• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fav. Yu-Gi-Oh! Archtypes

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
No poll section here, so...

Post and discuss your favorite Archtypes here! (If this thread exists already, i'm sorry.)

Mine are the Gem-Knights. They are the best cards I've used in ages... Can't wait 'till they come out...

...in America. :)

SmartD

Magnet warriors and Elemental Heroes.

Crawley007

Magnet warriors and Elemental Heroes.

Can Magnet Warriors really be considered an archetype? There are only 4, and I don't think they have any support.

My first favorite are Scraps, and second Gravekeepers. But they're pretty close.

And how did you use Gem Knights, deokishisu? If they aren't in US yet. On a video game?

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I like the Elemental Heroes, the Blackwings, the Worms, the Arcana Forces and the Fortune Ladies. I've used all of them at some point, and I quite enjoyed using them, although those Arcana Force cards can be a handful sometimes.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Hm... personally one of my favorite Archetypes is the Arcana Force. Thanks to Persona, I've always loved the Tarot, so seeing them personified as cards in the game was quite neat to me, and I particularly liked the appearance of some (though I just plain can't resist screaming 'ZA WARUDO!' whenever I manage to summon Arcana Force XXI - The World).

I also quite like Evil Heroes, Vision Heroes, Nordics and the Aesir. Yes, the Aesir got next to no explanation in 5D's and were pretty much there so Konami could bring giant awesome Norse Gods in... but they're still pretty frickin' awesome.

Crawley007

Monarch`s are effect monsters so they kind of have built in support enough.
Now that you mention it though, Monarch support would be pretty cool.

Gravekeeper`s FTW.

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
My favorite archetype is Blackwing.
No question about it.

Mikau

Better then you
I have got to say, Fortune Ladies are quite epic. I've been playing with the deck for a while now and they are awesome. Next fav though would be Heroes in general.

Monarch`s are effect monsters so they kind of have built in support enough.
Now that you mention it though, Monarch support would be pretty cool.

Gravekeeper`s FTW.

I actually would like to see it. Especially if we get four other Monarchs like Delg and Kuraz to have two for each attribute.

Crawley007

I actually would like to see it. Especially if we get four other Monarchs like Delg and Kuraz to have two for each attribute.

I actually don't like what they did with the Monarch's and made 2 Dark.
If they made more, they shouldn't go by Attribute but something else.
By support I was thinking more Spell/Trap OR maybe some low level "Monarch's Assistant" monsters that aid in getting them out easier.

Sam2010

Cheers
My favorite type is definitly the Elemental Hereos. XD

JinMo92

I used to love Blackwings all the way!! Now it is the Legendary Six Samurai's.