• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Character Thread

What is your favorite anime character from DPP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

William K

I'd have to say Ash is my favourite.. I can relate to him the most and he's grown on me since the first episode or so! Brock's my second favourite since he's both knowledgeable one moment and the next he's flirting like there's no tomorrow. I also like Misty and her attitude! (Original trio!)

Blazicken

Sex on fire
James, he's like the most harmless villain ever (idk about the B/W-version though)

-beautifly-

1. May - such a sweet girl. :)

2. Ash - At times, he's overly confident,clueless,or obnoxious but overall, he's a great guy. You've got to admire his will to do anything for his friends and his determination.

2. Iris - She has that 'I'm cooler than you and you should know that' kind of attitude and I love it! :p

3. Barry - Funny guy! :)

5. Gary - well, old Gary. I loved the cockiness.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
From a PM I once sent:

Favorite character?... Hm... That is extremely difficult. As a little kid, when I first started watching Pokemon. I don't know about you, but I'm 15, and so I started watching Pokemon from the very first episode. I've really been touched by nearly all the characters. In the beginning, as a little boy, Ash was my favorite. A clueless little kid trying to become something great, just like me.

As I matured a bit, and probably more recently, I began to really enjoy Misty. Her tomboy and outgoing personality was entertaining and humorous, and I loved her relationship with Ash (PokeShipper forever). Though I am not attracted to her (that would be just wrong), she is nice to look at on screen and is the prettiest (in my opinion) of all the girls to ever be on the show.

I am currently re-watching through the entire Original Series (Kanto, Orange Islands, and Johto) and am currently on the tenth episode of Johto Journeys. This is where I've begun to really enjoy Brock. His resurgence after his absence in the Orange Islands is remarkable, as I find him to be even more humorous and enjoyable than Ash and Misty at times. The most recent episode I watched, "The Little Big Horn", was a totally Brock-focused episode, displaying his humor and talents as a breeder. It's my favorite Johto episode so far, and I'm really left wanting more (I've restricted myself to only watching three episodes every Saturday, so I don't go through to quickly and rush the experience).

Then there's James. Easily my favorite member on Team Rocket, he makes the Rocket crew tolerable for every episode (Meowth's good too, Jessie's meh). His humor, PERFECT voice-acting (Eric Stuart), and history make him an awesome character. Without James, Team Rocket just wouldn't be the same.

But you put me in a tough spot here... Hm... Well, I'll just do it. Can't think about it too much. Here:

munchlaxboy's Favorite Pokemon Characters
1. Ash/Misty
2. Brock
3. James

Okay okay, I couldn't decide my favorite. I just cannot choose Ash or Misty over the other. It's like choosing who your favorite parent is.

And the return of a character? Being that I don't watch the Anime anymore (every since Misty left I just gave up), pretty much the only way I WOULD return if Misty was brought back. If she was there for an entire season, I'm pretty sure I'd faint in all my Pokemon/PokeShipping glory.

Remmie

Favorite rivals (kinda forget them in my last post):
Barry.
Gary.
Bianca.
Nando.
Tobias.( I hope he is going to get back on the show).

Dattebayo

Banned
Dawn's my absolute favorite, no doubt:

- Wardrobe (from contest dress to cheerleading outfit to fashion dress)
- Only Shipping close to being canon (Pearlshipping)
- Potential appearance in SSB4 (since she's voted the best representation of the female trainer pre-B&W)
- Kimi no Soba de (needs to be added in one of SSB's soundtracks)
- One of the few female characters I like to see facing villains with Nightmare Fuel material (Ex: the Phantom Blot from Epic Mickey)
- Her voice (She should interact with deeper voices)

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
does Pika count??

Wanizaru

1. Iris-great new character, makes bw entertaining
2. Barry-funny, may be best rival aside from gary
3. Bianca -the next barry
4. James- Best and most sympathetic tr. character
5. Dento/Cilan-It's tasting time!!!
6. Brock- smart and mature one moment-pretty girl walks by-flirty idiot the next
7. Gary- 1st and best rival, had some good character devolpment
8. May- Before Iris came, she was the best female traveling companion; her and her noodles.

There's a reason I didn't choose Ash though he's gotten better over the years. Or especially Dawn and ESPECIALLY Piplup!
I'm sorry, does that count as bashing? It won't happen again.

Last edited:

RocketTwurpSLR

pokemonmaniacSLR
1.Misty (the anime had so much chemistry with mist)
2.Ash (no doubt he is funny when h)
3.TRio (they all deserve to be third)
4.dawn
5.brock (no doubt those nurse joy jokes are hallarious)
6. Paul (such an interesting charecter)
7.May she was as dence as ash and she had a sence of humor
8.drew very cool and romantic and he has a flygon
9.harley sooo hallarious he was like a 4th member of teamrocket but more rivalry and mean
10. gary come on he is ash's original rival i liked the stuck up brat gary but its nice that he has toned down a bit
11.barry how can younot leik barry he makes me laugh everytime he is on
---deciders
12. iris i like that shes has a sixth sence and pretends she's a grown up calling ash immatureXD
13. dento/cilan HMM HE IS VERY gentlemen-ly like
14. shooti/trip hes pretty cool
ill put iris, dento and shooti in the mix when i know them better
itll be iris vs may by the looks of it
this was very very very close vote by me
ill put iris, dento and shooti in the mix when i know them better
itll be iris vs may by the looks of it
this was very very very close vote by me

Last edited:

'Ferno

Top-Down Trainer
Favorite dude: Ash. He's awesome, and he's just an iconic character all around. Always runnin' around, challenging gymleaders, stopping the bad guys, saving the world- you name it. All the male characters I've ever used in the games, in every generation, have always been named Ash; it stemmed from when I was just getting into the series around the time Crystal came out; I knew jack squat about the games or the show at the time, and I saw that Ash was going through Johto at that point in the series. Naturally, I thought the male character with the hat was the same person, so I named him Ash. And, for whatever reason, maybe outta tradition, I always name the dude character Ash in my games, and I'll be doing it in my Black version as well.

