• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Ash gym battle in Hoenn

Favorite Ash gym battle in Hoenn

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Pokeshipper_

After favorite Ash gym battle in Kanto and favorite Ash gym battle in Johto, I'm opening the poll for favorite Ash gym battle in Hoenn.

I know these gym battles polls are not very well received, since there are very few messages in the previous polls, but @PokemonBattleFanatic- threatened me to do these polls!

I voted Tate and Liza just because that bulls*it of gold Swellow was iconic!

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Ash vs Roxanne, Winona and Norman.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I liked his battle with Flannery, it was interesting to see the behind the scenes of gym battling (I'm glad they did that once in Pokemon Chronicles with Misty's gym too once).

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Tate and Liza Because Thunder Armor.

Anyways, Will such strategy ever occur again in the new Pokémon Anime, would it?

Leonhart

Imagineer
The battle against Senri [Norman] is my favorite, although to be completely honest, I don't consider AG to have had spectacular Gym battles generally speaking.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
These are when Gym battles started to be actually good! My favorite is Ash vs Winona but Ash vs Tate and Liza is forever in my head. Thunder Armor is cool idc.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
I have to re-watch Ash's AG gym battles since I don't remember them properly.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
1. Ash vs Juan: Spectacular. A 5 v 5 with an opening double battle. Hoenn always had the best formats. Swellow vs Whiscash was awesome, with best bird giving zero ***** and diving underwater to attack.

2. Ash vs Norman: Most emotional stakes, plus Grovyle was awesome here

3. Ash vs Tate/Liza: Thunder Armor was based, IDGAF what anyone says

Norman but gods, AG easily had the most immemorable Gym challenge of them all
I was gonna say the worst but technically you can't beat Kanto lmao, I still found Kanto's gym challenge fun tho due to the early weirdness

Ew.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
1. Ash vs Juan: Spectacular. A 5 v 5 with an opening double battle. Hoenn always had the best formats. Swellow vs Whiscash was awesome, with best bird giving zero ***** and diving underwater to attack.

2. Ash vs Norman: Most emotional stakes, plus Grovyle was awesome here

3. Ash vs Tate/Liza: Thunder Armor was based, IDGAF what anyone says

Ew.
Sorry but they were so uneventful and boring :p
The Battle Frontier matches were amazing though, all of them

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Tbh if a gym challenge is uneventful it's the Johto one. No fights are bad, but just generally unmemorable aside from Claire where Ash doesn't even use his Johto team.