1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Alolan Variants

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by shoz999, Nov 6, 2018.

1. shoz999

shoz999 Master of Disguise!

So with powercreeping being a constant problem, one of GameFreak's solutions to this is to introduce Alolan Variants. However some people consider this as just another form of powercreeping of older Pokemon as they play more like new Pokemon, some resembling very little of their older Kantonian counterparts playstyle. The anime and Adventures manga have also touched on this, showing a huge difference in terms of personalities between Alolan and Kantonian Pokemon. Regardless, for most fans opinion tends to be either commonly positive or negative based on each Alolan variant rather than as a whole. For example, a popular one is Alolan Meowth who has quite an electrifying personality lol in the anime and currently serves as Sun's strongest battler in the Pokemon Adventures manga. Thanks to the manga and the anime, Alolan Meowth has cemented as one of my personal favorites. So what's your favorite Alolan Variant?

[​IMG]
    Sun's Alolan Meowth, Cent, absolutely pissed for what Guzma's Golisopod did to his coin.

2. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Ninetales, it is incredibly majestic and elegant, has a great Hidden Ability, and its typing is unique. I also really like Sandslash and Marowak, although the only regional variants I actually dislike are Dugtrio, Raticate and Persian.

shoz999 likes this.
  3. Ignition

Ignition Couldn't care less even if I tried

Alola Golem. It's not too badass nor elegant nor "memey". It's the most underrated one but it looks amazing and its signature Ability is fun to mess with