1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite 3rd Gen Battle Facility

Discussion in 'Past Pokémon Generations Discussion' started by Lorde, Aug 10, 2010.

?

Favorite 3rd Gen Battle Facility?

1. Battle Tower

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Battle Factory

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  3. Battle Pike

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  4. Battle Dome

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  5. Battle Arena

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  6. Battle Palace

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  7. Battle Pyramid

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  8. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I've been wondering about this for a long time. Generation 3 brought about the rise of several really cool battle facilities, almost all of which never existed in Generations 1 and 2. From the Battle Tents in Emerald to Trainer Tower in LeafGreed and FireRed, I want to know: Which one do you prefer and why?

My favorite battle facility has to be the Battle Pike at the Battle Frontier. I love how almost anyone can make it to the end and win Battle Points with just a hint of luck and some clever choices. Sometimes you don't even have to battle trainers! I like the overall design of the Battle Pike compared to other similar places in the games, and it's leader, Pike Queen Lucy, is really quite interesting. Her choice of Pokemon can be annoying at first but once you overcome her, the Battle Pike might just be the best battle facility in Emerald.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  2. Dragard

Dragard I wasn't even there.

I like the Battle Dome. The tournament style battling always appeals to me.

3. Rizardo

Rizardo Well-Known Member

It's been while when I was able to play these facilities, but one special what I remember: Battle Palace. It's joy to watch your pokémon battling with random moves.

4. Megaton666

Megaton666 Swampert Trainer

I always liked the Battle arena

5. Nitro123 (PG)

Nitro123 (PG) Needs a user title

I like the battle factory, becasue you get to battle with different Poke'mon than your own.
    I hate the battle factory becasue they have horrible movesets.

6. Skwog

Skwog PurpleHaze

I personally love the Battle Dome.
    The tournament tree is very nice, and its interesting to see what combination of Pokemon people use in the higher levels of the challenge.

7. pokemonloverXD

pokemonloverXD Ash's fangirl

I like the battle palace the most
    Yes, yes it is

8. DaAuraWolf

DaAuraWolf I'm Back...

Battle Pike.It`s one of the easiest to get to the Frointier Brain.Also its great because,It`s the only place in the Battle Frontier you don`t have to battle annoying trainers one after one.

9. Trapman

Trapman Bazinga!!

That´s exactly why I like the battle dome as well. Plus it´s fun choosing the two pokemon that you think will be a good matchup against the opponents team.

10. foxyman1167

foxyman1167 From Zero To Hero

I prefer the Battle Tower because its just straight up battling. I hate the one with Spencer, I think the Battle Dome or something.

11. deoxysdude94

deoxysdude94 lost the game again

I like the battle pyramid. I like how the team of Blaziken, Swampert, and Sceptile pwns the pyramid King.

12. TehGr81

TehGr81 College graduate

I like the Battle Pike because of its unpredictability. You never know what lies beyond each path until it's too late to turn back.

13. Volcanic Murk

Volcanic Murk Stupid Genius

I like the Battle Dome the best because you can actually be in a tournament-like situation. It's been in the anime forever, but never in the games.

14. Emperor Empoleon

Emperor Empoleon Honor of Kalos

^Agreed. I'd really like to see another Battle Dome in the future =] It gives you the look and feel of a real tourney =D

15. Lorde

Lorde Banned

That's probably the best summary of the Battle Pike I've ever heard lol. It's way better than how I put it. I think that appeals to me; the unpredictability of that facility makes me want to take a chance even if a horrible fate awaits me. It's just one of those places in the 3rd Generation I cannot live without.

I see some people prefer the Battle Dome. I've tried it a few times and it's ok but I dislike the tournament-style system they use and sometimes I just don't think those trainer summaries are all that accurate :S

16. Pikawho?

Pikawho? (five15)

Tough choice between the Arena and the Dome, but I voted the Arena. I liked the idea of quickened battles (three turns to "outperform/KO" the opponent). It had it's advantages and disadvantages, but it was still alot of fun to play through.

The Dome was also fun because it was tournament style. But that was all that I really liked about it. =/

My least favorite, although not asked in this thread, has to be the battle palace. In concept, it was ok ("let the pogeymans fight for themselves!"), but it was frustrating when the pokemon couldn't attack at all. But that's all in the strategy, I supposed....

17. Witchan

Witchan Shauntal, FTW!

Battle Factory.

18. Serebii!

Serebii! Well-Known Member

Probably Battle Factory cause you get to use other pokemon

19. Hikari Paradise

Hikari Paradise Forever Alone

I like Battle Factory because all the pokemon are pre-raised for you and because of the variety.

20. SmartD

SmartD Well-Known Member

I played in the Battle Dome a lot, probably because of the music. Therefore, I probably like it.