1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite 3rd Gen Frontier Brain

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by RedBlastoise, Aug 18, 2019.

1. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Well-Known Member

Which Frontier Brain from the 3rd Generation games did you guys like the most? Please explain your choice in detail.

I have two favorites - Lucy and Brandon. Lucy because she looked sinister and wicked and Brandon because he used all three Regi Pokemon and also the Kanto legendary birds in the rematch.

Lunalah, MockingJ and wolf jani like this.
  2. wolf jani

wolf jani A Galar shill I guess

Definitely Anabel, she's cool. I was glad & suprised to see her in alola.

RedBlastoise and Leonhart like this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

I used to like Jindai (Brandon) the most since he always seemed like the most mysterious one given that he used a team of only Legendary Pokemon. But recently I've grown to like Datsura (Noland) the most since he's an intelligent character with a design that suggests that he's more than just book smart.

4. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

Lucy. I probably spent more time in the Battle Pike than any other facility, and I liked her design and her team's serpent theme.

5. Xionea

Xionea Half a centaur

I'm gonna have to go with Greta from the Battle Arena. I like her design and both her silver and gold medal teams have Pokemon I love. Unfortunately I've never been skilled enough to challenge her. I've only ever managed to make it to Lucy (her anime variation is the best tho) in the Battle Pike.

Special shout-out to Brandon and his teams of nothing but legendaries.

Lunalah, RedBlastoise and wolf jani like this.
  6. Leonhart

I think I must've spent most of my time at her battle facility while at the Battle Frontier as well, although something about her eyes in her official Ken Sugimori artwork is unsettling to me. Her face reminds me of a snake, and the anime at least made her look slightly less frightening.

7. MockingJ

MockingJ Banned

I'd say Greta because I thought that she looked like a cute martial artist kind of character and also because I liked the rating system at the Battle Arena.

wolf jani likes this.
  8. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

I'll go with Brandon, since I liked his adventurous personality and the fact he uses the legendary birds in the second battle.

MockingJ likes this.
  9. Leonhart

I liked her design and her portrayal in the anime, but I disliked her battle facility since the scoring system felt rigged sometimes. I hated being close to defeating an opponent at the Battle Arena, but suddenly losing because my opponent got a better score than me. It was frustrating as heck.

MockingJ likes this.
  10. Lunalah

Lunalah Well-Known Member

I liked Tucker because he was fabulous and the Battle Dome was the best facility on the Battle Frontier island given its tournament style of battling. Lucy and Noland are like my 2nd and 3rd picks though.

MockingJ likes this.
  11. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Well-Known Member

The problem with Greta is that one of her teams has Shedinja. I learned the hard way that you need a Pokemon with a super effective move against Shedinja if you want to beat Greta and get the silver symbol.

12. Paul1985

Paul1985 Ana de Armas fan

Anabel.

RedBlastoise likes this.