Favorite chick: May. I may get chewed out here but consider me a May fan. I like her for the same reasons as alot of others (Cuteness, hotness *3*, personality, her big appetite etc.) I really liked her from the first time I saw her in the preview that the WB did for the Advance series way back in '03. I remember thinking "Wow, it really sucks that Misty's gone, but hey, I could get used her replacement. *v*" I even played through my first run on Sapphire as the girl character and named her May, despite being a dewd. I never did get used to Dawn though, she's also a great character but I really didn't feel like she had the same "connection" to Ash and brock that the previous girls had; she always felt rather distant to me, for some reason, as in, it never felt like she fully "integrated" with Ash and Brock.

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
:D

Dento- (big surprise, I know) Lol love his cheerful, relaxed personality. I also like the way he talks, plus his Pansage.

Iris- Probably my favorite female character, I love how she can be so obnoxious yet bold and adventurous. Also love the sixth sense X3

Ash- Main character. Though he's not as much my favorite character anymore I still like him in the show and he makes me laugh/smile.

May- How she started off not even liking Pokemon but growing into a fine Coordinator is what I liked most. I also like how she doubted herself often, but still managed to pull through

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I would have to say on this matter is...

May - She was the character that got me into Pokemon in the first place and also the fact of being afraid of Pokemon at first reminded me of myself when I was younger too.

Dawn - She was an awsome character at first and that it was also her Piplup that caused me to pick Piplup in Pearl version.

Iris - She is one of my major choices of picking White version because I want to fight against her to get my final badge in Unova.

Cilan - I don`t know another thing to say about him is that he has the cool sleek style of character.The other is that Pansage is my favorite of his respective the wise elemental monkey trio.

FaridXZA

hahahahaha.....my favourite character are

1.Ash Ketchum:he's kinda lame but i get to watch his every action through the pokemon world...anyway,i like most of his battle style especially when the sinnoh league...i really don't like hoenn league much cuz there aren't any challengging rival for ash like those gary and paul...he's kind toward pokemon made him a total child(which is why he won't aged as people became cruel as they aged...wahahahahaha....)

2.Pikachu:the loveable pokemon whose i TRIED to use in emerald but get beated up after a tough fight....I love the way he battles,his humorous pika-pika talk,his emotions which like a human being....I like him very much than the rats in this world...no offense...oh yeah and pikachu,keep yer tummy slim not like when yer chubby on the past decade ago..

3.Charizard:eventhough this pokemon is kinda pathetic,he's quite of my favourite pokemon and he's a really powerhouse inside ash's team...which I really don't interested with ash's charizard much since it doesn't had a signature move like blast burn....

4.Bayleef:WOW!!!this cute little baby just like my cat!she is so um...how u say...attrated?no...i forgot the word but my sis and I really like this babe!

5.Sceptile: ohohohoho....i love this cool lizard...he's like spiderman animal version...with his cool cutting scene,I can say he's the most cool pokemon I ever seen...

6.Infernape:the pokemon that i really really really fond off!!!this pokemon is soooooo cool which looks like a warrior to me and his moveset is the same as my infernape in the games....he looks like a lone warrior....bet he needs a mate....

7.oshawott:the most funniest and stupidiest(no offense)pokemon i ever seen...he can get serious some time then BOOM...gets all wishy washy again....I liked it when he slap his tummy which makes a drum sound....i hope he became dewott soon....can't wait when he can learn to use x-scissor....

8.sewaddle:since the first episode of BW,i imagine that ash catch a sewaddle and raised it to leavanny and it mates with sceptile(which is impossible!!!)then my hopes lose when ash capture a snivy...then few days later,i heard that ash got a sewaddle and OMG!!!MY PREDICTION IS TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOVE THIS WORM THE BESTZZZ!!!!he's gonna became a nanny when he evolves...rite?it say so in pokedex....

9.Brock:love it when he's starts to flirt girls...even girls that are consider to be ugly to me...I always laugh when max pulled his ear...he follows max while he's jumping bit by bit....man,funny moments....by now,i'm watching till hoenn BF....but i skips to the sinnoh league and watched from there until eps 10 of BW since it's getting kinda boring with Ash's inexperienced....man,he's a child anyway....

10.Max:i really likes how he acts during with ash like they are brothers...unlike brock and max...they are scary...~_~....

11.Paul: one of the best rival than all....umlike gary with his lousy pokemon....gary captures mostly weird pokemon types like poison/ground...all of that....paul is better but he's still a dumbass....he's staying at sinnoh rite...then why he started his journey OUTSIDE SINNOH!?!?with turtwig as his starter,it's kinda dumb....he's just like ash...learning from oppenent....like his counter shield.....love him!

so the most i liked is INFERNAPE AND SCEPTILE AND MR.ASH KETCHUM~~~~~