• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Battle Themes (Music)

Zephraxe

What's your favorite battle song(s) from any of the Pokemon games?

Personally, I can't decide between any of battle themes from the Kanto Region and the Palkia/Dialga Battle theme.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
I'm sure this topic has existed many times before. But for the record, I think my all time favourite battle theme is the RBY battle with your rival in the League, it still sends chills down my spine.

Xionea

Half a centaur
N's battle theme (LOVE that one)
Mesprit, Azelf, Uxie battle theme
Giratina battle theme (Platinum version)
Regi battle theme
Entei, Suicune, Raikou battle theme
Maxie/Archie battle theme

I'm sure there are more, but those are off the top of my head that I can think of.

Hikatoshi26

Red/Champion battle Pokemon GSC
vs. N White/White 2
PWT Finals White 2
Dialga/Palkia DPPL
vs. Champion Iris White 2
vs. Suicune Pokemon GSC

Mew The Gato

Mew Chase Music ( Pokepark Wii - Pikachu's Adventure )
Final Battle ( Pokemon Conquest )
Dialga's Fight To The Finish ( Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers Of Sky )
Cynthia's Battle Theme ( Pokemon White 2 - I like Black 2 White 2's remix of Platinum better than Platinum's version )
Champion Iris Theme ( Pokemon White 2 )
Steven / Wallace Theme ( Pokemon White 2 )
Hoen Gym Leader Theme ( Pokemon White 2 )

Roy9

Sinnoh Master
Top5:

HG/SS Lance/Red
Pt. Giratina
DPPt Dialga/Palkia
BW2 Plasma grunt
HG/SS legendary beasts

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Black and White 2 Team Plasma Grunt's music. God I love it.
I don't remember correctly every single musics I heard, but I remember Cynthia's was pretty good. As well the one of Bianca and Cheren.

Jazzy-Strings

Aggression
Team. Plasma. Battle. Theme. From bw2. Tis the start up music on my pc. Laptop and the phone ring tone for half of my contacts. Its boss and I ADORE IT!!
Deoxys. Battle. Theme. Its my ringtone and everything.
also suicunes reds and the hoenn gym.

Chimungus

I' have to say the Hoenn Champion theme from BW2, Cynthia's battle theme from Bw2, and the Unova Gym Battle theme are my favorites.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
I'm gonna get shot for this, but the Sinnoh Gym Battle Theme.

But even MORE then that, the Dialga/Palkia/Giratina (DP Only!) Theme, which is tied with the Platinum Giratina Theme!!!

cheshireusagi

Tory is my fav ♥
My top 5:

1. Kanto Wild Pokemon Battle (Heartgold/Soulsilver version! Seriously, its so epic I thought I ran into a legendary or something the first time I heard it D: Also nostalgic as hell.)
2. Blazing White Yang! VS. Reshiram (Yes, Reshiram and Zekrom have slightly different themes, and I like Reshiram's better = w=)
3. Black/White Rival Battle ( Cute and catchy :3 )
4. Black/White VS Team Plasma Grunt (God, catchyyyyyy I can listen to this for hours and not be bored)
5. Diamond/Pearl VS Champion Cynthia (Seriously, when you hear this music, you know s*** just got REAL, dude. Tense, yet makes me so pumped :'D )

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
Dialga's Fight to the Finish
Colress' Battle Theme
Hidden Land
Across the sea of time
To name a few...

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Hmm, a couple of years ago I made a "Top 25 Pokemon music" list, though it contained some non-battle themes as well, and only counted music from the main-series games (i.e. no Colosseum, Mystery Dungeon, etc.) But the battle themes from that list, as well as a few more I like, are: (in no particular order)

- Final rival battle theme (R/B/Y), as well as its FR/LG remix. I especially like the intro of the latter one.
- The original gym leader battle theme of Red and Blue. It's been remixed several times, but the original is the best IMO.
- The Kanto Wild Pokemon battle theme in HG/SS. Techno-ish music remixes FTW! Same goes for the Johto gym leader battle theme.
- The Champion battle music from HG/SS. MUCH better than the original IMO. The opening is especially epic.
- Frontier Brain battle (HG/SS). So catchy!
- Kyogre/Groudon battle music from R/S/E. It just works so well against those drums in the background.
- Battle with Suicune in HG/SS. I like how the three legendary dogs have different remixes of the original theme, but I like Suicune's the best.
- Battle with the Lake trio in D/P/Pt. I really like the melody of this one, especially with the bass line in the background.
- Cynthia's original Champion battle theme from D/P. None of the later remixes just felt as epically awesome as that one... though the B/W remix is kind of nice too.
- The music that plays when a gym leader's down to their last Pokemon in B/W. What an awesome addition that was.
- Battle with the Team Plasma grunts in B/W. I actually like this better than the B2/W2 remix, because the beat brings out the melody more.
- Ghetsis' battle theme in B/W. Chanting Ghetsis' name in the background = ultimate bad*****ery, like One Winged Angel-level bad*****ery.

Of course, though, the only Pokemon tunes I actually have as ringtones are non-battle ones-- they're the Driftveil City music (my favourite city theme of all) and the Radio Tower takeover music from HG/SS.

Last edited: