• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite boss battle?

Twitch

Panda King in Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus. Easy, but Panda King is awesome.

Too bad they butchered the remake of the fight in Sly 3.

Seiryu

Resident dragon
There're a lot of bosses I've loved fighting from various video games. I'll list a few now and add some more as they come to me.

--Nine-Tails from Okami. I saw a video of part of this fight on GameSpot before I bought the game, and spent most of my time playing anticipating it. Needless to say, I was not disappointed; the musical score for the battle was great, and the whole thing was just damn fun. Honorable Mentions: Oki, Tei (rematch), and the Nachku/Lechku fights.

--Dark Chloe from Tales of Legendia. I enjoyed lots of fights in ToL, but my bias towards this fight comes from the overall difficulty. It's easily one of the most difficult battles in the game even on the Normal difficulty setting, and on Hard, I'd say she surpasses the final boss of the main quest (the game's first half, basically). Without proper preparation, she can rip your party to shreds with a single combo--I should know, since it happened to me. Honorable Mentions: Nerifes, Chloe, Dark Senel/Dark Shirley, Schwartz.

--Bill and Ben from Seiken Densetsu 3. You fight this pair twice throughout the game, and I'm counting both fights here. What really sold it to me here was the music; the track that plays for both fights really grants a frantic atmosphere, which I feel nicely complements the already fairly quick pace of the fights. Honorable Mentions: Dangaard, Zable Fahr, Bigieu, Archfiend.

Emergency BuTcH

Team Rocketron! D8<
Xemnas Battles-Kingdom Hearts II-One enemy, four battles straight. Awesome.
Drawcia Sorceress and Soul-Kirby: Canvas Curse-Most innovative boss battle I've ever played and the only great part of the game.

Emergency BuTcH

Team Rocketron! D8<
Xemnas Battles-Kingdom Hearts II-One enemy, four battles straight. Awesome.
Drawcia Sorceress and Soul-Kirby: Canvas Curse-Most innovative boss battle I've ever played and the only great part of the game.

Ansem (Xehanort)/World of Chaos battles-Kingdom Hearts.
Final Xemnas battles-Kingdom Hearts II.
Elder Princess Shroob transformed battle-Mario and Luigi: Partners in time.

Juan87

streets of rage 2 i like the boss theme tune

Cacaruka

WHADDUP
Versus the Angel of Light and Shadow in Bomberman 64: The Second Attack.
Man, that battle was so epic...and the music was great.

DJ-Will

Twilight of Aquarius
Bass from Megaman 8. Short and easy, but he's still my favorite Megaman character.
Twinrova from Zelda: OoT
The Temple of the Gods boss from Wind Waker
Elpizo from Megaman Zero 2.

Divine Judgment

鐘を鳴らして 君を捜すよ
I basically love all the ultra bosses found in video games like:

Sephiroth -Kingdom Hearts I/II
Ruby/Emerald Weapon- FF VII
Omega Weapon- FF VIII
Ozma- FF IX
Nemesis- FF X
Lenneth- Star Ocean 3
Freya- Star Ocean 3 (hardest boss eva especially on 4D!)
Ethereal Queen- Star Ocean 3
Fayt and Co. - Star Ocean 3
Abyssion- Tales of Symphonia
Nebilim- Tales of the Abyss

Puffs

...NINE-THOUSAND!!!!
I see no one's mentioned Dark Samus yet. Really, anything fast enough to escape you visor's lock-on has got to be tough.

Assassin

Cascade Trainer
Anything from the Devil May Cry series, but specifically Vergil 3, Arkham 2 and Griffon 2.

Shadow Of The Collosus. Everything was a boss battle! Favourite would have to be the final though. The word epic gets thrown around a lot when it comes to boss battles, but this one was truly epic.

Hari-Hara and Demi-Fiend from Digital Devil Saga 1.

Olga Flow from Phantasy Star Online Episode 2.

Reala, Puffy and Jackal from NiGHTS.

Perfect Chaos from Sonic Adventure.

Mordekai from Serious Sam: The Second Encounter, or just plain old Serious Sam if you're an Xbox player.

Completely dishonerable mentions go to any SNK boss, Jinpachi from Tekken 5, Eugene from Evolution 1, Night Terror from Soul Calibur III, and god-danged Unalesca from FFX.