• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Anime Opening and Endings.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Like the title suggests talk about your favorite op and ed in all the animes you have watched. I'm surprised no one has made this thread yet lol.

One of my most favorite openings ever.

Sorry for the bad quality couldn't find a better one.

I miss the days where dubs would have accurate English songs of the original op and eds like Yu Yu Hakusho.

Last edited:

TheotherLati

Ace Trainer Brendan
The announcers dialogue in the beginning of each movie. And Pikachu's short from Mewtwo Strikes Back.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Any OP with a song by FLOW is just awesome.
Sign
World End
Days
Hey!!

Both Nichijou OPs are amazing too, the OP for Higurashi was nice, both of Durarara!!'s OPs were great as well, Clannad too, Angel Beats is another one with a nice OP, I liked both Haruhi OPs as well, Mirai Nikki, Guilty Crown, and Boku wa Tomodachi are recent ones that cometo mind, and of course it wouldn't be a thread about OPs without mentioning Lucky Star. There are others that I can't think of off he top of my head.

As for EDs I generally skip them straight to the preview of the next episode.

Last edited:
Any OP with a song by FLOW is just awesome.

Both Nichijou OPs are amazing too, the OP for Higurashi was nice, both of Durarara!!'s OPs were great as well, Clannad too, Angel Beats is another one with a nice OP, I liked both Haruhi OPs as well, Mirai Nikki, Guilty Crown, and Boku wa Tomodachi are recent ones that cometo mind, and of course it wouldn't be a thread about OPs without mentioning Lucky Star. There are others that I can't think of off he top of my head.

As for EDs I generally skip them straight to the preview of the next episode.

I agree with the bolded. I haven't watched the others, so I wouldn't know.

I'd also like to add Shakugan no Shana's first OP.

Zazie

So 1991
Favorite openings:
Sayonara Zetsubuo Sensei 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM8ODecbuhA
Bubble Gum Crisis OVA 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1xYc7jmz84

Favorite Endings:
Bubblegum Crisis OVA 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0xHKBU5C64&feature=related
Outlaw Star Ending 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYh-dCFb4Sg

And of course the 4kids opening for One Piece, hilarious and an improvement over the terrible Japanese opening.

Probably more openings and endings as well but that's all of the top of my head.

I also like the first opening for Tokyo Majin, partially because it is already really dated sounding (it's so 2006): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQhxoooijuY

Last edited:

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Favorite openings:
Sayonara Zetsubuo Sensei 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM8ODecbuhA
Bubble Gum Crisis OVA 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1xYc7jmz84

Favorite Endings:
Bubblegum Crisis OVA 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0xHKBU5C64&feature=related
Outlaw Star Ending 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYh-dCFb4Sg

And of course the 4kids opening for 1 piece, hilarious and an improvement over the terrible Japanese opening.

Probably more openings and endings as well but that's all of the top of my head.

I also like the first opening for Tokyo Majin, partially because it is already really dated sounding (it's so 2006): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQhxoooijuY

I sincerely hope you are joking about the part I bolded. Well One Piece did have a few horrible openings but the 4 kids rap is pretty bad.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Okay, of course I'm going to start with...
Gurren Lagann OP ED1, ED2
All three of these songs fit the series just perfectly. I can't actually find much else to say about them, just look at how damn great they are.

Slayers NEXT
Okay, I just really fuggin love this song. Great build-up, more build-up... and then BAM. WE'RE GOING ON AN ADVENTURE! The opening animation is also well put together, with some foreshadowing but nothing too obvious.

Mawaru Penguindrum OP1
This one definitely blew me away when I first say it. All the visuals and lyrics fit into the whole "train station" and "destiny" themes that the show has going on. The soft voice and the magnificent orchestra go together so well it's a crime. I wish they kept this as the opening for the whole series. Also, y'know how I mentioned how the Slayers intro has a bit of foreshadowing? Penguindrum masters it. There's foreshadowing EVERYWHERE in this opening.
(unfortunately the opening isn't on YouTube)

KIMI DAKE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Soul Eater OP1
DAT RIFF. DAT BEAT. God DAMN is this opening good.
This was the first thing I ever saw of Soul Eater. Next thing I knew I was watching the whole series and loving it.

Cowboy Bebop
Just because I want to be the first one the mention it lol
This one's pretty much universally loved. Like cake. Show it to a non-anime watcher and they'll probably find some liking to it. Same with
Baccano!

