• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite 3rd Gen BGM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Of the music tracks in Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen, which ones were your favorites? Please explain your choice(s).

My all-time favorite BGM from the 3rd Gen was the Mt. Pyre music, which is epic and has a groovy feel to it, like something you'd expect to hear on Scooby-Doo. :p

lilcipher

bi & ready 2 di
Dive, Flood, and Sootopolis City are tied for favorite. Dive is relaxing and bubbly, perfect for navigating through the blue-hued corridors underwater as bubbles trailed behind you. Flood evokes a sense of urgency, always making me want to hurry up and save the world from being washed away. And Sootopolis City is so upbeat and cheery, to this day I still tap my fingers along with the music.

jginz1

Shiny Hunter
My top 6
6. May's Encounter theme (One of the most cheerful rival encounter themes)
5. Dive (very atmospheric and peaceful)
4. Sootopolis City (sounds a lot like Greek music, which accompanies its look)
3. Battle Frontier Brain Battle
2. Mt. Pyre (groovy and has a good contrast between melodies)
1. Sea Mauville (evokes alot of emotion in me, idk why)

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
The Sootopolis City theme. Always been one of my favourites. There's something about it that sounds very mystical or mysterious to me, and I like that. Plus, I find it very nostalgic...always makes me think about the past and when I was playing the game for the first time.

Kalosian

So long
From R/S/E, my two top favorites are the Battle Frontier theme and the Frontier Brain battle theme. I spent a lot of time in the Battle Frontier in Emerald, I really like the music there, hearing it was always a pleasure and I never got tired of it. The Frontier Brain theme is also awesome, I liked hearing it every time I got to battle a Frontier Brain, it really helped make these battles feel more special. Apart from these two, I am a big fan of the Abandoned Ship, regular battle theme, Gym Leader battle theme and others I can't think of right now.

Picking a favorite from FR/LG is a bit harder since they don't have that much original music, most of their music are remakes of tracks from R/B/Y and G/S/C. My favorite has got to be one track that plays at several places at the Sevii Islands, such as the Sevault Canyon. I was a big fan of the original from G/S/C and I think the FR/LG version is the best version of it, I like it better than both the G/S/C and HG/SS versions. Apart from it, I am also a big fan of the FR/LG credits and all of the music I liked from R/B/Y as well.

Mightilicious

Gen 3 Dark Type User
Any of the more serious BGMs from Ruby and Sapphire like Team Magma/Aqua Leader Battle and Champion Steven Battle are some good examples :3

NPT

Just a member
I like a lot of music tracks from the Hoenn games... especially the ones with the trumpets.

My favorite Gen 3 music tracks in no particular order:
  • Petalburg City
  • Oldale Town
  • Dewford Town
  • Verdanturf Town
  • Trainer battle Theme
  • Team Magma/Aqua Grunt Battle Theme
  • Gym Leader battle Theme
  • Rival battle Theme
  • Route 122
  • Mt. Pyre (top)
  • Battle Frontier
  • Battle Tower Theme
  • Frontier Brain Battle Theme
  • Fortree City
  • Ever Grande City
  • Sky Pillar
  • Elite Four Battle Theme
  • Route 113
  • Route 119
  • Groundon/Kyogre/ Rayquaza Battle Theme
  • Abandoned Ship
  • Surf Theme
  • Dive
  • RSE Champion Battle Theme
  • Meteor Falls
  • Ending Credits Theme

Last edited:
How have I not replied to the thread about the OST of my home region yet?!

