1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite 3rd Gen starter?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by Aeturo, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Aeturo

Aeturo Swampert

Mine was Mudkip, I'd like to know what everyone else thinks;258;

2. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

Mudkip is my favorite as well, I found it to be very good when playing through the games.

3. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

Mudkip too :3 Can take out Sceptile easy XD nya~

4. StarlightUmbreon

StarlightUmbreon Well-Known Member

Treecko was my first pokemon, so of course Ive always loved it :3 but mudkip has really been growing on me and I think Im starting to like it a little more haha ^^

5. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Eldritch Abomination

Mudkip. It would be Treecko, but I don't really like Sceptile.

6. Princess Raspberyl

Princess Raspberyl ~Shining One~

I liek Mudkipz :3

7. Lorde

Lorde Banned

My favorite is Torchic because it's cute. Its evolutions are all right too, but I always judge Starter Pokemon based on their cuteness since that's usually what makes them popular.

8. RevolutionStorm

RevolutionStorm Revolutionist

Torchic.

Blaziken has ALWAYS been one of my favorite final forms. The first Fire/Fighting-type Pokemon, capable of learning some killer moves (ThunderPunch, Earthquake, Brick Break, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Aerial Ace etc.) and, as the generations went on it, he got better.

But even when I was playing Emerald for the first time, I had a soft spot for Torchic.

9. Earth Wolf-Howl

Earth Wolf-Howl Nuzlocker

Torchic. My Blaziken, when I was playing Emerald for the first time, was one of the most useful members of my team, and as such, I've loved it ever since. Torchic is adorable as well, to the point that when I got Sapphire recently, my starter was Torchic. (Nicknamed Mekigo)

10. Ver-mont

Ver-mont Well-Known Member

Torchic. I always liked Blaziken a lot.

11. Aeturo

Aeturo Swampert

I've loved Swampert since I was 5 years old, I still have him too. That's the reason I love Mudkips so much

12. Sckewi

Sckewi Member

I think the gen 3 starters were a good set of starters. Torchic was my favourite, then Mudkip!

13. Nidogod

Nidogod Well-Known Member

I like Mudkip the most. Very versatile, good against a lot of the gyms, solid for E4 as well. Torchic is solid too, but fairs a little worse against gyms, and I personally don't find fighting/fire to be a useful party slot. Treeko can be used well competitively, but barely learns any moves as you level in-game, has no versatility, and overall sucks.

14. Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama Fancy footwork

The Torchic line would be my favorite out of the three.

15. Necro101

Necro101 Well-Known Member

My favourite starter n 3rd generation starter is probably Treecko. I like Treecko better because he looks epic. I like its design. The idea of a Gecko was a great and it was well represented with Treecko. But, I really liked Swampert don't mistake me for saying Mudkipz I liked Swampert. Treecko was my favourite non evolved starter, Sceptile my favorite second stage starter (if thats how you say it) and my favourite fully evolved starter was Swampert. Swampert was just one bulky Pokemon. I loved how he is a swamp Pokemon. Anything that has to do with swamps is boss in my opinion.

RAWK ON

16. +Ike

+Ike ♥ Call me Lexi ♥

My favorite starter was mudkip too! It was the first starter I chose for my first playthrough of Sapphire and hoenn in general

17. MewDew

MewDew New Member

Treecko, mudkips too overrated, Not a big fan of Torchic either

18. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lucario Lover

My favorite is Mudkip. Treecko is second

19. deoxysdude94

deoxysdude94 Just bought a Switch :D

I liek mudkipz. srsly.

It makes the game so easy, and if you throw on a swellow, you can beat the game with just those 2.

20. tailsxcream fan

tailsxcream fan Pokemon Master

Mudkip its so cute plus its evolutions are better the Torchic and Treekos in my opinion.