• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite 4th Gen BGM?

ouiaboo

uhhhhhhhhhh
Route 47 from HG/SS. To this day one of the most beautiful songs I've heard in anything

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
The theme that plays when you're inside one of Team Galactic buildings kind of makes me think you're a spy infiltrating the bad guys' headquarters to bust them. :cool:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The theme that plays when you're inside one of Team Galactic buildings kind of makes me think you're a spy infiltrating the bad guys' headquarters to bust them. :cool:
For some reason that sounds like Gladion's theme in the Gen 7 games. I like that music as well due to that resemblance.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
For some reason that sounds like Gladion's theme in the Gen 7 games. I like that music as well due to that resemblance.

Agreed. In fact it seems like a "saving the world" theme, which I felt was fitting since Akagi (Cyrus) was essentially trying to recreate the world.

I don't mean the one that plays when you go into their building after they bomb Lake Valor up. I mean the one that plays when you go in prior to that.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I don't mean the one that plays when you go into their building after they bomb Lake Valor up. I mean the one that plays when you go in prior to that.

Yeah the jazzy feeling feels pretty smooth. It sounds good but I personally don’t find it as good as the other one.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Yeah the jazzy feeling feels pretty smooth. It sounds good but I personally don’t find it as good as the other one.

You mentioned Gladion's theme. Fun fact - it's actually a speeded-up version of "Run Away, Fugitives" from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team. It fits Gladion because he's a fugitive, kind of. And it does sound like the Team Galactic HQ second theme, so it's got some Gen 4 and Gen 3 in it. :)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
You mentioned Gladion's theme. Fun fact - it's actually a speeded-up version of "Run Away, Fugitives" from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team. It fits Gladion because he's a fugitive, kind of. And it does sound like the Team Galactic HQ second theme, so it's got some Gen 4 and Gen 3 in it. :)
Cool. But thinking about the Gen 4 version I guess it has to do with the infiltration of the Team Galactic building but then it doesn’t have as much to do with the fugitive theme there.

Leonhart

Imagineer
NovaBrunswick said:

That theme is nice in the sense that it's jazzy, but I find it lacking since it doesn't seem threatening enough for a villainous team.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
That theme is nice in the sense that it's jazzy, but I find it lacking since it doesn't seem threatening enough for a villainous team.

Also, it sounds a bit like the Veilstone City theme. They both have that jazz piano thing going on. It's most likely because Galactic's main HQ is in Veilstone.

(If we ever get Sinnoh remakes, and I really hope we do, will GF have noticed the similarities between Gladion's theme and the 'Galactic HQ infiltration' theme?)

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
EDIT: That was my boyfriend.

I love the Snowpoint City music and the Surf music

The Surf music in Sinnoh or Johto? The Sinnoh Surf music sounds pretty relaxing, and the Johto version gives me nostalgia.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I probably said this before, but doesn’t the music on the route outside of Sunnyshore City (forgot the exact number) sound a lot like the Green Day song 21 Guns? Maybe someone at Game Freak is a big fan of GD, or one of the members of GD might be a big fan of Pokémon;)