• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite (and Also Least Favorite) Running Gags

Sayho1234

What was your favorite (and also least favorite) running gags that the anime did?

Mine were

Loved:
- The Bewear/Team Rocket gag from S&M
- Team Rocket's sassy rotom phone
- Croagunk pulling Brock away from women
- Jessie's Wobbuffet
- Mispronouncing Butch's name

Hated:
- The gag with Misty's Psyduck
- James' pokemon hugging/hurting him
- Jigglypuff scribbling on people after they've fallen asleep to her song

I'm indifferent to the running gag of Misty pulling Brock's ear.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Favorite: Charizard using flamethrower on Ash.

Least favorite: Bonnie's asking woman to marry Clemont gag and Science is so amazing gag.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Any of Brock's, Jessie and James's and Charizard and Ash's gags were pretty funny. Really liked them.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I loved all the Brock-stopping gags (Misty, Max, and Croagunk) and the popping (from pokeballs) pokemon (Psyduck, Wobbuffet for seasons 3-5).

I really hated Trip and his "boonies" schtick. I was tired after one episode.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I’m not a fan of gags since they get old pretty quickly, but Serena in haunted places imagining if things could get worse was funny (if that counts).

My least favorite was Iris calling Ash a kid, since she couldn’t control much of her team (they weren’t trained properly for much of BW) nor did grow much as a character to warrant her feeling superior to Ash in any way lol. It was only funny when she called Trip a kid because he had one big ego.

James grass pokemon gag and Brock going after every “pretty girl” get’s an honorable mention for annoying too since it was repeated for 100+ episodes!

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Bianca knocking Ash into the nearest body of water. She should consider hockey because she puts everyone to shame

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Good

Bewear - Gave Team Rocket a better gag

Bad

Brock's gags
misty's gags
FirstShow-DP!TeamRocket

k6666

Pikachu Fan
best : Bewear , always creative , unexpected, have good conclusion
Good : Serena Crush , I kinda laugh every time she blush , miete teasing and of course the bait title and preview that related to her crush
Least : the other beside Bonnie Gag
The worst : Bonnie Gag , disrespect clemont as his older brother, and the worst is she never learn even when her gag work , the Arbok thing still disturb me

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
Best:
Piplup and Draco meteor
All Serena gags
TRio breaking the 4th wall

Worst
Post AG Ash gags