• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite and least favorite of Ash’s designs?

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
My personal favorite is his BW outfit, with his DP outfit as a close second. I hope his next outfit is black again and not blue.

My least favorite is his OS design. I know style was a lot different back then but that design is just so darn ugly. Also, I’m not a big fan of his SM design. They drew his torso weird, and I’m not really here for the stripes and capris.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
OS Ash was a classic and his hat was sometimes used as a reference with anything related to Pokemon, not too mention he looks pretty cool wearing unzipped jackets.

Not really fan of his SM design, not because of the artstyle. Same reasons as yours about the clothing choices.

keepitsimple

site of lies
OS, AG and XY designs were my favourites and SM is my least favourite, and yes for me it is because of the art style

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Favourites: AG and XY

Dark Blue themes really suit Ash's attire. I loved his hoodie in AG, and how it was an original design. XY attire seemed great on Ash as it was form fitting and made Ash look sleeker and overall taller. Not to mention the hat was Red's which was a cool touch. Attire aside, XY Ash's artstyle is my favorite as well. They made his Z marks a lot smaller, and overall the artstyle just seemed to make him look a tad older than the others.

Least favorites are BW and obviously SM. I didn't like his BW attire too much since I thought it was pretty baggy. His eyes also looked weird in this series initially but gradually became better. SM is obvious, both due to artstyle and overall attire. Till date, I struggle to get used to Ash's terrible artstyle, and his attire is also a copy paste, and just looks unappealing.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
My favourite designs are AG and XY-
AG because his hat design was just godd and his costumes suited him, XY because well he looked sleek, it looked like a partclothes and it looked good.
I wouldn't call any of his design worse but one thig about SM is he dont wear a gloves which is odd.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Favourites: AG and XY

Dark Blue themes really suit Ash's attire. I loved his hoodie in AG, and how it was an original design. XY attire seemed great on Ash as it was form fitting and made Ash look sleeker and overall taller. Not to mention the hat was Red's which was a cool touch. Attire aside, XY Ash's artstyle is my favorite as well. They made his Z marks a lot smaller, and overall the artstyle just seemed to make him look a tad older than the others.

Least favorites are BW and obviously SM. I didn't like his BW attire too much since I thought it was pretty baggy. His eyes also looked weird in this series initially but gradually became better. SM is obvious, both due to artstyle and overall attire. Till date, I struggle to get used to Ash's terrible artstyle, and his attire is also a copy paste, and just looks unappealing.

Yes, he definitely looked taller. That was my favorite part about his XY design. I wish they would have kept tall Ash. I liked his AG hoodie too.

OS, AG, DP and XY designs were all the best.

That being said I got really bored of Ash's OS design in Johto, same for Misty/Brock's old clothes. I really wish they all changed their clothes in Johto, but back then the writers didn't treat it like a new series. It's honestly disappointing Misty/Brock also went back to their Kanto clothes in SM, rather than being put in their new designs from the Let's Go games. What did Brock even do with his Sinnoh outfit? He wore it in the Cilan special back in 2013.

I completely agree about Brock and Misty’s designs! I hate they took away their new designs and just acted like they never had them. I love Brock’s Sinnoh design and I really wanted to see Misty in her Let’s Go attire in SM.

My favourite designs are AG and XY-
AG because his hat design was just godd and his costumes suited him, XY because well he looked sleek, it looked like a partclothes and it looked good.
I wouldn't call any of his design worse but one thig about SM is he dont wear a gloves which is odd.

Yeah, I feel like his gloves are supposed to be his signature along with him always wearing a hat.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
OS and AG designs because they looked the most original imo.
BW, XY, and SM are my least favorites because of the new eye style he got in BW and XY and his attires seemed to start becoming more and more like a copy of the games attires, which becomes most obvious in XY and SM. Also his hat in XY was a blatant rip off of the male character from FireRed and Leafgreen and it came off as a lazily designed cap to me.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ash's XY design is his best by quite some distance. His looks reflect a very calm, composed, mature, levelheaded, badass person, reflects someone who has competence of a person/Pokemon trainer who has travelled through 6 regions and has that kind of experience and competence. In short he has the admirable looks which fits well for an adventure show protagonist, looking cool and sleek.

DP Ash's design is also really good, but is still a distant second IMO.

Overall if I had to rate Ash's designs, it'd go like: XY > DP > AG > BW > OS >>>>>> SM.

Last edited:

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
In terms of artstyle, my favourite designed Ash is M20 Ash. I generally favour the original artstyle on him (OS, AG, DP) plus giving him the eye colour from BW onwards was the perfect combination. My least favourite designed Ash have to be BW and XY's since I cannot stand his big eyes but at least the latter made his Z marks less noticeable which was a plus imo. His SM's design despite looking really weird and unlikeable to me at the beginning grew up to me but that's just it. So overall: M20 > DP = AG = OS > M21 > SM > XY >= BW

Regarding outfits, I will just say I prefer attires which aren't based on the games' main characters: M21 > AG > OS/M20 > DP > BW > XY > SM

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I think AG is my favorite. IMO it depicts Ash the best.

Denko Sekka

Ash's OS clothes was good minus his hat which looked plain. XY Ash's design was the worst since he looked taller even though he doesn't age.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Least favorite: SM (do I even need to explain why I don't like his face?)
Favorite: Not sure, I like his XY design, but his power of us jacket is great, and I actually quite like his BW cap

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Favourite: DP and XY
Least favourite: AG (don't like the hoodie), BW (the hat is a bit too big), SM (everything about this design irks me).