• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite and least favorite Pokémon movie?

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Inspired by discord lol.

Favorites:
Spell of the Unknown, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, Pokémon 4ever

Honorable Mention: Pokémon 2000 and Mewtew strikes back for having one of the best scenes in a Pokémon movie

Least Favorites:
Hoopa and the Clash of Ages. Hoopa isn’t worthy of a full movie -_-

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Favorites: Mewtwo Strikes Back and Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
Least favorites: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, Keldeo, Hoopa and the Clash of Ages, and the Volcanion movies

xEryChan

Demon Child
Favorite: Spell of the Unknown, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, The Rise of Darkrai, Arceus and the Jewel of Life
Least Favorite: Kyurem vs the Sword of Justice, Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction, Hoopa and the Clash of Ages

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Favorite: Spell of the Unown

This felt like a full movie that I would have liked to see in a theater. Ash's conflict was personal, Misty and Brock had their moments to shine, and there really was no big bad villain, just a main antagonist.

Honorable Mentions: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, Kyurem vs the Sword of Justice, and Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea

Least Favorite: All the XY Movies

I don't believe the well of ideas has run dry when it comes to main series tie-in films, but these were the movies that made me reconsider that. They were nothing expect a wad of tired cliches. Special mention goes to Hoopa and the Clash of Ages. It didn't stimulate my interest via story, animation, or aesthetic. Even the Middle Eastern setting couldn't save it. They literally based the tower scene off of the Dome of the Rock from Abrahamic theology, yet it felt like the most lifeless thing in the movie, especially when they were forging a new prison bottle.

Ashton Ketchum

Favourite: Mewtwo Strikes Back, The Power of One, Spell of the Unown (first 3 very iconic and verity. First - dark, second - epic adventure with saving the world, and third - more mature and personal story with message), Lucario and the Mystery of Mew (personal adventure with touching story of lonely Pokemon) and Arceus and the Jewel of Life (saving the world across time and space)
Honourable mention: 4Ever (just good movie with interesting final twist), Heroes (beautiful ending of OS age with first important death), Jirachi: Wish Maker, Pokemon Ranger and Temple of the Sea (most adventures movies, with main role for one Ash's companion's. And 9th movie most longest in franchise), Rise of Darkrai, Zoroark: Master of Illusions (movies with most darkest atmospheres), Hoopa and the Clash of Ages (well, this movie just fun), Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel (good movie with beautiful atmosphere of fairy tale) and I Choose You (nostalgic and touching bending of new alternative story)

Least Favourite: Black — Victini and Reshiram/White — Victini and Zekrom and (even - the worst) Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice (they like BW have wasted potential, and just fail. And if 14th movie(s) somehow work, 15th just big fail. Dumb, weak, and for nothing. Plus - without Team Rocket! And this is 15th anniversary movie!)
Honourable mentions: Destiny of Deoxys, Girantina and Sky Warrior, and Diancie and Cocoon of Destruction.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
My favorite is definitely Spell of the Unknown.

They took a different route this movie by having Entei kidnap Delia and it really paid off. Plus, Molly is probably one of the best antagonists I’ve seen in Pokemon. She was so lonely to the point where she actually believed Entei was her father.

Honorable Mentions: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, The Rise of Darkrai, Arceus and the Jewel of Life, Zoroark: Master of Illusions.

Least Favorite: Probably all of the XY movies.

Tbh, the XY series was great but the movies we got are actually not that good, especially Hoopa and the Clash of Ages. The only decent one was Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel and even that one wasn’t that great.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Favorite: All of the OS movies
Least Favorite: All of the XY movies
Honorable Mentions: Movies 8 - 10

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Conceptually, the DP Trilogy would have been a great trilogy, but they had some major pitfalls. Environmental visuals were interesting, especially the Reverse World, but character and fight choreography was awful. For entities that represent concepts like time and space, the warping effects were used rather conservatively in the context of fighting. Really, colorful lasers and orbs being shot at each other was not interesting in the slightest.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
Favorite: Spell of the Unown

Hated: Giratina and the Sky Warrior

And I get the feeling that The Power of Us might end up ranking low due to its JP soundtrack alone. TPCi shouldn't have kept it, Goddamnit.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Favorites: All the Sinnoh movies minus the Zoroark one + the Volcanion movie
Least favorites: Unown and Kyurem movies

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
My most favourite move is and forever will be M09 a.k.a. Manaphy And The Temple Of The Sea. Nothing can really ever top the badass moment of Ash chasing the Phantom via going Super Saiyan mode being empowered by Samiya's crown.

Some more honourable mentions here goes to the DP trilogy on the Creation Trio (a.k.a. M10, M11 and M12), M03 a.k.a. Spell Of The Unown and M13 a.k.a Zoroark: Master Of Illusions.

My least favourite one is M02 a.k.a. The Power Of One. For starters I found Melody as a character pretty annoying and Lawrence III pretty obnoxious attitude wise as villain.

Unpopular Opinion: I can see that the XY movies are widely hated and trashed around here, but I personally thought that they were quite good. The animation and art-style of the XY movies were just something else to be frank.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I haven't seen all of them, but from what I've watched, my favourites are Pokemon Heroes (the ending is sad, but I liked Latias and her crush on Ash), Lucario and the Mystery of Mew and Spell of the Unown (as neither had actual villains).
Least favourite is the Manaphy one. Apart from May and Manaphy bonding, it just wasn't that interesting.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Favorite movies: All of OS’s movies (nostalgia and the second one being my favorite of all time) + Zoroark: Master of Illusions (has my favorite Pokémon movie villain) + Kyurem & the Sword of Justice (liked how everyone got to do something and how Keldeo learned to accept that he wasn’t strong enough to beat Kyurem).

Least favorite: All of the XY movies.

Diancie’s movie went too quick with lame and forgettable antagonists (that ninja especially). Hoopa and the Clash of Ages was just a bad legendary Pokémon marketing ploy with an awful DEM ending while butchering Reshiram and Zekrom. There was just no charm to it and remains my least favorite to this day. Finally, Volcanion’s movie wasn’t atrocious like these two imo but it felt stale and cliche in some parts like Volcanion hating humans. I did like Magearna though.

Honorable mention: The Victini movies. Just felt boring until the near end imo.

Apslup

Feelin' Fine.
Favorite: Entei: Spell of the Unown. I swear Molly was such a good character but no one talks about her! Also the music and animation were great (especially during the Misty vs Molly Battle). Honorable Mentions go to the Power of One & Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.

Least Favorite: The XY Movies and the Genesect Movie. The Genesect movie was just awful and the XY movies just felt like boring extended anime episodes.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Favourite: Probably the Lugia movie, the Power of One. It looks awesome, has that gorgeous Lugia music, and features one of my favourite legendary pokémon.

Least favourite: Jirachi Wish Maker. I don't care much about Jirachi, the story was meh, and to make matters worse this is part of the series of movies that were dubbed by a different studio in Dutch, meaning that literally the entire cast was different from the anime series. Different Ash, different Brock, different Max, different May, different Team Rocket...

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Favorite: Entei: Spell of the Unown. I swear Molly was such a good character but no one talks about her! Also the music and animation were great (especially during the Misty vs Molly Battle). Honorable Mentions go to the Power of One & Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.

Least Favorite: The XY Movies and the Genesect Movie. The Genesect movie was just awful and the XY movies just felt like boring extended anime episodes.

I agree with your statement about Molly, she's honestly my favorite movie character of all time. I can't see them ever making another Pokemon movie that will top Spell of the Unknown.