Here is a list, also specifying whether it is RSE or ORAS:
Battle Brendan/May (ORAS) - it sounds so happy, yet the bass and guitar make it really upbeat and epic at the same time!
Battle/Victory wild Pokemon (ORAS) - ok this is mainly nostalgia. ORAS was my first Pokemon game. I cry whenever these two themes play.
Battle Gym Leader (both) - need I say more than Trumpets?
Route 113 (both) - this theme is one of the most mysterious yet cool tracks in Pokemon history. I remember first going to this route in ORAS and being freaked out by the combination of falling ash, this theme and my first encounter being a Spinda (which was really creepy to me at the time).
Battle Archie/Maxie (ORAS) - wearing headphones makes this theme 1000x better. Especially the intro, where the sounds bounces through both ears for things get extra-intense.
Drought (RSE) - the ORAS remix wasn't bad, but the original screamed creepy with the GBA noises.
Battle Champion (both) - just... damn. The intensity is f**king real. It's upbeat, and suits both Hoenn champions perfectly.
Battle Elite Four (ORAS) - it sounds amazing, especially with the upgraded instruments.
Battle Deoxys (both) - the theme is so upbeat, so mysterious, so COOL!
Battle Zinnia - the ORAS-exclusive track that is so amazing and epic! The violin has always been a favourite instrument of mine, so this epic theme was one I adored!
Azoth - another ORAS-exclusive theme, but this one just made me feel hard. It's so emotional, and makes me think about the manga adaption of RS due to how apocalyptic that chapter was. This one is truely epic.
Per Aspera Ad Astra - did this just become a rock song? OH YEAH!
Strains Of A New Beginning - after a month of playing ORAS, with the adventure finally ending, and the cutscenes that came with it, and that amazing piano... I cried so much. It's beautiful.

Edit: forgot to mention the most nostalgia-inducing track of the lot... for some reason, it's route 110's theme.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I have a track list (in no particular order):

• Opening Theme
  • Title Screen
  • Littleroot Town
  • Wild Pokémon Battle
  • Trainer Battle
  • Team Magma & Aqua Battle
  • Dewford Town
  • Pokémon Gym
  • Gym Leader Battle
  • Slateport City
  • Route 110
  • Bicycle Theme
  • Verdanturf Town
  • Surf Theme
  • Rival Battle
  • Fortree City
  • Encounter! Reporter
  • Mt. Pyre (inner)
  • Evolution Theme
  • Magma & Aqua Leader Battle
  • Dive Theme
  • Cave of Origin
  • Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza Battle Theme
  • Victory Road
  • Elite Four Battle
  • Ending Theme
  • Rayquaza Appears!

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Route 110, because it conveys the feel of an adventure very well, Route 104, because it is relaxed and laid-back, and Weather Trio battle theme, because it is intense. Other themes I like are: Rustboro City, Dewford Town, Fallarbor Town, Petalburg Woods, Surf, Route 120, vs. Gym Leader, vs. Elite Four, and vs. Champion.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I think the Victory Road theme music from R/S/E is my current favourite from the Hoenn games cuz it always gets me pumped for the challenges ahead. And as for the Kanto remakes, I'd have to go with the Deoxys battle music as my favourite cuz of the bells.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Let's see, from RS my favorite tunes were the Game Corner theme, Surf theme, Regi battle theme, and Sealed Chamber theme. From Emerald, I liked the BF theme music since it sounded majestic and just plain good.

Bananarama

The light is coming
In RSE I enjoyed the music in Meteor Falls because of how beautiful it was. I also enjoyed the Surfing music because of its serene sound and how it doesn't really sound like the Surfing music in some of the other games.

JAKnighton

Cartoonist
The Fortree City/Secret Base theme is the one that sends me right back in time to when I first played Sapphire version. I was actually disappointed in the ORAS version.

Cat's Eye Draco

Blue's Champion theme because it's undeniably epic. The Hoenn Rival music because it's so playfully challenging. And the Dive music because it sounds so soothing, peaceful, and adventurous at the same time.

Aquarelle

Staff member
In RSE I enjoyed the music in Meteor Falls because of how beautiful it was.
YES, I've really grown to love the Meteor Falls theme over the years. It wasn't one of my favourites when I played the games for the first time, but now I think it's a beautiful theme. There's something magical about it IMO.

I should also mention the Gym Leader battle themes, for both RSE and FRLG. The Kanto & Hoenn Gym Leader themes are probably my top two favourites in the whole series. Love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.