• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite 3rd Gen BGM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The best music on the R/S/E soundtrack to me was the Minamo City (Lilycove) music, and my favorite music from FR/LG was the Champion battle theme.

Mt. Pyre's music from the peak's graveyard is my favorite RSE music right now since it's getting closer to Halloween. I like the spookiness of that music.

DatsRight

It introduced the funky Pokemart theme of course (which sadly got omitted again later when Center and Mart became one).

Most of my beefs with the FRLG remixes (besides being so used to the anime's attempts at 'full' arrangements) is that they nearly all play at a different pitch from the originals. it's a shame because when I tweak them on a player to run on the right key they sound great, especially the battle themes.

Last edited:

kittyguy2008

The Piano Man
I absolutely ADORE the Oceanic Museum theme from RSE some others that I really like from those games would be Abandoned Ship, Sealed Chamber, Route 113, and the Ending Theme.
I don't have as big of an attachment to FRLG, but I do really like the SS Anne Theme.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I absolutely ADORE the Oceanic Museum theme from RSE some others that I really like from those games would be Abandoned Ship, Sealed Chamber, Route 113, and the Ending Theme.
I don't have as big of an attachment to FRLG, but I do really like the SS Anne Theme.

The Ocean Science Museum's theme always seemed so serene, and as embarrassing as it may sound, it took me ages to realize that the music was a remix of the S.S. Anne theme.

Manchee

extra toasty
The tune for Verdanturf has stuck out to me since these games were the newest ones around, which is saying something because I don't notice music all that often when I'm playing a video game. Even now I can only remember a handful from R/B/Y, a couple from R/S/E, and to be perfectly honest I can't remember off the top of my head how the Verdanturf tune goes, but I know it's my favorite lol

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I like a lot of Gen 3 BGM but the ones I like to most are the Hoenn Trainer Battle theme, vs Ancient Pokémon theme, vs Hoenn Elite Four theme and the vs Hoenn Champion theme because they all sounded intense and I liked their instruments, particularly with the Route 110 theme.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The tune for Verdanturf has stuck out to me since these games were the newest ones around, which is saying something because I don't notice music all that often when I'm playing a video game. Even now I can only remember a handful from R/B/Y, a couple from R/S/E, and to be perfectly honest I can't remember off the top of my head how the Verdanturf tune goes, but I know it's my favorite lol

It's such a melancholy tune, which serves as a noticeable contrast to R/S/E's other music tracks (which are chiefly upbeat), so perhaps that's the reason why Shidake's (Verdanturf's) theme is so catchy and memorable.

Daizy

I call you honey
The music that plays when we fight May or Brendan is my favorite. In fact I was always mad that we can only hear that music like 4 times in R/S. I wish it was played more often.

TeaWest

Definitely agree on the Verdanturf theme. I would just let it play from my GBA SP and listen to the music. It was such a beautiful song. :)

AuroraBeam

The Oceanic Museum is my favorite. It has a wistful sound. Even as a yound kid, it made me want to think deep about the nature of world and people. But I get sentimental about things like that at RL museums, so I guess it's fitting.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Oceanic Museum is my favorite. It has a wistful sound. Even as a yound kid, it made me want to think deep about the nature of world and people. But I get sentimental about things like that at RL museums, so I guess it's fitting.

If I remember right, that music was a remix of the S.S. Anne theme. I liked it, but I still preferred the S.S. Anne theme from the Kanto remakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.