• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Alolan forms

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
Generation 7 introduced regional variants of Kanto Pokemon called Alolan forms. What did you think of this concept back when it was new? Which was your favorite Alolan form Pokemon?

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
My favorite alolan forms are Vulpix line and Marowak

Leonhart

Imagineer
I didn't really like the concept of regional variants, although I'll at least say that I preferred Alolan forms over most Galarian forms. My favorite would be the Alolan Rokon (Vulpix) line. Alolan Raichu is decent as well.

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
Alolan Sandshrew is my favourite. I always thought that the normal variety kind of sucked so I was happy to see the Sandshrew evolutionary line get revitalized. :]

I think I liked their type upgrade more than I liked their designs. The opposite applies to Alolan Betbeton (Muk): I prefer its design over its secondary type addition.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Easily Alola Grimer and Muk, they're both fantastic. Not only can they tank a lot of hits but they can also deal a lot of damage as well. Not to mention the added Dark-type means you don't have to worry about Psychic (though losing its resistence to Fighting led to some problems against Hala). Alola Muk with the Poison Touch ability is one of may favourite Pokemon to use in Generation 7, and easily my favourite Alola form. Alola Ninetales is a close second, it's decent and I certainly like it more than the original.

Luthor

I like them all to a certain degree, but my favourite is Alolan Exeggutor. I always wanted an evolution to Exeggutor with a long neck since seeing the artwork with that. But Alolan Exeggutor covers that as well. I like the backstory behind it.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Raichu and the Vulpix/Sandshrew line, and Marowak.
Really I like all of them.... except Dugtrio's line, it is ugly as sin

raichu27

This could've used a poll.

Anyway, I liked Alolan Raichu, Alolan Dugtrio, Alolan Vulpix/Nineatles, Alolan Marowak, and Alolan Grumer/Muk.

Alolan Vulpix, Alolan Ninetales, Alolan Meowth, and Alolan Persian
for me loved them when I first laid eyes on them

design the Alolan Ninetales my top favorites, so awesome looking, does resemble my favorite breed of fox (Arctic Fox) and now it matches the type as well with added favorite of my love of fairies - Ice Fairy love

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I liked most of the Alolan forms, albeit I think I'd have to say my favourites were Muk, Sandslash and Marowak. Design-wise all 3 were upgrades over the originals, with Muk's colouration and Marowak's more spiritual vibe being particularly cool. Whilst I've never actually completed the Alola games, I can say their new typings and capabilities were awesome to see (although Marowak learning Shadow Bone the level before Cubone evolved, really?) and whenever I do get around to playing through these games again, I'm sure I'll pick a couple of Alola forms up to use on a team.

TwilightBlade

Alolan Vulpix, Alolan Ninetales, Alolan Meowth, and Alolan Persian
for me loved them when I first laid eyes on them

design the Alolan Ninetales my top favorites, so awesome looking, does resemble my favorite breed of fox (Arctic Fox) and now it matches the type as well with added favorite of my love of fairies - Ice Fairy love

Alolan Ninetales is one of my favourites too. I didn't like the normal Ninetales that much despite using one in SoulSilver, but the change of type that the Alolan variety received made Ninetales seem cooler to me. :]

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sakuyamon said:
I think Alolan Raichu is the best Alolan variation form and its blue eyes remind me of that surfing Pikachu named Puka from the cartoon.

At one point I did seriously wonder if Game Freak took inspiration from that Pikachu given that Alolan Raichu almost seems to be using its tail as a surfboard.