar. Going purely by roles, you already have a special sweeper in roserade, swampert is the dragon killer, dusknoir walls stuff, dragonite is the physical sweeper, and jirachi gives wish support. Magmortar and roserade seem to be the only doubled role, and roserade is good for taking out the randomly fast pokemon/sashers.