• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

FAVORITE Ash team

Favorite, not the strongest

• Johto (Bayleaf, Heracross, Totodile, Cyndaquil, Noctowl, Dophan)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Undoubtedly Sinnoh. Had the right balance of type variations, characterization and battle competence in a noticeably large amount.

I do feel like the poll should talk about teams in their respective series, otherwise some Pokemon gain advantages.

Hoenn

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
Kanto or Sinnoh. I like a lot of the captures he had in Kanto/OI (including the reserves). They had variety and were all pretty striking and memorable in their own right.

Sinnoh had a good balance of strength and typing, and good development. Gible was funny as the comic relief mon too.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
The SM team for their entertaining personalities and interactions.

Second is definitely the DP team. Infernape is GOAT and Buizel is super underrated, but they lose points because of Gible and for fumbling Torterra.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Was mixed between DP and SM teams for this but ultimately I feel the SM team together had a much better dynamic than the DP team had with each other. The family aspect of SM team really helps them and makes them so much more endearing and fun to watch
While DP team all had incredible development and arcs, I feel they aren't as fun as SM's team to watch
OS is probably third, what a great mix of personalities. Altho the Johto team specifically sucks
XY's team was cool, but boring
AG's team is something I'm just neutral towards
BW team had fun personalities but zero development and I'm not really attached to them

I think id have JN team as my fourth fav after SM, DP and OS. We might not have gotten enough organic screentime for the members or a better group dynamic, but their individual personalities are so fun and their battles really were great to watch esp vs Leon and Cynthia

Veedramon

I like the Unova team the most. A large array of characters, each with their own distinct personality. The awesome BGM serving to hype us up whenever any of them are about to fight, and a nice variety of different pokemon stages spread throughout :cool:

It's truly a shame that we couldn't have them for at least 4 more years...

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Kanto for personality,Hoenn for team.

Ash made it to the top 8 of the Ever Grande Conference without the reliance of reserves,no real ace,no gimmicks and almost defeated the winner of the Hoenn League in Tyson who also had a balanced team.

Ash's Sceptile is one of my favorite pokemon in the series,it has an aloof and laid-back personality which I can relate to.Back when it was a Grovyle it had a case for being Ash's strongest pokemon in the Hoenn region up until Tailow evolved.

Swellow has the speed and durability to take a lot of punishment,it's also been said by Brock that it's as stubborn and determined as Ash.

Glalie didn't show up until late AG before the Hoenn League started.It's arguably Ash's strongest pokemon at this point,it had a consistent showing at the Hoenn League.

I'd say the Hoenn region was the only time where I actually cared for Pikachu,I could probably also say the same thing for it back in Kanto but in Hoenn this is where it got away from the Kanto team and got more development,because for me back in OS it was overshadowed by Charizard,Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

In early AG Ash was teaching it how to use it's Iconic Iron Tail,at the time Pikachu could only use it only once or twice before it'd stop working.

Ryker101

Going with Alola here. Was great seeing the
main 4 out their pokeballs often. Not to mention the pairings between them. By the end it was hard to tell who’s the strongest cause everyone was stacked. Nobody felt wasted, they all contributed especially in the league and had their moments to shine. Even though Poipole didn’t do much Naganadel still clutched against Kukui

Kanto has some really iconic members, but overall wasn’t as well developed. Sinnoh’s looks pretty good across the board as well. If I watched more DP I might’ve put them higher. Torterra was robbed tho. Kalos was good but not great tbh, Noivern/Goodra were a letdown

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Sinnoh and Orange Island teams for me!

Sinnoh developed together and we went on a journey with them, watching them fail together at Lake Acuity, then become triumphant at the League against Paul. We went on that arc together and it resonates with me still.

Orange Island for fun personalities and containing the originals, but with Snorlax and Lapras added in there too.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
Kanto team was my favorite one. It might not be the strongest but at least every Pokemon had their own unique personality and were really fun to watch. Also I really loved to see Pika, squirtle and bulba interactions.