• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite and least favorite Pokémon movie?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Favorite: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew; Can't be topped, I loved how there was no villain in the movie... nowadays it's always some dickhead trying to control the Pokemon or the legendary is the evil one

Least favorite: M20 - it sucks, Marshadow deserved better -.-
Cross was the only good thing about it

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Favorite: Spell of the Unown.

The best antagonist of any of the movies and a total lack of villains that aren't TRio. Delia in a fairly important role. A bit of backstory with Delia being Oak's former student. The spreading crystallization of the world. The Unown being CGI making them seem off to everything else. Basically being the last movie that feels like it actually fits into the anime, even if they are all supposed to be considered canon (excluding one of the Victini movies because obviously it's not going to happen twice).

Least favorite: Either Jirachi or Keldeo. I don't like either Pokemon in the first place. Jirachi's has Max as the focus so that's already 10 strikes against it. And I was on Kyurem's side from the beginning of the Keldeo movie, though at least Secret Sword didnt end up as an ultra-powerful move that instantly defeated Kyurem. I don't like movie!Shaymin, but I do like the game version (only Land Forme though).

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I haven't seen all of the movies, but among the ones I have seen...

Favorite: Spell of the Unown. In contrast to most of the other movies, where Ash and his friends get involved in the main conflict because they happened to be in the right place at the right time (or the wrong place at the wrong time, depending on how you look at it), Ash's involvement in this movie's conflict was actually personal: His mother was kidnapped by Entei.

Additionally, Molly is probably one of the most interesting villains in a Pokémon movie, because she is not actually that villainous. She is a little girl whose father's disappearance has left her all alone in the world, and she is so lonely that she believes a figment of her imagination is her real father. While her actions caused a lot of problems for everyone else, her actions were somewhat understandable.

Least Favorite: Hoopa and the Clash of Ages. I went into this movie unimpressed with the plot and already having a slightly sour opinion of it due to reviews I had read, but despite that, I tried to keep an open mind. I couldn't make it through the movie.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I havent seen Hoopa onwards yet so it could be one of those but for now;

Favourites: Spell of the Unown, 4ever, Heroes, Mystery of Mew, Rise of Darkrai, Zoroark, Victini.

The Johto movies all have that beautiful Johto aesthetic to them. All the clothing and the animation just feels... tight. All 3 also made me cry the most of any movie so far. Spell of the Unown is my favourite of the 3 but not by much. I loved the bond that formed between Lucario and Ash in Mystery of Mew and that Kidd turned out not to be the villain. Rise of Darkrai was a solid experience throughout, I especially loved the soundtrack. Zoroark had a cool villain and nice visuals... plus I LOVE Zorua. Victini... Victini was cute. Like the only reason I bought it on DVD at the time was because I saw a gif of Victini being adorable. The movie has problems... A lot of problems. But it's kinda a guilty pleasure for me.

Least favourites: Jirachi Wishmaker, Temple of the Sea, Diancie

Jirachi Wishmaker is boring... Just... So boring. It's a movie where nothing happens. and it's super ugly. Just the worst. Temple of the sea is very much the same but with better visuals. What the heck even was the Diancie movie??? Like I love Diancie but that movie sucked. Nothing made sense.

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Favorite: A tie between Spell of the Unown or I Choose You.
Least Favorite: Genesect something, something. Can't even remember the title. I guess Pokemon the Power of One is also up there. I don't know about you but once you take off the nostalgia goggles, holy cow that movie has too many plot holes and mistakes for a Pokemon movie.

Nebbygetinthebag

Favorite: Lucario and The Mistery of Mew, The Power of Us, Spell of the Unown and Zoroark Master of Illusions.
Least Favorite: Hoppa and The Clash of ages, Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction, Mewtwo Strikes Back and Giratina & the Sky Warrior.