1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite 4th Gen Frontier Brain

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by RedBlastoise, Aug 18, 2019.

1. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Cerulean Blues

Which Frontier Brain from the 4th Generation games did you guys like the most? Please explain your choice in detail.

My favorite one was Dahlia since she was the most lively one and I liked that her battle facility involved the roulette because it made the battle more unpredictable and exciting.

Lunalah, MockingJ and wolf jani like this.
  2. wolf jani

wolf jani Prone to overreacting about things

Thorton since he was unpredictable with different mons every time.

Lunalah and Leonhart like this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

My favorite Frontier Brain changes often, but right now I'd say that Nejiki (Thorton) is my favorite one. He's the one that I've faced the most times since I've been trying to get his commemorative print in HeartGold version, but he's a challenge each time I've battled him. Despite that, I like his design.

MockingJ and wolf jani like this.
  4. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

Dahlia. The Battle Arcade has always been my favorite Frontier facility, and I like her design and cheerful personality.

Lunalah, Leonhart and wolf jani like this.
  5. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I liked her design, especially her hair. She was also one of the few people of color in the franchise at that point, so that's a nice bonus. I'll admit that I loathe her battle facility, though. I always seemed to have the worst luck there.

6. DLeck6211

DLeck6211 Furniture of law enforcement

Palmer

I don't really have a reason, I just like him lol

7. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

I'll go with Argenta, since she looks quite cool and you can't predict which Pokemon she is going to send out.

SerenaRulez likes this.
  8. Lunalah

Lunalah Well-Known Member

Palmer because he's the rival dude's dad and he has a pretty awesome team and also because he was in DP and not just Platinum like the others.

RedBlastoise and MockingJ like this.
  9. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

Is it bad that I didn't like any of them in particular? They had interesting aesthetics I'll give them that, but I preferred the Hoenn Frontier Brains more. I guess I'll pick Darach just because he looked dapper.

SerenaRulez and RedBlastoise like this.
  10. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Cerulean Blues

I always considered Darach to be like a pseudo-Frontier Brain because I think it was implied that Caitlin was the real Brain and Darach just battled for her.

Leonhart likes this.
  11. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I also considered Cattleya (Caitlin) to be the true Frontier Brain out of that duo, and I think she simply preferred watching battles than participating in them herself. She was basically a figurehead in that facility and she was the one who decided how much CP to give to each challenger.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  12. Ubermuk

Ubermuk Sticky & Sweet

I was going to pick Argenta but then I saw her artwork and said nope. She looks a lot older there than in her game sprite lol. So I'll pick Palmer because he's Barry's dad.

Leonhart likes this.
  13. Thorton. I liked how I didn't know what to expect.

Leonhart likes this.
  14. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Glad someone else liked him, too. I thought that the fact that his team was unpredictable made him the toughest Frontier Brain of Gen IV, and having a challenging opponent was half of the fun about competing in the Battle Frontier in the first place.

NeganTheSavior likes this.
  15. Strategy guides and YouTube playthroughs are great and all, but sometimes it's better to not know what's coming because that way, it feels more rewarding in the end. That's how I felt with the Battle Factory.