1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite 4th Generation Starter

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by JuicyPaperclip, Aug 5, 2006.

?

Which is your favourite starter and why?

1. Pochyama (water)

43.6%
  2. Hikozaru (Fire)

24.9%
  3. Naetoru (grass)

31.5%
  1. Hobnobhoipolloi

Hobnobhoipolloi Beginning Trainer

seems to me the fire starter should evolve into an organatang (sp?)

Personally I like all three of the starters, I have always liked the grass starter, but I'm having difficulty picking based off of the base stage.

I will probably trade to get all three and see how each play.

Also depends on what other pokemon of the same type are introduced

2. Penguin

Penguin The Chappy Bunny

I have to go with Pocchama because, well, he is a penguin and you cannot go wrong with that. I am a diehard penguin lover, so once I saw the news of a possible penguin starter, I was overjoyed. Pokemon really needed a new penguin looking monster, seeing as Delibird just didn't cut it for me.

Although I have usually always picked fire in the past, Pocchama has changed all of that for me. I cannot wait to see his evolutions.

3. waterstraterchooser

waterstraterchooser New Member

i also cant wait to see its evolutions since pochama is the coolest!!!

4. Manly Blissey

Manly Blissey Well-Known Member

I'll choose Pocchama.

5. Silverevilchao

Silverevilchao Scythe-Wielding Chao

Naetoru. I have always chosen the Grass starter, and I will not quit now!

6. Manly Blissey

Manly Blissey Well-Known Member

Pocchama probably has cool evo's.

7. Shiny Heracross

Shiny Heracross Well-Known Member

Pocchama. It's new and unique. I mean, it's a penguin!

8. duelistXmist

duelistXmist Johto Champion

ChimChim hands down.:D (chimchim name of lil ape)

9. PetuniaBubbles

PetuniaBubbles Devoted Spriter

I usually choose the fire but I Like the Naetoru and Pocchama, but it also depends on the evolved forms too... So I'm not 100% sure

10. Pamizard

Pamizard Queen of Charizards!

I'm doing the peguin first

11. Ash6K

Ash6K 8D

I like Pocchama! It has great potential as a water type and it's original!

12. Cruxis

Cruxis Banned

For now, its Pochyama. But I need to see the 3rd form of all of them, I thought Torchic sucked but Blaziken turned out to be awesome.

13. Kikas123

Kikas123 What 'bout My Star?

Right now, It's pochyama, because:
    A) I usually pick the wtaer starter
    B) I like Penguins
    C) Although A penguin is a flightless bird, somehow Game Freak will probably get it to fly.

14. Silverevilchao

Silverevilchao Scythe-Wielding Chao

*remembers that Doduo/Dodrio can learn fly (despite being wingless), then bursts into laughter*

15. Kijuna

Kijuna Well-Known Member

Naetle. It might be a bug type, and I already am using Aipom (a monkey) and Buisel (a water type)

16. user name coming soon

user name coming soon Well-Known Member

its called pocchama

17. Dark_Charizard06

Dark_Charizard06 Master of Fire

Hey I vote 4 Hikorazu coz it looks cool and strong

18. Phillyboomerangs

Phillyboomerangs Pinsir>Heracross

its different for me i have to see the final form because that is what ia going to pick. when you look at the hoenn starters the grass looks the strongest. but when you evo them the fire is probly the best one and the grass the worse. so you can't tell yet its still small and who knows they could do the penguin all wrong and make it look bad so you never know

19. TTMP

TTMP Well-Known Member

pochamas evolutions are gonna look awesome. you never noe wat game freak is gonna turn a penguin into lol

20. I_LoV_DiArUgA

I_LoV_DiArUgA Member

I will buy both diamond and pearl, so I will find somemone with a DS and I will trade all the starters to one of the games to have all of them!!!AH AH AH