• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Ash-Free Animation?

Well?

• Origins

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Generations

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Twilight Wings

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • The Mega-Evolution Specials

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • The HoSo Specials/Chronicles

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • The Legend of Thunder Movie

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Promo-Shorts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mystery Dungeon Specials & Short

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Evolutions

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Twilight Wings definitely. Origins and Generations were disappointing

Shuriken Throw

Twilight Wings. I thought Origins was rushed and skipped too many battles. It should of at least shown the Elite 4 battles.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Generation, easily. It showed more than one region, for one thing. Twilight Wings does cut a fairly close second, and Origins is at the bottom since it's quite boring. Also, Twilight Wings is technically not Ash-free.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Chronicles because it focuses on past characters from the main anime and doesn't have Ash in it. And all the specials are normal 20+ minute episode lengths and not just 5 minute shorts.

Flashyspark

I know it's late (didn't think of this thread at the time), but bumping in honor of the GOTCHA music video.

That music video felt like a bad acid trip so I don't know how to rate it compared to the other specials that had actual story-lines and weren't just a bunch of unrelated scenes with neon colors.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I like TW because it actually has the Galar characters AND Allister actually makes an appearance. If Journeys was more like this, then I’d watch it. Also Avery at the beginning of the last episode.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
My picks:
  • Twilight Wings: With JN neglecting Galar characters as a whole, this series' focus on them is welcomed. Plus it doesn't just rehashes the plot of the games like others.
  • The Mega-Evolution Specials: Steven Stone alone made it for me, also Alain's character is great.
  • The HoSo Specials/Chronicles: Side stories of minor/forgotten/gone characters? Hell yeah
  • Poketoon: Fun and innovative with great characters!

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Twilight wings is the best. Great animation and great stand alone stories that also connects to make a coherent narrative.

Poketoons would be second best just for how fun and unique each self contained episodes are.

Generations and evolution so far are pretty nice. But you really won’t understand anything if you don’t already know the stories from the games. So it kinda feels disjointed.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Ash is Rose’s assistant who helped him summon Eternatus confirmed.
TW01_Ash_Ketchum.png

He's right besides Corviknight and Rose but that's definitely at least an easter egg of Ash, so sortish not Ash-free

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Pokemon Chronicles was awesome! I liked getting to see the other characters in the show apart from Ash and seeing what they're doing, and a couple of Team Rocket's adventures apart from Ash.