1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Canon Couples of the Pokemon series.

Discussion in 'Shippers Community' started by shoz999, Feb 15, 2019.

1. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

From the sound of it, Wallace sounded like he had plans to marry her. I don't know about you but Pokemon-style weddings are always a fun story to do on! A shame they broke up right?

2. Redstar45

Redstar45 A POCKET MONSTERS & DIGITAL MONSTERS Fan !

Yeah but it would be too obvious for them have married and i am not sure if gf & tpc is okay with that ? And feel bit real life relationship work

3. shoz999

[​IMG]

GameFreak and The Pokemon Company would be completely fine with it. If a wedding storyline with some censored juice is fine in the Pokemon anime, it's absolutely fine in the Pokemon Adventures manga. If anything the Pokemon Adventures manga beat the anime right to it. Remember that sweet moment of the wedding between Wally's cousin, Wanda and her boyfriend Riley? They looked like they had the happiest day of their lives! Speaking of Wanda and her nameless boyfriend, that's another great canon couple. Quite short but quite sweet at the same time, don't you agree?

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  4. Redstar45

Well it is interested to how small npc characters in the manga getting married and professors do get married......is pointless as thay are already married in Gameverses

5. shoz999

Nope. Wanda and Riley aren't married in the games. They are married in the Adventures manga. In the games, they are just dating.

6. Redstar45

That what i say ........?

7. shoz999

I thought you said that both Prof Kukui + Burnett and Wanda + Riley are married in the games. Oh well.

8. Redstar45

Yeah i may confuse you sorry

9. shoz999

Speaking of Wanda + Riley, what did you think of the moment they got married. I thought it was funny how Sapphire teased Winona about Wallace during the wedding lol.

10. Redstar45

It is fine but it plot device get hoenn holders join the fight

11. shoz999

Nope. The original Pokedex Holders frozen in stone and the Battle Frontier just being in the Hoenn region is the real reason why the Hoenn Holders not only joined the fight but got there early. You know one thing I did wish to see. Wally at his cousin's wedding. I wonder what his reaction would be? He would definitely be happy for her but would Sapphire tease him too lol about love.

12. Redstar45

Eh ........i see .

13. shoz999

If you think about it, Wally was originally supposed to be the main character of the Emerald Arc and here we see Wally's cousin getting married but we see no Wally at the wedding. Strange don't you think, almost as if it was one of the plot pieces that Kusaka carried over from Wally's story to Emerald's, almost as if Kusaka already had big plans for Wally before he changed it. Regardless what the story could be behind that wedding, it's just such a sweet moment. It's kind of a shame we didn't get a glimpse of what their life was like during the ORAS chapter.

14. Redstar45

Welly feel he is best character but whole breathing mask is overrated bit no offense

15. shoz999

It makes logical sense for him to have the breathing mask or any alternative breathing equipment in the games or manga. That's part of his character, overcoming his breathing disorder. Anyways, this is not the place to discuss this any further. Any canon ships you like?

16. Dream Lad

Dream Lad Banned

Is Ash and Serena now considered canon after XY, especially after she kissed him? Like the assumption being when this is all over, a grown-up Ash will marry her?

17. shoz999

That doesn't count as a canon couple. Serena did confessed her feelings during that moment to Ash but Ash never actually accepted it as being in a relationship in the end, he just stood there as his oblivious self without a word. This is actually pretty similar to Ruby & Sapphire's relationship where Sapphire confessed her feelings to Ruby but Ruby pretended to forget about it which frustrated Franticshippers lol. It wasn't until ORAS where Ruby confessed his feelings to Sapphire as teenagers that they began dating and thus become a canon couple.

18. Dream Lad

Dream Lad Banned

No word from the writers about the implications of the ship going forward then? I can't imagine the relationship not being brought up if Serena makes an appearance in Gen 8.

19. shoz999

Each season is like it's own little world that may or may not acknowledge the previous canon. I'm sure that one day in the future the anime will bring it up but no guarantees it will be Gen 8.

20. Victorian Rush

Victorian Rush Well-Known Member

Edward Elric & Winry Rockbell

It’s a little tough since there not a lot of cannon ship in Pokemon and the ones that are I don’t particularly care for. I guess if I had to pick one, it’d be Ruby x Sapphire from Pokemon Adventures. While they are not actually together in the manga, they did confess their feelings to one another and that’s probably gonna be as close as it gets.

shoz999 likes this.