• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

fav Transformers anime

fav Transformers anime

• Transformers Armada/Super Robot Lifeform Transformer: Micron Legend

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Transformers Energon/Transformers Superlink

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Transformers Cybertron/Transformers Galaxy Force

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • None of them

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
I understand many of you didn't like the recent Transformers anime shows, but still which one of them do you like the most?

freedom-123

AAMayL supporter
ive only watched cybertron so yea..i guess cybertron xD

UberSorcerer

None of them.

Those kids needed to die.
Aw, even Kicker? He's a much better character than his robosexual partner, Ironhide, and is far less annoying than Rad, Carlos, Billy, the other guy, Bud, Coby & Alexis. I didn't mind Lori though.

Topic creator, you forgot the oldies. >_>

G1-JPN
The Transformers: Headmasters
The Transformers: Masterforce
The Transformers: Victory

BW-JPN
Beast Wars the Second
Beast Wars Neo

JPN Export
Car Robots(Robot's in Disguise)

my vote will go for Cybertron, even though I liked "Dinobot Screamer" in Armada, Rodimus and Kicker in Energon, I just liked the non-human characters in Cybertron alot.

Shigeru-kun

Property of Jesus
Didn't care for any. Even the old ones Sorcerer mentioned, I just can't stand them. People complain about anime getting dubbed badly (or american productions like the YGO movie), but to me this is just as bad. Not only did the stories just not appeal, but the characters often didn't act anything like they should.

*remembers the Autobot party with karaoke, dancing with Arcee, paper cups and decorations*....ugh. *shudders* And I still want to kill whoever made Soundwave sweet. Soundwave may care for his cassettes, but even in battle he'd command them like any other 'con.

I like the original American ones.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
Armada sucked the least of the given choices. Other than that, the original was best.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Energon is horrible and the rest are okay. I like Beast Wars S.1-3, though not an anime.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Every Transformers anime is a travesty. The only exception was Robots in Disguise, which was still bad, but at least it didn't take itself seriously.

Beast Wars and Beast Machines, however, are the absolute sh*t, and are among the best "children's" cartoons to come out of the nineties. The original, American Transformers cartoon was alright, certainly better than its modern anime couterparts, but it suffered heavily from "toy commercial syndrome." The Marvel comics remedied this.

Cenzo

Red: True Master
Transformers Armada. It had the best characters and art.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
Aw, even Kicker? He's a much better character than his robosexual partner, Ironhide, and is far less annoying than Rad, Carlos, Billy, the other guy, Bud, Coby & Alexis. I didn't mind Lori though.

Topic creator, you forgot the oldies. >_>

G1-JPN
The Transformers: Headmasters
The Transformers: Masterforce
The Transformers: Victory

BW-JPN
Beast Wars the Second
Beast Wars Neo

JPN Export
Car Robots(Robot's in Disguise)
Sorry about that. I was only focusing on the recent Transformers spin-offs from the recent years.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Beast Machines was terrible. I could do without Transformers being a huge "Save the Environment" ad.
The spiritual/environmental aspects were severly overwrought, but if you can get beyond that and appreciate its character development and dark tone that is yet to be replicated in any Transformers cartoon, it really is a solid watch. I saw it for the first time ever on DVD this year, and I truly enjoyed it, but I do remember being dissapointed by the one episode I saw as a child, having come right out of Beast Wars.

There are alot of times when I'd rather watch a huge "save the environment" ad (Beast Machines) than a huge "buy our toys" ad (G1), I guess.

UberSorcerer

I have to say something though, each time Japan makes Transformers and "Sentaizes" it, dear god it's awful. I believe it is quite humorous that with only one exception, Americans and Brits are better at writing Sentient Transfoming Robots, even if they are an advert for toys.

Beast Machines was terrible. I could do without Transformers being a huge "Save the Environment" ad.

*Points to Nightscream* How about the ugly designs?

Oh, wait, the Movie, but atleast the story supports their uglyness, it pushes the Alien factor.

Franky, what is your position on G1 S3/4, The Transformers: The Movie and Michael Bay's Transformers? I am quite interested in this, as you do not strike me as a "OPTIMUS ONLY, GEEWUNNER!" type.