• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Canon Couples of the Pokemon series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
It's Valentines day today so let's celebrate who is our favorite couples of the Pokemon series. HOWEVER no non-canon ships here. In fact don't even use the word "shipping" over couple. I believe that shipping to be accurate means the desire for two people to be a couple, as in shipping is much more subjective based on each and every person's interest. So when I say couples, I mean actually confirmed-to-be-canon legit couples which I believe might yield more interesting results. The only subjectivity here is what are your favorites! Also you can even include favorite Pokemon pairings based on gender counterparts like Nidoking and Nidoqueen if you want.

I'll start with a favorite couple among the Pokemon fanbase.

SEuNZbu.jpg

Everyone's favorite Pikachu couple, Pika and ChuChu! Just look at them in this updated pic, there so happy together with their Pichu kid, Pibu.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Pearlshipping. I've met so many nice people in the pearlshipping fandom, also Dawn is such a cute and awesome girl and she deserves someone like Ash :)

ShadowForce720

Pearlshipping. I've met so many nice people in the pearlshipping fandom, also Dawn is such a cute and awesome girl and she deserves someone like Ash :)

I think you are misunderstanding something here, Shoz999 wasn't asking what your favorite shipping is in general, he is asking what is your favorite canon shipping and that means for instance two characters that are confirmed to be together for instance in the anime and I think most forms of media Burnet and Kukui are confirmed to be together in a romantic relationship, where in the case of Pearlshipping it's not a canon ship as Ash and Dawn aren't officially together, it's fine if you personally want them together but that doesn't make it canon.

Another example of a another canon shipping is Red's Pikachu with Yellow's Pikachu as they are together and even had a child(being Pichu) together.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Red and yellow are close to canon ships except for the fact that red is totally oblivious of yellow's attraction towards him, most canon ship is between two pokemon. Ferriswheel is also a very good ship.

shoz999

Red and yellow are close to canon ships except for the fact that red is totally oblivious of yellow's attraction towards him, most canon ship is between two pokemon. Ferriswheel is also a very good ship.
As much as I like that ship it still has to be a canon couple, as in they actually confess their feelings, want to try being a couple together, go on a date, maybe get married kind of like Prof. Kukui and Burnett. A one-sided attraction like Serena to Ash or Yellow to Red doesn't really count.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
This thread is practically pointless then since very few fully canon couples exist in the Poké-verse.

shoz999

This thread is practically pointless then since very few fully canon couples exist in the Poké-verse.
Few few well-known canon couples, so are you really sure about that? BEHOLD! A CANON COUPLE OLDER THAN PIKACHUCHU SHIPPING! POSSIBLY THE FIRST CANON COUPLE IN POKEMON HIIIIIIISTORY!

250px-Day-Care_Couple_Sugimori.png

The Daycare Couple in Johto, one of the sweetest old-timer couples in the Pokemon series.

shoz999

Alain/Mairin and Kukui/Burnet are both adorable, especially with the latter two being far better parents to Ash than Delia ever was
Kukui and Burnet are possibly the most well-known married couple in Pokemon.

FranticShipping hands down. Ruby and Sapphire really are so adorable. I love them!
And Ruby and Sapphire probably has hands down the best canonical relationship in the Pokemon series.

Mikeachu

Soul Trainer
Den Geki/Electric Tale AshxMisty. Or at least the author has stated his belief they should marry, so it's borderline canon as far as that continuity is concerned.

shoz999

220px-Winona_Wallace_Adventures.png

Wallace X Winona is a cool canon couple, huh never thought I'd put cool and couple in the same sentence, from Pokemon Adventures Ruby & Sapphire. Unlike other ships, Gracefulshipping is a much more solid ship and is considered by many fans as one of the more maturely developed canon ships of Pokemon. Actually to be accurate, Wallace and Winona used to be a canon couple, having a romantic relationship in the past. This being one of the more mature ships like Kukui X Burnett, Wallace had plans to live with Winona and perhaps even one day settle down and marry but unfortunately Winona broke it off. One of the possibilities is that Winona was annoyed at the idea of her abilities often being checked by someone stronger than her. Winona prides herself as a strong and powerful Gym Leader but when Wallace was offered the position of Hoenn Pokemon Champion, the thought of it was too much pressure for her. Although they broke off, there are hints that the two still have feelings for each other, the most notable one is when Sapphire teases Winona about Wallace at a wedding lol.

Taco-Belle

Prof Kukui and Prof Burnet since they got married in the cartoon and they had a romantic relationship in the games. I like canon ships the most because there's no room for debating whether the characters involved like each other or not unlike non-canon ships. But sadly Pokemon has few canon ships which is weird because most other cartoons have several notable ones.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Problem is that most fan think that something likeWallace X Winona is canon to both game/anime universe when both versions of the pairs never met or talk to others unless it is fanfiction. @shoz999

shoz999

Problem is that most fan think that something likeWallace X Winona is canon to both game/anime universe when both versions of the pairs never met or talk to others unless it is fanfiction. @shoz999
What's your favorite part about Wallace X Winona since you seem to be interested in the subject? :D

Redstar45

What's your favorite part about Wallace X Winona since you seem to be interested in the subject? :D
Their own relationship is fair unquestioning different from the main canon or anime and it is interested. but hope fan don't take it as be all and end all

shoz999

Their own relationship is fair unquestioning different from the main canon or anime and it is interested. but hope fan don't take it as be all and end all
How is it different from the main canon? Come on! Breathe some life into those words! Excitement! Joy! Knowledge!

Redstar45

How is it different from the main canon? Come on! Breathe some life into those words! Excitement! Joy! Knowledge!
Well their own respective relationship is sort hard to discuss to youbut i don't think main canon version never talk or in same room to each another in both classic and remix

shoz999

Well their own respective relationship is sort hard to discuss to youbut i don't think main canon version never talk or in same room to each another in both classic and remix
You'll never know if you don't try. :D So what is your favorite part of how different Winona X Wallace is compared to other relationships?

Redstar45

I like that they're have some history before rs arc starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.