• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Canon Couples of the Pokemon series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I like that they're have some history before rs arc starting.
From the sound of it, Wallace sounded like he had plans to marry her. I don't know about you but Pokemon-style weddings are always a fun story to do on! A shame they broke up right?

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
From the sound of it, Wallace sounded like he had plans to marry her. I don't know about you but Pokemon-style weddings are always a fun story to do on! A shame they broke up right?
Yeah but it would be too obvious for them have married and i am not sure if gf & tpc is okay with that ? And feel bit real life relationship work

shoz999

Yeah but it would be too obvious for them have married and i am not sure if gf & tpc is okay with that ?
250px-Riley_Wanda_wedding.png

GameFreak and The Pokemon Company would be completely fine with it. If a wedding storyline with some censored juice is fine in the Pokemon anime, it's absolutely fine in the Pokemon Adventures manga. If anything the Pokemon Adventures manga beat the anime right to it. Remember that sweet moment of the wedding between Wally's cousin, Wanda and her boyfriend Riley? They looked like they had the happiest day of their lives! Speaking of Wanda and her nameless boyfriend, that's another great canon couple. Quite short but quite sweet at the same time, don't you agree?

Last edited:

Redstar45

250px-Riley_Wanda_wedding.png

GameFreak and The Pokemon Company would be completely fine with it. If a wedding storyline with some censored juice is fine in the Pokemon anime, it's absolutely fine in the Pokemon Adventures manga. If anything the Pokemon Adventures manga beat the anime right to it. Remember that sweet moment of the wedding between Wally's cousin, Wanda and her boyfriend Riley? They looked like it was the happiest day of their lives! Speaking of Wanda and her nameless boyfriend, that's another great canon couple. Quite short but quite sweet at the same time, don't you agree?
Well it is interested to how small npc characters in the manga getting married and professors do get married......is pointless as thay are already married in Gameverses

shoz999

Well it is interested to how small npc characters in the manga getting married and professors do get married......is pointless as thay are already married in Gameverses
Nope. Wanda and Riley aren't married in the games. They are married in the Adventures manga. In the games, they are just dating.

Redstar45

Nope. Wanda and Riley aren't married in the games. They are married in the Adventures manga. In the games, they are just dating.
That what i say ........?

Redstar45

I thought you said that both Prof Kukui + Burnett and Wanda + Riley are married in the games. Oh well.
Yeah i may confuse you sorry

Redstar45

It is fine but it plot device get hoenn holders join the fight

shoz999

It is fine but it plot device get hoenn holders join the fight
Nope. The original Pokedex Holders frozen in stone and the Battle Frontier just being in the Hoenn region is the real reason why the Hoenn Holders not only joined the fight but got there early. You know one thing I did wish to see. Wally at his cousin's wedding. I wonder what his reaction would be? He would definitely be happy for her but would Sapphire tease him too lol about love.

Redstar45

Eh ........i see .

shoz999

Eh ........i see .
If you think about it, Wally was originally supposed to be the main character of the Emerald Arc and here we see Wally's cousin getting married but we see no Wally at the wedding. Strange don't you think, almost as if it was one of the plot pieces that Kusaka carried over from Wally's story to Emerald's, almost as if Kusaka already had big plans for Wally before he changed it. Regardless what the story could be behind that wedding, it's just such a sweet moment. It's kind of a shame we didn't get a glimpse of what their life was like during the ORAS chapter.

Redstar45

If you think about it, Wally was originally supposed to be the main character of the Emerald Arc and here we see Wally's cousin getting married but we see no Wally at the wedding. Strange don't you think, almost as if it was one of the plot pieces that Kusaka carried over from Wally's story to Emerald's, almost as if Kusaka already had big plans for Wally before he changed it. Regardless what the story could be behind that wedding, it's just such a sweet moment. It's kind of a shame we didn't get a glimpse of what their life was like during the ORAS chapter.
Welly feel he is best character but whole breathing mask is overrated bit no offense

shoz999

Welly feel he is best character but whole breathing mask is overrated bit no offense
It makes logical sense for him to have the breathing mask or any alternative breathing equipment in the games or manga. That's part of his character, overcoming his breathing disorder. Anyways, this is not the place to discuss this any further. Any canon ships you like?

Dream Lad

Banned
Is Ash and Serena now considered canon after XY, especially after she kissed him? Like the assumption being when this is all over, a grown-up Ash will marry her?

shoz999

Is Ash and Serena now considered canon after XY, especially after she kissed him? Like the assumption being when this is all over, a grown-up Ash will marry her?
That doesn't count as a canon couple. Serena did confessed her feelings during that moment to Ash but Ash never actually accepted it as being in a relationship in the end, he just stood there as his oblivious self without a word. This is actually pretty similar to Ruby & Sapphire's relationship where Sapphire confessed her feelings to Ruby but Ruby pretended to forget about it which frustrated Franticshippers lol. It wasn't until ORAS where Ruby confessed his feelings to Sapphire as teenagers that they began dating and thus become a canon couple.

Dream Lad

Banned
That doesn't count as a canon couple. Serena did confessed her feelings during that moment to Ash but Ash never actually accepted it as being in a relationship in the end, he just stood there as his oblivious self without a word. This is actually pretty similar to Ruby & Sapphire's relationship where Sapphire confessed her feelings to Ruby but Ruby pretended to forget about it which frustrated Franticshippers lol. It wasn't until ORAS where Ruby confessed his feelings to Sapphire as teenagers that they began dating and thus become a canon couple.

No word from the writers about the implications of the ship going forward then? I can't imagine the relationship not being brought up if Serena makes an appearance in Gen 8.

shoz999

No word from the writers about the implications of the ship going forward then? I can't imagine the relationship not being brought up if Serena makes an appearance in Gen 8.
Each season is like it's own little world that may or may not acknowledge the previous canon. I'm sure that one day in the future the anime will bring it up but no guarantees it will be Gen 8.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Edward Elric & Winry Rockbell

It’s a little tough since there not a lot of cannon ship in Pokemon and the ones that are I don’t particularly care for. I guess if I had to pick one, it’d be Ruby x Sapphire from Pokemon Adventures. While they are not actually together in the manga, they did confess their feelings to one another and that’s probably gonna be as close as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.