• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite 4th Generation Starter

Which is your favourite starter and why?

• Total voters

Killer_Flygon

I'll go with the Naetoru on the account of a few things

1. I love all things reptilain
2. It's cute looking
3. a leaf-shooting turtle is quite funny.

Libra

Signature Maker
I pick Pochyama. Naetoru come close second.

Besides, i never use any water starters in the previous installments (sure, i tried them but i never picked them at first nor used it for my main main party) but this one, i will definately use.

dragonmaster_jonathan

Local Dragonmaster
if its evo is real, then naetoru would probably come close to being my favorite... but for now, hikozaru is my favorite starter (i just dont like the sprite)

Sceptile of Stealth

Poison Master
Oh, I will most definately pick Naetoru as my starter. My friend is getting Hikozaru, and I think that Pochama is kinda cute, but it's way too plain. I'm sure it will evolve to a Water/Ice Pokemon. It would really stink if he became Water/Flying. A lot of people would change their minds then. Plus, I always get the Grass Starter. ^^

And the debate on the name of the Grass Starter (Naetoru or Naetle)...I'm sure Naetle will be its English name. It's really weird, like when people mix up "Buizeru" with "Bouysel." We'll just have to see. Either way...I'm nicknaming my Naetoru. His name will be Hiashi. ^_^

Herb Master

Out of the three generation starters, which one do like the best?

Mine is the Water Penguin!

Psydaquil

Psyduck + Cyndaquil
Im pretty sure this will get closed but Water Penguin.

B.Dragon

OMG not another thread on this... You people should really stop asking that. This only will get another closed thread taking forum space.

Kinginsoar

Advanced Spriter
Poochama and Hikozaru are tied for me.

When I first saw the starters, I thought I would just squesse (spelling) Poochama, and Hikozaru was a joke. But when I saw and herad the sprites and cries, I felt different about Hikozaru. They tied me, now.

This will probably be closed, though. -_-

Shock

<--- Teh kewl ghost!
penguin, monkey, turtle. by far.

Rabid_Latias

Got Latias?
None. I dont really like any of them.

The Grass one looks like a mix between Squirtle and Treecko.

The Fire one looks like a monkey form of Charmander.

The Water one looks the most original. The only Pokemon I can think it looks like is Delibird, or whatever its name is, and they dont look a lot a like.

The Fire one is the coolest of the 3, I think. However, I would have liked more original pokemon. Or am I the only one who thinks these look like other pokemon.

Last edited:
This type of thread has been done to death, But anyway, Pocchama is my favorite, it's just so cute ^-^

Elfteiroh

Thunder Leaf
Well, When I first saw them, I totaly loved Naetoru... I dunno why, but I always love the grass starters. Then, when I heard the cries, I fell in love with it even more! It's the first cry I come to like! I must say the cry for the monkey one is pretty cool too. ^^