1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Action Girl?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by shoz999, Aug 8, 2019.

1. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

[​IMG]

As the title says, what's your favorite action girl from Pokemon Adventures... which is pretty much all of them. Think of this as somewhat of a resurrection of the previous thread, just a different name. Chose the name because I thought it was a pretty fitting description of the Pokegirls of Pokemon Adventures. Their all skilled female badasses who are very much capable of battling.

2. horrahforyou

horrahforyou Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life

I'll choose between Y and Sapphire

shoz999 likes this.
  3. mysticalglacia

mysticalglacia Alola Shill

While all the Pokéspe girls are very much active, I’d only really consider Blue, Crystal, Sapphire, and Y “action girls” due to their personality and spontaneousness. With that in mind, I really like both Crystal and Blue.

shoz999 likes this.
  4. arawn

arawn Well-Known Member

I'm in love with Blue forever ❤. Beside her, maybe Y was my second best girl.

jakepikachuu and shoz999 like this.
  5. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

A consistently top popular one I've noticed is the original fem protag of Adventures, Blue (Fem Protag). I was honestly kind of surprised when I saw some polls and a few contests but Blue (Fem Protag) is not only often picked as the most popular female protagonist of Pokemon Adventures but she's also often picked as the most popular Pokedex Holder from what I've seen. I say I'm surprised because I remember when I first visited this fanbase, a lot of you guys appeared to had mixed opinions on Blue.

6. horrahforyou

horrahforyou Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life

If Shield chooses Scorbunny and then matches it's personality
    then she might be another action girl

7. Chicorii

Chicorii New Member

In my opinion one of the best thing about Pokéspe are characters. I love that this manga seems to be more human-based than Pokémon-based.
    Female Pokédex Holders are especially great, I very like all of them (but I'm still before VII gen manga, so I don't know Moon yet) except Yellow. It's not I completely dislike her or something, but she is too cute and too perfect for my taste.

But my favourite from all is definitely Sapphire, she and Ruby are my favourites overall, not only because Franticshipping, I love how opposite characters interact with each other. I also love it in Nodame Cantabile, which is my favourite manga and anime ever. Two main characters Nodame and Chiaki are classical musicians with two totally different approach to the music (and not only), who learn many things from each other. I decided watching this anime for the music (I'm fan of instrumental music, so classical is very attractive to me), but quickly started loving it as the whole.
    What I like in Sapphire the most is that despite she is a wild tomboy, she still has more sensitive side of her personality, she can be even very romantic.

It's not random a day to make this post, since today is Sapphire's birthday (20th September), so happy birthday to her. :D To celebrate it, I finally decided to finish my redrawn of one of my favourites ORAS manga panel with her and Ruby on Rayquaza.

maartjeverhoef and shoz999 like this.
  8. Dicklaycia

Dicklaycia Objectively Better Than You

I have only read up to the HGSS chapter, but I remember loving all of them. If I had to pick a favorite, it would probably be Blue. She’s tough and I loved that she was a con-woman trying to trick people.

Xuxuba and shoz999 like this.
  9. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

Blue cuz she is funny.

shoz999 likes this.
  10. It's really hard to chose one 'cause I loved all of the Pokéspe girls and I don't have a clear favorite like I would have with the boys.

I think I enjoyed Blue, Crystal and Sapphire's characters the most, and if I had to pick one it'd be Blue because her personality was just that great.

11. jakepikachuu

jakepikachuu New Member

I like Sapphire the most since she was just really cool and out of all the other 'action girls' she had the best team in my opinion. Second would be Blue because she's clever.

shoz999 likes this.
  12. Kuzehiko

Kuzehiko Well-Known Member

Sapphire then Platinum.

shoz999 likes this.