• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Anime Exclusive Additions/Changes?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Despite being an advertisement for them, the anime is infamous for adding, omitting, and changing aspects of their source material from the games. This includes characters, locations, Pokémon forms, plot points, and more. What are some of your favorites? Anything that isn’t a 1:1 to what the games offer is fine even if it’s based on an in game aspect. For example how Team Flare & Skull are intergrated differently from their in game portrayals despite having the same goals and motivations.

RafaSceptile

All series: Pokémon League Conferences

OS: The Whirl Cup, wish it was stablished as Misty's goal
AG: The adaptation of the Battle Frontier
DP: Paul as a rival, not as a character
BW: Operation Tempest
XY: The adaptation of the Team Flare arc minus Ash-Greninja
SM: The adaptation of Lusamine's character and Guzma's story
JN: Goh, he at least has a better friend-chemistry with Ash than previous companions

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I love how the anime shaped how Wobbuffet is in the games. When they first had it in GSC it was exclusively found in a cave and was said to be shy and ashamed of its tail. Now because of how Wobbuffet has been with Team Rocket, its pokedex entry is much more upbeat and it looks so much more jolly in the games. Definitely Team Rocket's Wobbuffet had an influence. :)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I love how the anime shaped how Wobbuffet is in the games. When they first had it in GSC it was exclusively found in a cave and was said to be shy and ashamed of its tail. Now because of how Wobbuffet has been with Team Rocket, its pokedex entry is much more upbeat and it looks so much more jolly in the games. Definitely Team Rocket's Wobbuffet had an influence. :)
I also generally like how the anime how the anime can impact other parts of the franchise like how in just HGSS, Red has Pikachu’s moveset during DP, his Espeon is replaced for Lapras, and there’s an Easter Egg for Togepi inside of Cerulean City’s Gym

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I really love all the different pokemon profession and competition they have in the anime, like all the different kind of pokemon races. It makes the world feel livelier and make the pokemon and trainers less like battle bots. While in the game it felt like battling is the only thing that matters, since nearly everyone wants to fight you.

Though ironically contests are the exception, since it actually has the opposite effect in the anime where it becomes about battling again.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I also generally like how the anime how the anime can impact other parts of the franchise like how in just HGSS, Red has Pikachu’s moveset during DP, his Espeon is replaced for Lapras, and there’s an Easter Egg for Togepi inside of Cerulean City’s Gym
Wait what was the togepi Easter egg

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Contests in AG and DP.
They were great. Too bad they didn't last much time. I agree with people saying Battle Frontier. I also loved the Club Battles in BW. They were a good addition to help Iris develop her goal. The Pokemon summer school in DP was great as well, that's how a true Pokemom school should be done unlike in SM.
Also SM's idea to build up a regional league from zero was great but they executed it terribly and Journeys' WCS is a fantastic addition but I don't think E4 and regional champions should be allowed to participate on it as it destroys the already established>gym quest>Pokemon league>E4 and Champion league. It could have been executed so much better.