• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Ash Design?

Favorite Design for Ash?

• Total voters

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
DP and XY are the only two I actually like.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I wonder if the designers ever found out the detail his Journeys white shirt looks like the pajamas from XY lol

Ryker101

XY is his cleanest one, especially stands out due to the art style of the series. They did a great job with integrating Calem’s clothes with Ash’s design. The blue/gray+red cap combo looks polished and consistent (some of his other outfits were all over the place with colours). My only gripe with it is that he’s supposed to be wearing a ‘jacket’ but it’s got short sleeves (a little counter-intuitive lol). Or it could be a collared shirt, but sometimes they show a zipper on it (like in the XYZ opening).

His I choose you and even Journeys outfits are honourable mentions for me too.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Not sure anything will top XY Ash's design.
It is pretty damn epic but my main problem is that Ash looks like a teen there, not 10 year old. I want Ash to age up but since he's 10 that design doesn't work.
If not counting the movies, I think BW Ash was perfect in terms of design
Otherwise it's definitely ICY Ash, he looks so clean there

It is pretty damn epic but my main problem is that Ash looks like a teen there, not 10 year old. I want Ash to age up but since he's 10 that design doesn't work.
Not a particularly relevant criticism for me at least, especially since the things you seem to have problems with were things I appreciated about the design. One of the reasons the design specifically works is because of how it perfectly reflects Ash's character in XY/XYZ.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Not a particularly relevant criticism for me at least, especially since the things you seem to have problems with were things I appreciated about the design.
I appreciated those things too, I liked seeing an older version of Ash atleast design wise. It's just considering the fact he's supposed to be 10, I don't think it fits him as well as BW or ICY does

I appreciated those things too, I liked seeing an older version of Ash atleast design wise. It's just considering the fact he's supposed to be 10, I don't think it fits him as well as BW or ICY does
I think Ash's design in XY/XYZ fits him perfectly well insofar he was characterized in XY/XYZ. It's probably the most distinctive besides the SM design in what it conveys to the viewer.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
I find AG and BW design is my favorite, unpopular opinion ,ash design on XY is kinda bland is to much like red but on different colorations! Like Calem and red clothes combine together

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
His OS to DP design is the best because it doesn't look like he's on acid like he has since BW
I prefer his AG design the best though followed by his OS design.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I think that's part of the appeal. The possiblity of what an older Satoshi would look like if he's allowed to age. I remember that when they aged Red from Adventures, making him lanker with his FRLG clothes really emphasizing on that form, I asked myself what would Ash look like if he was given the same treatment (as in physically aging like Red) and then I saw the XY design which seemed tailor-made to answer it.

Incidentally, any time that Ash bears resemblances to Red's design is always a great design; it highlights Ash's connection to Red while still doing its own take at the same time. Of course, much of it has to do with the fact that Ash still remains faithful to the original design of Red (jet-black hair and smirk that screams Shonen protagonist) while Red himself has been veering towards the generic, brown-haired stoic. Heck, I was glad that Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee went back to the original design of Red cause he looks awesome in that game. And I do like the fact that when Journeys came around, they rectify a misconception with Red they unwittingly created in the original design for Ash.

Red didn't wore a jacket in Gen I. He wore a red vest and the white sleeves were actually part of his shirt. And guess what Journeys Ash was wearing? A blue vest with a white shirt underneath.

Last edited:

PokemonBattleFanatic-

DP,XY, and AG are the best designs but my favorite out of the 3 is AG because Ash looked the coolest in that outfit while the other 2 he looked the most mature.The other designs either made him look like a novice or way younger than he actually was.

Original Series/Kanto-Orange Islands
10 years old

Original Series/Johto
11 years old

Advanced Generation/Hoenn
12 years old

Advanced Generation/Battle Frontier
12 years old

Diamond & Pearl
13 years old

Best Wishes
Alternate Universe
Age Unknown

XY
14 years old

Sun & Moon
Alternate Universe
Age Unknown

Journeys
Alternate Universe
Age Unknown

Last edited:

vondecayle

OS, but I did like his jacket from Unova.