• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Character Thread

What is your favorite anime character from DPP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
1. Ash, because he's the main character and is just a kind of likable guy. (Through all the cheesy dialogue at least)

2. In terms of quality, Giovanni, since he's just kind of creepy but mysterious.

3. Gary. I loved hating him as a kid, at least before he turned into a nice guy.

4. Jessie, she's one of the few characters to sometimes get witty and some of the least childish lines in the entire anime.

alicetama

Pokabu <3
May- She's just awesome. She's funny, and she's an awesome coordinator. Watching her in contests was always a joy for me, and I was literally ecstatic when I figured out that she would be in 3 episodes of DP.

Paul- I <3 hating him. That, and his character is so... just so original to me. He was so cold to his Pokemon, there was a time that I believed he was apart of Team Galactic.

Drew- I seriously love this guy. He goes between criticizing and being friendly with May, and, he's so darn cute. <3 He and May are also my favorite couple. :3

James- if one of the members of TR would quit, it would be him. He's so loveable. And funny. And I absolutely love all the episodes that center around him.

Skyliner

Destruction to all
May and Brock
Why? I don't now.

pearlshipper101

i like cheese :)
my favorite female will be Dawn. shes nice. and thats all! XD
I all so like Alice even though she was only in Darkrai!
oh and ash would be my favorite male!;136;

Akagi

i have a wacked sis
I love saturn because he is my favorite member of team galactic which I love.

kickachu

Momentai!
I like Ash and Iris because of their awsome designs the writers did.

AmericanPi

Write on
- Misty. She's cool and is less girly than May and Dawn; thank goodness! She, in my opinion, has a lot more personality than May and Dawn.
- Max. Interesting and nerdy, kind of like me, but in a cool way.
- Nando. He's one of the few people who still like grass type pokemon despite their weaknesses. Stay strong, Grass types! I like grass types too, even though they are weak against my #1 favorite type, Flying. :p

LKH9

UberN00b
Dawn- She's cute, pretty, nice to Pokemons even if they are not hers, and she's the only feminine female character in Pokemon. Misty and May are both too boyish.

Brock- Funny as hell when he flirts with girls.

Nando- A damn cool guy.

Hunter J- The most awesome villain. :)

supernoob

Derpy and awesome!
well,lesse here.

james: he was my first fauvorite character. i dunno why, but hes the best.
even thoug hes evil and all, hes still caring and nice and hilarious.and,i does simply love all the pokemonm he caught (but not chimeco for some reason.).

drew: the first time i saw him i thought he was so awesome,and i wanted to be just like him (i was like 10 or somethin). and his super awesome roselia was simply awesome.

may: the hottest female character in the show,plus that she had a squirtel :3

nowadays, i like both iris and dent wery much. dunno why.

supernoob

Derpy and awesome!
ok,after watching all best wishes episodes i must now say that dent is my fauvorite character. hes awesome,hes a dandy plus that he must do everything with such grace. i find that really hilarious, and i really like his style.

plus that he has ishizumai! :3

Professor-Layton

Professor Quackenbush, the best cameo of a Groucho Marx character ever!

Blastoisestream

Dent: smart, calm, and cool. Plus he cooks way better then brock and has super cool hair!

Paul: also smart and unlike ash he has a plan and trains to win.;448;

yonexdude23

100% May, she had a great team of pokemon. Plus i like how she acted like a sister to not only max, but ash and brock also. she is a nice smart girl and it was fun seeing how she grew from a pokemon hating brat to a near top coordinator

EifieChan

Cold *** Honky
Paul/Shinji
He is THE coolest and will always be. Plus he's not a clone like all of the other trainers. (Ritchie Morrison Tyson Barry and all those other rivals that only appear once are all the same personality wise)

Umbreon9

It's been a while...
Okay... Let's start with...
Gary: He was just a true rival, but I feel like he helped Ash. After all would Ash have trained as hard if he had a worse rival?
Meowth (from TR): I have NO IDEA why.
James: Even though he's part of TR, he still has a heart and doesn't always want to do some of the things Jesse wants him to do.
BARRY: One of the funniest characters you're ever going to find, and I laugh every time I see him. I hope he appears again later... ;__;
Dento: I haven't seen Best Wishes yet, but I can already tell he'll be funny and awesome. (But not as funny as Barry)

Nyarth

That's right!
My favorites are...

Meowth: My number one favorite character is Meowth because I think he's a very interesting character with a complicated background. He also has a good heart, even if he is in Team Rocket...

Harley: He's hilarious xD and I loved it when he dressed like May.

Paul: I think Paul is the most intimidating rival so far, well either him or Shooti.

Barry: He bumps into EVERYONE.

Brock: He makes me laugh every time he tries to flirt with a pretty girl xD

I'm also really liking Dent and Iris as well. ^^

Last edited:

croagunk22

in order of main cast characters my favourites are
1)BROCK -he is what made the show for me he reminded me of my brother not the crazy flirting though
2)May - she was intresting and fresh introduced contests and i liked her original voice actress
3)Ash - i like him enough to be third he would be top but i cant stand him losing in the pokemon leagues
4)Misty- the original girl
5)Dawn - i never got into her character that much but she was ok
6)max
7)tracey- didnt have enough time to develop

and then best rival is paul favourite team rocket is jessie because she's so full of herself.

Remmie

Iris: My favorite alongside Dawn. They are both my number one.

Misty: Second place.

May: I can't stand her. She is annoying. (My apologies for all of May's fans. Please don't hurt me!)

Max: Ties with his sister. Sorry but I really don't like him. He is just as annoying has his sister. Once again sorry for Max's fans.

Cilan: He is just okay.

Brock: Same as Cilan.

Tracey: Between May and Brock. I don't have a too much high opinion of him. Probably because he doesn't do a lot.