• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite 4th Gen BGM?

Ninja Bulbasaur

wasn't there that one route music from d/p/pt that sounded like 121 Guns by Green Day because man that was funny

my favorite bgm is the rival battle theme for Barry! It was very upbeat and cute. oh, and eterna forest was also nice sounding.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I loved the BGM from Hearthome and Eterna Cities a lot. It sounded so serene, and I thought it suited the ancient atmosphere of the cities, especially Eterna City.

Hearthome City's theme sounded decent IMO, though something kept me from loving it. It just lacked a catchy hook.

Noa

Pokemon Crystal is my happy place
[video=youtube;2nlOm6-zhgs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nlOm6-zhgs[/video]

The entire soundtrack is amazing, but this is my favorite. It's so sweet and relaxing.

Aquarelle

Staff member
  • Sinnoh Route 201 - I just love how bubbly it sounds.
Route 201 has one of my favourite route themes in the whole series, and I think this explains why. I've always found it so happy, hopeful, etc. and I really like that.

Guess I'll mention a couple of other themes I love:
From DPPt, Oreburgh City - it's very energetic, so I think it suits the city very well.
From HGSS, the Champion battle theme - my absolute favourite Champion theme. HGSS definitely has my favourite version of it out of every game it's appeared in.

Daizy

I call you honey
The Mt. Coronet summit music was my favorite, and my second favorite would be the Old Chateau's music which was so effing scary lol.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The mellow music of Lake Shinji (Verity) and Shinou's other two lakes is my favorite BGM from Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. I'd vote for Masago (Sandgem) Town's BGM as a runner-up, however.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I'm actually sort of scared of the Mt. Coronet inside music. It sounds like something you'd hear in a suspense/horror movie, as does the Old Chateau theme.

ladynorther

Living Pokédex-haver
I absolutely ADORE the DPPt soundfont, especially the jazzy organs and stuff.

I think my favorite 4th gen track would have to be the Galactic Buildings interior music, or maybe Mt. Coronet outside.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm actually sort of scared of the Mt. Coronet inside music. It sounds like something you'd hear in a suspense/horror movie, as does the Old Chateau theme.

Mt. Tengan's BGM is slightly suspenseful, although in a subtle kind of way. I don't mind it myself, but the music that plays at the top of the mountain has a much more intense melody, which is why it's among my favorite tracks.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
Jubilife
Hearthome
Snowpoint
Sunnyshore
Lake Verity
Bunch of routes I'm forgetting the numbers of
Turnback Cave/Pokemon Mansion (legit creeps the sh't out of me)
Distortion World
Mt Coronet (and the snowy part)
Spear Pillar
Battle!Cyrus
Battle!Gym Leader
Battle!E4 (^is there a difference?)
Battle!Cynthia
Battle!Dialga/Palkia
Battle!Giratina
Battle!Legendary

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I liked a lot of Gen 4 music because of the soundfont but some of the most prominent are the Trainer Battle theme (DPPt), Pokémon League (DPPt), Mt Coronet, vs Dialga/Palkia, vs Giratina, vs Cynthia and vs Lance (HGSS) for the intensity. For some others like Hearthome City and Route 209, just sounded nice and refreshing.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Hearthome's theme is another favourite of mine as well - always feel happy while listening to it.

Also, today I remembered about the Route 47/48 music from HGSS - I think it's a lovely theme and suits the area really well. I find something nostalgic about it as well, since whenever I hear it, I think of memories of previous Pokemon playthroughs.