• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Bug-Type Pokemon?

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Some people love 'em, others don't. I for one adore the Bug-type to bits! Here are mine, by Gen:

Gen I - Venomoth
Gen II - Heracross
Gen III - Armaldo
Gen IV - Vespiquen
Gen V - Galvantula
Gen VI - Vivillon
Gen VII - Golisopod
Gen VIII - Frosmoth

What about you?

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
  1. Butterfree and Venomoth
  2. Ledian and Heracross
  3. Beautifly and Dustox
  4. Wormadam (Trash Cloak)
  5. Leavanny and Volcarona
  6. Vivillon
  7. Pheromosa
  8. Orbeetle and Frosmoth

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I haven't played Gen 8 yet so I can't add that, but here are my favorites in terms of the shinies I like
  • Gen I: Definitely Venomoth, with its beautiful blue coloration
  • Gen II: Shuckle. It had a role for an episode in the anime, and it has a nice blue coloration
  • Gen III: Dustox. Anime role, but it is in general a rather nice shade of brown that reminds me of real moths
  • Gen IV: Yanmega. I just happen to like it more than Skorupi, and the others aren't that special
  • Gen V: Has to go to Volcarona. Nowadays it has a glorious yellow like the sun itself
  • Gen VI: Scatterbug. There wasn't much to choose from
  • Gen VII: Vikavolt. There was a lot of good ones, but Vikavolt has a sleek metal coloration and it actually proves to be a good shiny in all three stages of its life
  • Gen VIII: Orbeetle. A clear difference, even if its an obvious color swap

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Gen 1: Mega Beedrill
Gen 2: Heracross
Gen 3: Anorith
Gen 4: Yanmega
Gen 5: 3 way tie between Galvantula, Leavanny, & Volcarona
Gen 6: Vivillon since its line is the only Bug line
Gen 7: Tied between Charjabug, Araquanid, & Buzzwole
Gen 8: Centiskorch

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Gen II: Shuckle. It had a role for an episode in the anime, and it has a nice blue coloration

Wasn't it one of the first Shinies to appear in the anime?

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
Gen I: Scyther
Gen II: Scizor
Gen III: Shedinja
Gen IV: Yanmega
Gen V: Swadloon
Gen VI: Spewpa
Gen VII: Charjabug
Gen VIII: Orbeetle

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I used to despise bug type Pokémon since they used to be one of the weakest typings but now I have a lot of respect for them since the last few generations have introduced strong bug type Pokémon

Gen 1. Pinsir

Gen 2. Scizor

Gen 3. Dustox

Gen 4. Yanmega

Gen 5. Scolipede/Volcarona/Galvantula (lots of good ones this gen)

Gen 6. Vivillon. (Were there any others?)

Gen 7. Vikavolt

Gen 8. Frosmoth

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Since I haven't played Sword and Shield I'm not including any Gen 8 bug, but I have my opinions on the first seven
  • Gen 1: It depends. Going only by what was introduced in Gen I, Scyther gets it. If we include Megas, Pinsir gets it. Tough decision.
  • Gen 2: Again, if we're including evolutions of previous generations I'd go with Scizor. Great typing and design, even if it's a bit difficult to get. Only including Gen 2 lines, its Heracross
  • Gen 3: Shedinja. I like its gimmick, it has a unique and spooky design, and I like to troll the NPCs with Wonder Guard/there's an adrenaline of the risk.
  • Gen 4: Vespiquen. Generic typing, but she pulls it off and has good signatures
  • Gen 5: This has a lot of good bug bois, I'm not sure who's my favorite. But if I have to pick, Volcarona is just too majestic. Galvantula is a close second
  • Gen 6: I literally have no choice
  • Gen 7: Vikavolt. I enjoyed this line as a whole, really

Leonhart

Imagineer
Gen 1: Spear (Beedrill)
Gen 2: Heracross
Gen 3: Illumise
Gen 4: Megayanma (Yanmega)
Gen 5: Hahakomori (Leavanny)
Gen 6: Vivillon
Gen 7: Denjimushi (Charjabug)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Was Vivillon the only bug type introduced in gen 6 I can’t remember any others
Yes, the Scatterbug line was the only new Bug line introduced. Actually, here's a list of generations that only introduced one family line of types.

Trillion

caterpie line
pineco
wurmple and all of its evolutions
kricketot line
grubbin line
weedle line
spinarak line
yanma line
venipede and whirlipede
durant
genesect