• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite 4th Gen Frontier Brain

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
Which Frontier Brain from the 4th Generation games did you guys like the most? Please explain your choice in detail.

My favorite one was Dahlia since she was the most lively one and I liked that her battle facility involved the roulette because it made the battle more unpredictable and exciting.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Thorton since he was unpredictable with different mons every time.

Leonhart

Imagineer
My favorite Frontier Brain changes often, but right now I'd say that Nejiki (Thorton) is my favorite one. He's the one that I've faced the most times since I've been trying to get his commemorative print in HeartGold version, but he's a challenge each time I've battled him. Despite that, I like his design.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Cat's Eye Draco said:
Dahlia. The Battle Arcade has always been my favorite Frontier facility, and I like her design and cheerful personality.

I liked her design, especially her hair. She was also one of the few people of color in the franchise at that point, so that's a nice bonus. I'll admit that I loathe her battle facility, though. I always seemed to have the worst luck there.

TwilightBlade

Is it bad that I didn't like any of them in particular? They had interesting aesthetics I'll give them that, but I preferred the Hoenn Frontier Brains more. I guess I'll pick Darach just because he looked dapper.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
Is it bad that I didn't like any of them in particular? They had interesting aesthetics I'll give them that, but I preferred the Hoenn Frontier Brains more. I guess I'll pick Darach just because he looked dapper.

I always considered Darach to be like a pseudo-Frontier Brain because I think it was implied that Caitlin was the real Brain and Darach just battled for her.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedBlastoise said:
I always considered Darach to be like a pseudo-Frontier Brain because I think it was implied that Caitlin was the real Brain and Darach just battled for her.

I also considered Cattleya (Caitlin) to be the true Frontier Brain out of that duo, and I think she simply preferred watching battles than participating in them herself. She was basically a figurehead in that facility and she was the one who decided how much CP to give to each challenger.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I was going to pick Argenta but then I saw her artwork and said nope. She looks a lot older there than in her game sprite lol. So I'll pick Palmer because he's Barry's dad.

Leonhart

Imagineer
NeganTheSavior said:
Thorton. I liked how I didn't know what to expect.

Glad someone else liked him, too. I thought that the fact that his team was unpredictable made him the toughest Frontier Brain of Gen IV, and having a challenging opponent was half of the fun about competing in the Battle Frontier in the first place.

NeganTheSavior

Glad someone else liked him, too. I thought that the fact that his team was unpredictable made him the toughest Frontier Brain of Gen IV, and having a challenging opponent was half of the fun about competing in the Battle Frontier in the first place.

Strategy guides and YouTube playthroughs are great and all, but sometimes it's better to not know what's coming because that way, it feels more rewarding in the end. That's how I felt with the Battle Factory.