• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Character Thread

What is your favorite anime character from DPP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Charmbracelet

Looking In
Misty, Kanto and Orange Islands only.

I loved her back then, she was fiery, hot tempered, but still showcased her obvious crush on Ash. What I liked most about her is that she was confident, not only with herself but with her Pokemon abilities, sure sometimes Psyduck would pop out of its ball uncessarily, but when she battled she proved she was a capable trainer (Her gym battle with Ash, her battle with Marina, her battle with James etc). I think after Togepi hatched she became a little more reserved, but by the time she hit Johto, she became basically like a mother. Such a switch from her old persona, IMO Brock should have gotten Togepi, while Misty could have kept her old personality. Johto Misty was one of my least favorites.

Other than that, I LOVE Jesse, Gary was great (until getting his personality changed, like Misty) I also enjoy Brock sometimes too.

Last edited:

Armaldo48

Jessie, James and Meowth.

It's always really fun to see them and they usually make me laugh. I think some episodes would be pretty boring if they wouldn't be there.

yuesunsx

I always loved pokemon :3 I started watching when I was maybe 5-6? But stopped with the introduction of DP generation, I'm old now, can't keep up with so many new pokemon :p

I have always loved May and Drew, not just because I'm a passionate contestshipper, but I love their personalities and how they complement each other and make one <3

But I like Drew for his cocky personality, and arrogance etc but how he is really a kind person inside and actually cares for his friends.

Regarding May, she is a sweet person and I liked her better than Misty, and just can't warm up to Dawn because she seems like a ripped copy of May-not to sound mean, it's just that I almost like May by default xD

CheeseChan.xx

I ♥ Shinji
SHINJI! He's smexy and he's awesome, what's not to love? <3
Shigeru's not half bad either, but he's nowhere near as awesome as Shinji <3
(Yeah, I love the characters that Satoshi gets owned by)

Goldenrod

One armed detective
Misty used to be my favorite but now I think it's May. We seem to have a lot in common.

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
Paul. Yes, he can be very dull but I love how much his personality and training style are the opposite of Ash's. I also love how the show slowly reveals more about his past as the episodes go by that explain why he is the way he is. This makes the show way more interesting. Btw can anyone tell me how to get a profile pic?

bookist

Paul: He is a decent rival with a rude personality which this show needed.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Paul: Honestly I see that he and Ash could truely end up as Mortal enemies, Ash clearly disagrees with Paul's training methods, and Paul just sees Ash as a complete loser, better rivalry than Gary ever would be.

James: That guy was hilerious beck in the da when Eric Stuart voiced him, on top of that, I like the fact that out of the TR duo, his deep storyline beats Jessie's, plus he would have had a Kick-*** Arcanine

May: She's hot, yes, but she originally started out hating pokemon, now she's like "POW! Another Ribbon"

I got to say my favorite character is Meowth. Just simply because he's the best. Would've liked him to be a bit of a battling pokemon and win a lot more often.

Mastakirby

Dungeon Watcher...
I would have to say Brock for several reason's. Were both around the same age, we both watch over younger people (my lil bro and sis), and we both constantly go after girl's. I also like how brock is basically an expert breeder and is still trying harder to go even further than that.

TehGr81

College graduate
Ash: I most likely wouldn't be watching the show if I didn't like him. He is the main character after all.

Paul: Probably Ash's greatest rival to date: a guy who only strives for power in his Pokémon and nothing else. This is what Gary should have been but wasn't.

Brock: Watching him flirt with girls never gets old. He can also be considered a father figure for Ash.

Lucy: Although she only had one episode in Season 9, you had to love her attitude and appearance. She's tall, beautiful, and deadly. Also, my favorite Pokémon happens to be her signature: Seviper!

Cynthia: My second favorite female character in the show. For the first time we finally have a female champion in the series! Not to mention she is also drop-dead gorgeous.

Sabrina: I loved how mysterious she was in the anime. The dollhouse thing was a great touch as well.

Last edited:

Darkmagiciangirl

OpInIoNaTeD at <3
okay, let's see...I can't watch the anime from where I am, it doesn't air anymore, but based on the movies and the episode pics, here goes!

Dawn - She's cool! I've seen her and how she is in the pics, and I could see there's character development. She and her team also share a close bond, though they sometimes don't succeed. Oh and I play her DP! Bonus!

Paul - Evil. Rude. Stuck-up. Heartless. Need I say more? His part in the anime is spot-on.

Ash - He's the hero and he passed thriogh...how many leagues? He can be impulsive sometimes. And he waas depressed when he lost to Paul, but luckily he and his pokemon wil always be side-by-side.

Brock - Dunno, just...like him!

May - I guess I like her team, and May herself.

Oh and then no pokemon series would be a pokemon series without the infamous Team Rocket! They bring a comic relief to the story, tries so hard but always fails, and then a talking Meotwh???!

Habibi

Brock hands down. I am just like him, I go nuts over very attractive girls.

There are three reasons why my favorite character is Gary Oak:

1. He has a cheerleading sections; what's not to like about that?

2. He is a skilled Pokemon trainer and always bags on Ash.

3. Though he is a snob, he cares for his Pokemon.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
I like Ash (because he is the anime versio of Red)
Pikachu, come on! hes so adorable and strong

Blaine my fav gym leader who got me into liking fire pokemon
Prof.Oak i like to make fun of him, cant believe he is sammy in pokemon 4ever! jsut found out yesterday when it aired

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
My favourite used to be Misty, but now Dawn jumped ahead.
I like the fact that Piplup is another Pikachu because we need one (yeah I like Piplup). Plus I like how she wanted follow in her mother's footsteps and become a top coordinator and trying to prove to her that there's "No need to worry". I like her rivals (yes I like them too) I like how Zoey tries to mentor her, and Ursula's personality towards her, I can put up with Kenny too, I like how Nando is completely different from her other rivals and that he does gyms and contests. My favourite part about Dawn is that her story is very realistic and how she is has learnt from her losses. I also like that she is so similar to Ash, and how she beat May in the Wallace cup and doing so helped her regain her confidence. Her team is another thing I like. My favourites are Piplup and Cyndaquil. So yeah I like Dawn!