• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Anime Movies/OVA Series

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Do we have one of these threads? Meh...anyway.

As for my favorite movie it's a tie between Grave of the Fireflies and Rurouni Kenshin: Ishinshishi e no Requiem.

Hamtaro Movie 3: Ham Ham Grand Prix Aurora Tani no Kiseki Ribon-chan Kikiippatsu gets a runner up.

As for OVA, Mnemosyne: Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi, lots of WIN right here.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Karas was an outstanding OVA series. Sadly, that's all I've watched in terms of movies and OVAs that aren't related to another show.

Mimori Kiryu

FLCL is easily one of my favorite OVAs. As for my favorite anime movie, that award goes to the Saiyuki Requiem movie. It is a brilliant cinematic adventure.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Huge fan of Mugiwara Theatre. Not sure if those count as OVAs

As for movies, Digimon the Movie still remains at the top for me. Revenge of Diaboramon was pretty awesome too.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't have a favorite OVA, but I have a couple of favorite anime movies. I really enjoyed most of the earlier Digimon movies. Our War Game was intense, even if it only included about half of the original DigiDestined. Hurricane Touchdown was great too, since it helped clear up some of the events from the previous film and provided an interesting 'conclusion'. Revenge of Diaboromon was also an amazing film. I waited forever for it to be dubbed, but I enjoyed it once it was shown on TV. I didn't watch One Piece - Strong World until recently, but I think it may be my favorite One Piece film to date.

Penguinist Trainer

oh my god, grave of the fireflies has to be the most depressing anime movie i have ever seen. not saying it was bad, it was a great movie, but man was it a downer.

for my favorite movies, i'd have to say ninja scroll, perfect blue, and paprika.

Miaquamarine

Well if FLCL counts as an OVA series, I love it. Love it, love it. c:

And if you're talking about "anime movies" as in just Japanese animated films, I would say pretty much any Hayao Miyazaki films for sure. Many of his movies help make up my childhood; like My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away, Princess Monoke, Naasica of the Valley of Wind, Howl's Moving Castle... Yeah. Love his stuff. :D

Then there's one that I just HAVE to mention, a movie I watched a little while back. It's called Summer Wars, and it's actually getting dubbed by FUNimation, too. I highly recommend it - The characters are likeable and the pace the movie goes at is well-done~ When I watched it, it definitely reminded me if Miyazaki's films.. Super nostalgic. :)

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
Hellsing Ultimate for me. That show is MUCH more better than the original anime. 8D

Medea

Excalibur
Hmm...I don't have a favorite anime movie. Oh wait, I am a sucker for the second InuYasha movie. Okay, fine I'll admit that.

As for OVA...well then. Overall, it would have to be Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki 1 & 2. The originals of the whole shebang. It's what got me onto the anime in the first place. And I'm keeping it at 1 & 2. The third one depressed me in more ways than one.

After the Tenchi Muyo OVA's, I'm picking Mnemosyne.

LegitBreeder

Master Breeder
Hellsing ultimate. Without hesitation or question...

incorporeal05

My favorite OVAs have to be Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn, with the Genshiken and Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team OVAs following closely thereafter.

My favorite anime movie is Ghost in the Shell, with Appleseed (the cell-shaded one, not the original 1980s version) coming next in line.

I've got a thing for technology and real robots, if you couldn't tell, haha.

The Head Honchkrow

My favourite anime film has got to be, hands down, Castle of Cagliostro.
Great characters, awesome soundtrack and astounding animation for it's time.

~The Head Honchkrow~

Lucas.G

Veteran Member
DragonBallZ and Digimon

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
OVA is definitely Karas, Movie is Definitely Lagann-Hen (as in, TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN!)