• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Ash Design?

Favorite Design for Ash?

• Total voters

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
Why was Ash wearing a hoodie in AG? Wasn't Hoenn supposed to be a hotter/swampier region?

Pokeshipper_

His XY self felt like a continuation of OS-DP Ash and a way of correcting what happened in BW,his XY outfit is arguably his coolest,it definitely made him look the oldest.
Maybe, but yet Ash during XY felt like a robot and I was sometimes disgusted by him, so by his fan-service design

Edit: people voting for SM design are not serious, otherwise they have serious issues

Last edited:

Pokeshipper_

His character slowly started getting stale after the OS series,it was noticeable in DP.He was better off legitimately aging and becoming a teenager.
But this never happened and I'm fine with this. But, since he was reformatted during BW, that strange transformation during XY saga wasn't explicable, if not thinking about the new shonens that were really popular in 2013-2016. Yet, XYZ felt like the less Pokémon serie among the others. They tried to immerge Ash in the lake of mediocre shonen heroes and they understood it hardly failed then, since Ash wasn't/isn't/won't never be a shonen hero. The fact Ash is different in his own (design, character, spirit) and different from other shonen protagonists make him THE Ash we learnt to know and to love.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
But this never happened and I'm fine with this. But, since he was reformatted during BW, that strange transformation during XY saga wasn't explicable, if not thinking about the new shonens that were really popular in 2013-2016. Yet, XYZ felt like the less Pokémon serie among the others. They tried to immerge Ash in the lake of mediocre shonen heroes and they understood it hardly failed then, since Ash wasn't/isn't/won't never be a shonen hero. The fact Ash is different in his own (design, character, spirit) and different from other shonen protagonists make him THE Ash we learnt to know and to love.
I have him ranked C tier for a protagonist

however SM/JN Ash doesn't even feel like OS-DP Ash at all, he's just a soulless character who doesn't even think anything outside of battles. People say XY Ash was like a robot, but SM Ash felt like a hyperactive cartoon.

Pokeshipper_

however SM/JN Ash doesn't even feel like OS-DP Ash at all, he's just a soulless character who doesn't even think anything outside of battles. People say XY Ash was like a robot, but SM Ash felt like a hyperactive cartoon.
True and is it a bad thing? I think yes, but it's funny the way writers didn't understand how to really handle Ash after DP. So many different animators, storyboarders etc. tried to contribuite to his character and giving him something of their own creativity and this created an unstable character changing every series. Is it a bad thing? Yes and no at all, because I yet think everyone can appreciate a different shade of Ash loving yet Ash throught the series like a whole.
Besides of this, I think working on a character for more than 1000 episodes and yet doing people following Ash adventures, his different styles and designs and different companions or his different shades is a big win and also If you can destroy a part of him, you're loving him for his other shades.

Last edited:
True and is it a bad thing? I think yes, but it's funny the way writers didn't understand how to really handle Ash after DP. So many different animators, storyboarders etc. tried to contribuite to his character and giving him something of their own creativity and this created an unstable character changing every series. Is it a bad thing? Yes and no at all, because I yet think everyone can appreciate a different shade of Ash loving yet Ash throught the series like a whole.
Besides of this, I think working on a character for more than 1000 episodes and yet doing people following Ash adventures, his different styles and designs and different companions or his different shades is a big win and also If you can destroy a part of him, you're loving him for his other shades.
Anyway DP Ash was Peak!!!