• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite and worse Manga

pokemaster95

King of pirates
Title says it all Type the reasons Why you like it one manga and the type the reason you hate the other then compare it.

One piece is my favorite because all the battles that the crew does and all the character that get developed.

Hikaru no Go i dont like very much because it is just about bored games and all that.

One piece has better japanese rating than hikaru no go has and plus more popular.

Shindou-kun

Lunar Dancer
It's a wonder why no one posted. Some people actually like GO and Hikaru no GO. GO is the 2nd most played game in the world next to Chess in board games. And next time, learn to spell BOARD.

Anzua2

He may have had an unpopular opinion, but that isn't any reason to be condescending.

Actually, you use that condescending tone way too often in your posts. Seriously, ease up a little. No need to look down on anyone you don't agree with.

Favorite Manga: One Piece. Very original and interesting art style. The plot, as well, isn't your typical Shonen affair.

Least Favorite Manga: Megaman NT Warrior. Do I have to explain?

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
Favorite: One Piece. It's one of the best manga series I've read(mind you, I've not read many), and was the only reason I was buying Shonen Jump each month. The ungodly length of the series isn't very appealing though.

Least Favorite: Kingdom Hearts - It's a piece of **** with crappy pacing and overall a horrible adaptation of the game on which it's based. Its only saving grace is the artwork and even that's not very good.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Least Favorite: Kingdom Hearts - It's a piece of **** with crappy pacing and overall a horrible adaptation of the game on which it's based. Its only saving grace is the artwork and even that's not very good.

^ I agree. Also that the storyline feels bit too rushed there. Which is why I've never bought vol.2 and so on since.

Fave Manga: I'd have to say it's Negima!: Magister Negi Magi. That's because of the storyline, despise its few bad translations, that got me hooked into it.

AlphaNoodle

My favorite manga now is either Claymore because of its artwork, storyline, and action; or Negima!: Magister Negi Magi because its funny and fresh.

The worst manga i think I've read is Kingdom Hearts, same reasons which AegisX described, though i do love the video games of it.

Luvs to Destroy

Collector/Breeder
Favorite: Death Note, because you always feel smart after reading it and its a huge rush when Light manages something amazing.
Least Favorite: I'd have to say anything relating to gundam. Yeah sure whoopy giant robots, and... thats all there is to it.

Mysty

Favorite: Currently my fave is Uzumaki. It scared the beejeezus outta me at first but then the spiral sorta sucked me in and I really enjoy it. That and Shuichi is the most bish-tastic bishie of them all!

Least Favorite: The last manga I read and disliked...I can't really remember...

MimeJr.94

The Best And Worst Manga! ! !

My favorite manga would have to be Serenity. (It's a christian book series) And the worst manga that I've ever read would have to be One Peice! Sorry One Peice fans!

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
My favorite manga would have to be Serenity. (It's a christian book series) And the worst manga that I've ever read would have to be One Peice! Sorry One Peice fans!

*loads his revolver*Mind explaining before you die?

Oh and Serenity? It's not manga if it's American made. for god's sake get in your heads people.

Last edited:

Limp_Ninja

The Archangel
Favorite: One Piece. Yep, very original, good plot, and very cool and unique characters to top it all off. Although, it's irrelevenant to the topic, I personally think the anime is very good also.

Least Favorite: Yu-gi-oh. I don't know... The manga was never as appealing to me as the Anime, even though I'm not a big fan of it anyways.

pokemaster95

King of pirates
I must confess I read hikaru no go and i like it and it nice to see alot of one piece fans.

Paradise Sky

Muahaha.
Fave: Tough choice. Between Fruits Basket and FullMetal Alchemist but leaning on FMA. Furuba could be better because I just hate Tohru, she's too dang friendly.

Least Fave: Tough choice as well. Between TMM A la Mode and and Land of the Blindfolded.

+Rhapsody+

DELETE DELETE
Luvs to Destroy said:
Favorite: Death Note, because you always feel smart after reading it and its a huge rush when Light manages something amazing.

LOL i red deeth note i r smartz!

The manga is just wordy. Especially after the first part, the plot drags on and on to the point where you have go back and reread everything prior to even follow it. I wouldn't say it's necessarily a good trait in this case; but I suppose it has merit once you actually understand what's going on.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
@Rhap: You need to replace those sliding SAKUJO! strikes that Mikami is delivering with his SAKUJO! orgasms that we saw in episode thirty-six.

Anyway, my favorite manga would be Nijigahara Holograph by Inio Asano. A complex and surreal plot that wouldn't be out of place in a David Lynch of Terry Gilliam film, intricate characters where you come to know how and why a characters acts the way they do without having to be told (something that annoys me with most manga and anime), utterly beautiful art (Asano's integrations of photographs is unlike anything else attempted my other manga-ka), and overall just a really touching look on human nature. There is nothing like it in manga, and it is one of the best comics created ever, as far as I'm concerned.

My most hated manga? It'd either be Tough or Legendz. Both pander to their core audience (beefy, chunky guys who just want to fight and bratty little pre-teens wielding virtual monsters, respectively) without having any real merits.

Rave

Banned
yes! some one else who does not like death note
favorite um Yotsuba&! its just a nice simple manga

Um.. no... someone else who hasn't even given the series a chance.

Anyway...

I'll be honest... but I have a bit of a tie for the most favorite.

I'm practically stuck between either One Piece or Death Note. Its a really hard decision... but I cannot really make it just yet. Both have some really good plots and storylines.

As for the most hated....
First thing that comes to mind would have to be Naruto. Mostly because its a manga series that is completely overrated that doesn't deserve to get any recognition in the first place. So yeah...

E-Hero Winged Kuriboh

Um.. no... someone else who hasn't even given the series a chance.

Anyway...

I'll be honest... but I have a bit of a tie for the most favorite.

I'm practically stuck between either One Piece or Death Note. Its a really hard decision... but I cannot really make it just yet. Both have some really good plots and storylines.

As for the most hated....
First thing that comes to mind would have to be Naruto. Mostly because its a manga series that is completely overrated that doesn't deserve to get any recognition in the first place. So yeah...
Same could be said to you, lol.

Anyway...
Favourite: Probably Yu-Gi-Oh!, it has one of the most interesting plots of any manga I've read and I alos like the characters and card game. It all fits together pretty well, for me.

Least Favourite: I havn't really ever read a manga that I REALLY didn't like, if it was anime it would be a different story.I ahve read manga I find boring though, Gravitation comes to mind.

Wild Cherry

Magma Commander
^ I agree. Also that the storyline feels bit too rushed there. Which is why I've never bought vol.2 and so on since.

Fave Manga: I'd have to say it's Negima!: Magister Negi Magi. That's because of the storyline, despise its few bad translations, that got me hooked into it.

Kindred spirits here bud'.

Same likes and dislikes.

Only I can't decide between Negima! or One Piece, both are quite good.