• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Best Friend Characters

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
In a lot of manga, main characters often gain best friends that are usually introduced early from the get go before expanding the main character's roster of friends. Goku, Krillin and Bulma. Luffy, Zoro and Nami. Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura. Guts and Grif-. These are usually seen as the more well-known central cast of friends who often become the sidekick, the partner or the rival, the first they often meet in the story before the roster of their friends expands to the point where six months later your thinking to yourself, "Holy crap! Where did all these characters come from!?"

Discuss your favorite "Best Friend" Characters.

VkHnHNo.png

I'll kick off with Tower of God. In Demon Slayer, you have the little sister demon girl. In One Piece, you have the swordsman who wields three swords. In Dragon Ball Z, you have an albino namekian named Krillan. So what does Tower of God's main character Baam got? Basically "evil" Lex Luthor if he was good and a badass dinosaur! These are in my opinion, my favorite best friend characters.

You have the blue-haired kid, Khun Aguero Agnis or Khun for short who is essentially the cool-headed intellectual schemer character. He's a kid that lacks a lot of the flashy powers that other powerful characters have, he's disowned by the famous Khun family renowned for their prowess over lightning but anyone who knows Khun should know not to underestimate him as he's sometimes described by others as being like the devil because of how dangerous his intellect is alone, often filling in the role of a leader and planner. Khun is often friendly when he introduces himself but he can be extremely ruthless and is not above using others to achieve his goals or protect his friends that there are honestly times you'll actually be rooting for his ruthlessness lol.

Then there's Rak Wraithraiser who is every Tower of God fan's favorite tsundere. In shonen, you have a lot of crouching moron, hidden badass characters like Zoro or Goku. Tower of God gives us a badass spear wielding dinosaur with a big ego and a golden heart who loves bananas, lives for the thrill of the fight and refers to every individual not by their name but as a turtle. For example if Serebii just showed up out of nowhere, he'd probably call him green turtle or time turtle. When Rak is introduced, the easiest thing you will notice is that he is the second-biggest character of Part 1 and often serves as the ace card as Baam and Khun lacks powers early on. Also guess what? Like Nezuko from Demon Slayer, he comes in his very own chibi-sized package! He will make you laugh! He will make you root! And he will make you cry! I'm not actually joking about that last one. This badass dinosaur will hit you in the feels.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Usagi and Rei from Sailor Moon are one of my favorites. They bicker alot but are very close friends.
I also like Yugi and the gang+Kaiba for their interactions.

jaden767

Amphetamine
Ino, Shikamaru and Choji from Naruto. I thought it was cool how they had all known each other from childhood since their clans were always allies and I thought they had cool moments together.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Ino, Shikamaru and Choji from Naruto. I thought it was cool how they had all known each other from childhood since their clans were always allies and I thought they had cool moments together.
Oh yeah. They were one of the few people nice to Naruto even before the story began.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In terms of friendships among an anime's main protagonist and their fellow cast members, I'd say that Luffy's friendship with Zoro in One Piece stands out. Their reunion scene in the Wano arc in particular was sweet in a quirky kind of way.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Joey from Yu-Gi-Oh is my favorite BFF character. His loyalty to Yugi and how he went from being Yugi's bully to being his best friend still brings tears to my eyes.

RetroPokeFan

Speaking of Yu-Gi-Oh I'd say Yugi and most of the main cast but instead I'mma go on a limb and say Yusei and Jack from 5D's.

They started off as bitter rivals always ready to duel each other but once Yusei swept through the Fortune Cup and pulled the rug under Jack's feet things started to change and by the end of the show they become true friends...

Jack even fist bumps Yusei, now that's something Kaiba would never do folks!