• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Anime Movies/OVA Series

ParaChomp

be your own guru
OVA is definitely Karas, Movie is Definitely Lagann-Hen (as in, TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN!)
OMG! Someone likes Karas too? Did you find out about it through Tatsunoko vs Capcom?

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
the lack of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time in this thread saddens me.

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
My favorite OVA? Well, I particularly liked Heya! The Return of Son Goku and Friends!, but I am a big DB fan to begin with. I guess I'd put FLCL, outside DB terms.

Movie, I'm going with Akira for a stand-alone, and for one based on a series, FMA: Conquerors of Shamballa. And, outside of shonen/action bits, I really loved Grave of the Fireflies, as depressing as it was.

Glaucous

The Sunken Gladitor
Anything Hayao Miyazaki. Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Ponyo, KiKi's Delivery Service! I love them all. Especially Howl's Moving Castle.

Also X/1999 is an all time favorite.

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
Anything Hayao Miyazaki. Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Ponyo, KiKi's Delivery Service! I love them all. Especially Howl's Moving Castle..

Also, these (not Ponyo so much), especially Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away and Porco Rosso.

LegitBreeder

Master Breeder
Same as Glaucous :D except I prefer spirited away to Howls moving castle :D I named my Milotic Haku lol ^.^

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
OMG! Someone likes Karas too? Did you find out about it through Tatsunoko vs Capcom?

Yes, Yes I did. Him and Viewtiful Joe ftw.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
^ I remember Viewtiful Joe. It was... weird.

I haven't seen many OVAs, and if I did, I can't remember the titles.

As for anime movies, Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli hands down. And I liked the Escaflowne movie, it was what introduced me to the series.

I hear Steamboy is really good. We have the movie, but I never sat down to watch all of it. Been meaning to.

My favorite OVA series are: Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen, Hellsing Ultimate, Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn, Aria the OVA: Arietta and Detroit Metal City.

Last edited:

4de_92

OVAS: gundam unicorn,gundam war on the pocket,gundam 0083,8thMS,Ultimate hellsing
movies: akira,char's counterattack,graves of the fireflies,castle in the sky,my neighbour totoro,