Steins;Gate
Another case of I JUST REALLY LOVE THIS DAMN SONG. As much as I love this show so it fits. ;P

Neon Genesis Evangelion
To me this song rocks. It's a shame it doesn't match the rest of the anime. I've said this before this opening is in a nutshell "AW YEAH ACTION! GIANT MECHS! SHADY ORGANIZATIONS! YOUNG BOY WILL BECOME A LEGEND!" and the show then says "LETS ALL GET DEPRESSED!" So the exciting opening was one of my favourite parts of the show.

Nichijou OP1 OP2
Hyadain <3

BLEACH! OP1
This is back when Bleach had to make something that stood out, when they had to make something stylish and eye-catching for an opening. Unlike now where it's "lol it's bleach and you're already watching it" This is what got me interested in Bleach. What got me to watch the show when I was a bit younger.
OP193759836589365WHATEVER
I really like the style they went with for how the characters looked. Maybe I just like SID. They have a thing for doing really awesome "OMG THIS IS ALL FINALLY COMING TO AN END" songs. Which is also the case in...

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - OP5
WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALL THESE EMOTIONS
Seriously, it didn't even rain in the ending, then why is this so amazing?
I also love OP1 Again.

Dantalian no Shoka
Okay, maybe fighting a giant rock monster didn't go too well, but everything else fits awesomely.

Ben-To
IN STARK CONTRAST TO THE LAST ONE this opening is actually... done really well. The action matches the beat going on perfectly and the whole song reminds me of the 90s feel that Slayers NEXT's opening had.

Gantz

Don't watch this anime. The ending sucks.
That said, this song matches the series feel SO DAMN WELL. More than most other songs on this list match their respective anime. After going through the manga I can imagine if they kept the anime going for 200+ episodes. But I CAN'T imagine anything else being the opening every time but this.

Persona 4

IT'S BREATHTAKIIINNNNNG MOMENTS IN RIIIIIIFE.
ADDICTED TO MY RICE CRAVING! MORE AND MORE!

I love you.

I'm going to do my favourite endings later.

Janovy

Banned
Gah, there are so many. ._.

- ED and OP theme of Guilty Crown.
- ED theme of Mirai Nikki.
- ED themes "Listen!" and "No, thank you!" for K-ON season 2! :D
- OP and ED theme of Steins;Gate.
- Mawaru Penguindrum OP2.
- OP and ED theme of Madoka Magica.

I'm sorry, these are all I can think off now. xD

Vernikova

Champion
"My Soul, Your Beats" by Lia from Angel Beats!. I've never watched the show, and I never will, but I find the opening to be enjoyable. The rock version sucks though.

I don't have a favorite ending anymore. I have yet to find one that I enjoy.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Okay, of course I'm going to start with...
Gurren Lagann OP ED1, ED2
All three of these songs fit the series just perfectly. I can't actually find much else to say about them, just look at how damn great they are.
I believed in the you that believed in me that would post these songs. They suit Gurren Lagann perfectly, it's an anime by anime fans who are telling the viewers of their work what they love about anime. What better way to create these works by chilling out and having some upbeat fun.

BLEACH! OP1
This is back when Bleach had to make something that stood out, when they had to make something stylish and eye-catching for an opening. Unlike now where it's "lol it's bleach and you're already watching it" This is what got me interested in Bleach. What got me to watch the show when I was a bit younger.
OP193759836589365WHATEVER
I really like the style they went with for how the characters looked. Maybe I just like SID. They have a thing for doing really awesome "OMG THIS IS ALL FINALLY COMING TO AN END" songs. Which is also the case in...
Agreed, so catchy and totally unique...unlike the piece of shit it's promoting.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - OP5
WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALL THESE EMOTIONS
Seriously, it didn't even rain in the ending, then why is this so amazing?
I also love OP1 Again.
It's funny because Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood was mentioned again.

What? Don't we all have a little insane demon inside of us?

Last edited:

Zazie

So 1991
I sincerely hope you are joking about the part I bolded. Well One Piece did have a few horrible openings but the 4 kids rap is pretty bad.

Depends on what you mean by joking. The 4kids theme is so bad its good. The Japanese one, (at least the 1st one which I have heard) is bad because its bland and boring.

Last edited:

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
I could talk for ages about the anime songs that I like, but I very often find myself just listening to the music and not caring about the visuals in an opening. An opening that did make me care about the visuals as well as the music was Gosick's opening.

As for endings, the best one I've seen is The Tatami Galaxy's ending by a country mile. Visuals and music are both great, again.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Last edited: