• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Character Thread

I think this is a pretty interesting question given how long the anime has lasted thus far and how many different characters with different personalities have been introduced.

For me, it's James/Kojiro and Meowth/Nyasu. Always lovable, goofy, and interesting, although I'm not happy with the direction the BW Series has taken them in thus far, personally. Looks like Episode N may help me in that regard, though. ;)

Comment below and tell me who your favorite characters are!

Last edited:

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
My favourite Ash form is DP Ash. He's just at his mature peak and his team was just so successful. He also has a great hat, by the way. DP Ash is my favourite Ash form, yeah, sue me. But if we're talking about favourite character here, it has to be PikaHikari. I loved her character so much that I sat through DP without minding the fillers. I loved her Pochama as well. Dawn is my favourite travelling companion, and I felt really sad when Dawn left by the end of DP. I remember the Serebii's next in Japan: Friendship is Diamond, Memories are Pearl or something, I was like... :(. I loved her character and she developed so much throughout Sinnoh.

Of BW, my favourite character was Bianca. She was just really clumsy and hilarious at times. Her gag of bumping-into-Ash-and-crashes-into-body-of-water never gets old for me. I loved how she actually developed throughout the saga, turning from noob, to amateur to a good battler that could collect eight badges.

EDIT: Okay, the tally thingy is just unfair because I liek Bel. Besides you edited it in when I was making this post.

Last edited:
Nice! Also, cool that your favorite incarnation of Ash is DP Ash. He was really mature in that saga, and had come up with some great strategies. He's personally my least favorite incarnation thus far, though, but it's just me. :)

Edit: You're right, it is unfair. I just decided to get rid of it.

Last edited:
Nice guys!

LizardonX

Banned
My favorite character would be Piplup. In order to prevent flames of but he isn't a person I vote Jon Dixion. A perfect example of what a champion should be.

My favorite character would be Piplup. In order to prevent flames of but he isn't a person I vote Jon Dixion. A perfect example of what a champion should be.

Cool. Sounds good. :)

Steelrush

Banned
From the Kanto region; I would say that it would be a tie between Brock and Gary. My reasons for enjoying Brock are most likely identical to that of most of his fans. As for Gary, I didn't always enjoy him (his ego annoyed me when I was a kid), but I liked his later persona better, because it seems like his arrogance had disappeared in the D/P episode I saw him in.

As for the Orange Islands portion of the anime, I would pick Tracey. Though I didn't really like his "I have to sketch this!" line, I still found him to be very interesting of a character, and if Cilan doesn't come along with Ash after the BW series ends, I'd prefer to see Tracey once again.

Coming from the Johto region, I'd say Jimmy/Gold. My reasons for favoring him can't be coherently explained, as it's not entirely rational. I found him to be an enjoyable protagonist, and if Ash should ever be replaced, I would vote for him to be the next featured character.

From the Hoenn region, Max is in that place. Even though he can be a little annoying (the egotism), I find him to be comical at times and a likable character. Although I wouldn't send the anime's writing staff letters demanding that he returns to the main cast, I don't mind the idea of him returning.

As for the Sinnoh region, I pick Cynthia. XD

From the Unova region, my favorite character so far is Bianca, even though she's considerably unintelligent. I still think she's funny and I like the appearance she has in BW 2.

Though I'd have to watch more of the episodes to see more of the characters, these are my favorites at the present time. XD

Last edited:
From the Kanto region; I would say that it would be a tie between Brock and Gary. My reasons for enjoying Brock are most likely identical to that of most of his fans. As for Gary, I didn't always enjoy him (his ego annoyed me when I was a kid), but I liked his later persona better, because it seems like his arrogance had disappeared in the D/P episode I saw him in.

As for the Orange Islands portion of the anime, I would pick Tracey. Though I didn't really like his "I have to sketch this!" line, I still found him to be very interesting of a character, and if Cilan doesn't come along with Ash after the BW series ends, I'd prefer to see Tracey once again.

Coming from the Johto region, I'd say Jimmy/Gold. My reasons for favoring him can't be coherently explained, as it's not entirely rational. I found him to be an enjoyable protagonist, and if Ash should ever be replaced, I would vote for him to be the next featured character.

From the Hoenn region, Max is in that place. Even though he can be a little annoying (the egotism), I find him to be comical at times and a likable character. Although I wouldn't send the anime's writing staff letters demanding that he returns to the main cast, I don't mind the idea of him returning.

As for the Sinnoh region, I pick Cynthia. XD

From the Unova region, my favorite character so far is Bianca, even though she's considerably unintelligent. I still think she's funny and I like the appearance she has in BW 2.

Though I'd have to watch more of the episodes to see more of the characters, these are my favorites at the present time. XD

Nice list. Good points for all of your favorite characters! :)

I like Max as well: he's pretty interesting to say the least. ;)

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
My favorite characters... hmmm

Kanto: Has to be Ash. I watched Kanto when I was younger, much younger. So the nostalgia stayed, and Ash and his Kanto personality. Though the chemistry between him, Misty and Brock was amazing.
Johto: Gary. His Johto personality was epic, and even though he appeared only now and then, I liked how mature he had gotten.
Hoenn: Tyson. My favorite rival, I absolutely love him xD
Sinnoh: I liked Ash and Paul. Really mature Ash was good, and Paul only helped his maturity.
Unova: I like Ash and Cilan mainly, but Stephan too. Ash has his Kanto personality kinda, so I guess the nostalgia factor from Kanto is here too. Cilan is just funny, and I just like Stephan :p Also like Bianca.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Dento's my all time fave because he's amazing, bishounen, and just plain adorkable~ (and he likes science 8D). Second favorite would be Max, because I loved his movie, his snarky comments and his LURV for Science. Plus he's like the book smartest character...probably almost up to Dento's knowledge. X3 But I'll go through the regions as well~

Kanto/OS: It's between Ash and Misty. I'd say Ash though, I admired that guy. I got morbidly embarrassed when he'd do something stupid because I thought he was smart and amazing. XDD As for Misty she was my idol. I remember I found her so cool. :3

Hoenn: Already said Max, so either May or Drew. I would always draw them, they are what got me to draw humans. X3 Anyway I liked May because she would fight with Max and have sibling rivalries. Her naive-ness towards Pokemon always made me smile. Drew he has flipping green hair. I also enjoyed Ash a lot here. Mature, but not quite.

Sinnoh: Barry and Paul. Barry's like me. My friends called me Barry for a long time, I gotta love the guy. X3 Paul was apathetic, but he was an interesting character and I enjoyed his rivalry with Ash.

Unova: (Not gonna count Dento) Iris, Bianca and Kotetsu. I like how nature oriented Iris is, and that she has Kibago in her hair. I also like her snarky behavior. Bianca...my sister. Especially her trying to grab and dress up Zorua...yeah that's me all right. XD Kotetsu coz he's awesome and makes me lul.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Kanto/OS: Misty and Brock, both were great characters during this time.
AG: Ash would be my favorite in this series, his personality had a mix of humor along with becoming more mature as a character during this time.
DP: Dawn is my all-time favorite character in the franchise, she has great character development and had a cute, girly personality. I love everything about her pretty much. Also, Barry was my favorite rival in this series and Paul and Ash were pretty awesome in this series as well, because of their rivalry plot and the great battles both of them had.
BW: Iris is currently my favorite BW character, I also like Bianca and Cilan alot too.

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
Kanto/Johto: TR and Brock. =P
Orange Islands: Tracey Yes I liked Tracey D8
Hoenn: May and Drew.
Sinnoh: Dawn, Ash, and Zoey.
Unova:....You people dun know me well if I have to say this D8 Iris and Georgia. :)

Bluelatios*

Aw, no poll? Oh well, my favorites is a three way tie between Ash, Brock, and Misty (4kids era of course). Brock is pretty much Ash's best buddy aside from Pikachu. He's smart, dependable, and humorous. He cooks great food and fights a great Pokemon battle. What more can ya want? ^_^. Misty is similar to Brock, she's always been a dependable friend to Ash and will follow him (with much lolzy teasing) into just about any sometimes crazy, sometimes wonderful adventure. She shows a lot of knowledge and passion for Pokemon; for water types, the cute little 'mons, and the awe-inspiring beautiful ones. Simply put, they were fortunate to be in a memorable era of purpose-driven adventure, which made them memorable characters.

And of course, I can't forget good ol' Ash, the star of the show. He loves Pokemon, stops at nothing no matter how hard, and with determination and vigor, follows his dreams. Sure, the writers have thrown some curve balls here and there, but honestly, where would Pokemon be without him? Rock on, Ketchum.

Last edited:

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
Mine is still Tracey, he's funny (especially with how he sometimes teased Ash and Misty), pretty erratic, AND he was the only character to ever achieve his goal (other people can only DREAM about doing so). He's also a great artist :)

LizardonX

Banned
Mine is still Tracey, he's funny (especially with how he sometimes teased Ash and Misty), pretty erratic, AND he was the only character to ever achieve his goal (other people can only DREAM about doing so). He's also a great artist :)

Yeah considering his goal is to meet oak compared to everyone else's much more difficult goals I wouldn;t call it much.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Kanto: Misty and Brock.
Orange Islands: Tracey Yes, I like Tracey. He wasn't an awful character
Johto: Casey (the girl who loved baseball)
Hoenn: May and Drew
Sinnoh: Ash, Dawn, Ursula, and Paul.
Unova: Iris, Cilan, and Georgia.

Yeah, those are mine.

Last edited:

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
Personally

#1 : Trip : He's genius, well-trained, but his lack appearance and his other Pokemon made me cry. But I still idolize him.

#2 : Iris. She's quite great female character. She's very active and lovable.

Generally, I like 12 Characters in BW series (since I follow Best Wishes series when I was graduated in high school)

# 1 : Trip : He's freakin' genius cute guy. I can't say anything but Trip is my top favorite male character in Pokemon Anime.

# 2 : Iris : She's wild, reminds with myself.

# 3 : Bianca : Cutest and best female rival that I've seen.

# 4 : Cameron : Herp guy, he reminds with Stoner Stanley :D

# 5 : Georgia : Great rival, but lack development character.

# 6 : Luke : A Megane (?)

# 7 : Ash Ketchum : Main character :D, just respect!

# 8 : Cilan : Bishounen :D

# 9 : Montgomery : Well-looking guy, I hope he makes come back.

# 10 : Virgil : I don't have any reasons but I hope he gets more character development.

# 11 : Burgundy : Spoiled character, but I like it. More development character, I wish.

# 12 : Stephan : Interesting fat guy :D