• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Ash-Free Animation?

Well?

• Origins

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Generations

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Twilight Wings

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • The Mega-Evolution Specials

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • The HoSo Specials/Chronicles

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • The Legend of Thunder Movie

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Promo-Shorts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mystery Dungeon Specials & Short

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Evolutions

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters

Jangobadass

Surprise!
They can be a breath of fresh air and a nice break from the Never Ending Adventures of Ash, Pikachu, and Friends

Me, I'm going with Generations. Yes, they're short and not perfect, but anything that gives us an alternate on the Villain Teams AND let's people out of the Never Animated Jail is aces in my book! (also, the Isshu episodes were better than half of BW)

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Chronicles, it was nice getting more stories with characters who had left the cast or hardly appeared anymore like Misty, Tracey, Ritchie, Casey, Bill and Cassidy. I wish they still made specials like that, I'd have loved to see May, Harley, and Drew's adventure in Johto, how Brock and Misty got their Mega Rings, Iris' quest for Rayquaza, Serena's first contest... but instead we get garbage fillers like the Binacle and Baseball episodes!

Generations takes it for non-main anime, the shorts were really interesting and we actually got to see the male PCs!

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Hoso specials are my favorite non-Satoshi related media. Not that they were all amazing as a collective work, but there were quite a few episodes that I really enjoyed even if the quality of the specials overall wasn't consistent.

catzeye

Writer's Block
Twilight Wings, because I know the Galarian cast (which are now my favorites) aren't going to get as much focus with Pokemon Journeys. Even if they do get focus, I doubt they would go into details like Nessa and Oleana's upcoming episodes.

But a very close second would definitely be Chronicles. I liked seeing what the other side characters were up to and I wish we got more so at least all of Ash's past companions and rivals got a couple of episodes.

SerenaRulez

The Legend of Thunder specials because I like Jimmy a lot. I didn't like the changes that the English version made like how Hun was made into a female but it's still a good set of episodes. :)

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
The ME specials, but especially the third one.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
Twilight Wings. I'd say Chronicles if the english dub for them didn't suck a$$ (Training Daze english dub for instance with all of its dialogue changes STILL makes me angry as a Gyrados and never not will). Only issue I have with TW is the Dub cast aren't all English accents like I envisioned for Galarian folk and that still gives me whiplash, but that's minor.

Last edited:

RetroPokeFan

Legend of Thunder is pretty good... when you’re watching it subbed as the dub counterpart is an absolute travesty with tons of “memorable” stuff such as them calling Jackson via a different name, randomly making Hun a female for no reason, Marina’s nails on a chalkboard voice or the fact they removed the whole ending which is beyond horrific.

I don’t hold Origins in such a high regard as I used to but it’s still enjoyable enough with a decent dub complete with Jamieson Price stealing the show as Giovanni.

Not much to say about the short promos... they’re promos... they’re shorts and they served their purpose and did their job.

Twilight Wings has been a blast to watch. Dub got off to a shaky start with how the kids sounded in the first episode but has been gradually better afterwards with Keith Silverstein being really good as Chairman Rose.

The side specials are always fun to watch to see how Ash's companions have been doing (shame that the Chronicles dub is such a mess), the Mystery Dungeon stuff were decent and I loved the Mega Evolution specials a lot.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It's still Chronicles.
And Generations if you want to get technical. I like the kids in Twilight Wings, but I didn't get enough of the characters that I wanted to see. Nessa(Yay!) got an episode but not Sonia, Marnie/Piers and Bede didn't either, Allister just got straight up robbed! Yes, the plot with the kids was good but you can't expect Allister fans to not get upset when they hype it up as his episode and expect him to get the same treatment that everyone else did only to end up a supporting character! I still hate Leon and Hopp, that ain't changing. Every moment with those two I cringed and wanted it over with
Also Allister and Bea, the series lost some points for me when they gave those two entire lines of Kanto Pokemon for a party! -_- Thank Arceus the main anime doesn't appear to be going that route with Bea lol

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Chronicles still the best , i'm sad that show being canceled

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Chronicles still the best , i'm sad that show being canceled

It was never a show to begin with, it was collection of specials which were released during 2004 i think and were clubbed together and shown as chronicles, the specials are still being made like that cilan and clemont special or iris special.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Generations. I would like this to be the main anime with the 20-minutes episode format, have Ash being replaced and give all his activities he does and all the Pokemons he got to the game protagonists both male and female evenly, while still keeping the unique stuffs that already done from the 5-minutes Generations.

SerenaRulez

Now that Twilight Wings is completed I think it's my 2nd favorite mini series because I liked all the characters and the animation was impressive. :)