• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite 3rd gen Starter?

What is your favorite 3rd Gen Starter?

• Mudkip

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • Torchic

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Treecko

Votes: 18 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

joxxmarie

Eeveelution Obsessor
Hoenn had my favorite group of starters. Like with every other generation, it's been pretty easy for me to pick what I considered to be the cutest, but with the 3rd generation I had the hardest time picking between Torchic and Mudkip. To this day, they're still my favorites -- even counting Emploeon and it's great defenses.

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
Treecko, it stands apart for the everyday grass starters that have the powders and synthesis and solarbeam, it tears through water with it's leafblade

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
Stale 'i liek mudkipz' comment.

But yeah, Mudkip is my favourite. I like the others too, and I've done playthroughs with them perfectly happily, but they don't quite cut it for me.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I liked Treeko the most. I usually pick the water starter, but I really liked Treeko, so I picked him 3rd gen.

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
Although I usually choose grass starters, Mudkip is my favorite of the Gen.3 starters. Even without the Meme, Mudkip is both my favorite water and Hoenn starter. Not only is it adorable, but its evolved forms were either neutral or had an advantage against all the gym leaders, it could learn a decent number of attacks, and was good with both physical and special attacks (note: I'm not a metagamer, so I might be wrong about that line in competitive circles).

Celest M.

Celestial Mistress~
Mudkip. Swampert owns. A starter that ends up as a Water/Ground type was an excellent idea.

SmartD

I like Treecko because I'm kind of a lizard person.

Crystalmew9

Ultimate Mew Fan
Agh...a tough one. Between Treecko or Torchic...I suppose Torchic, because the very first time I played Emerald I chose Torchic <.< FIREPECK RULEZ!!!!

Antiyonder

Overlord
Mudkip, because it's evolved forms can learn Earthquake, and has only one Type Weakness (Grass).

Otherwise, it's immune to Electric Attacks, and takes regular/low damage to other types.

Sprintking

My fav is always the Fire starter, but Treecko is about as close a second as possible.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Treecko because it evolves into Sceptile which has the highest speed and dragon type characteristics.... That is only my opinion

Saga

Beginning Trainer
The poll is closed but, here's another vote for Mudkip.

My first in this generation was Torchic, but after playing with both, I can't help but feel that Mudkip is slightly better.

Starreh-Chan~

Random is reality
I also pick mudkip.

Torchic isn't really working for me :( (First Fire Starter, BTW x3)

Status
Not open for further replies.