• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Character Thread

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
LMAO the discussion over Iris really made my day, I didn't knew liking Iris was this much of a sin

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Liking Max is the only sin imo lmao, everyone else is quite likable to me.

I didn't outright hate Max but I don't really like him that much. If we're being honest he's almost no less obnoxious than Bonnie, it's just Bonnie's was more settle

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Lillie is my favorite, followed by Dawn, Lana, Paul, Iris, Brock (in Kanto and SM), Misty (in SM), and Ash (in AG).

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
LMAO the discussion over Iris really made my day, I didn't knew liking Iris was this much of a sin

Yeah, like that's your opinion man, why people gotta hate on others liking fictional characters

ANYWAY

Mallow's too fun to watch for me despite her not really doing much at all in the time we've gotten to know her - she's really energetic and her Steenee is too cute, again despite doing barely anything.

I pretty much enjoy all of the SM cast (even Sophocles) but Mallow stands out more to me and I'm really interested in seeing where she goes (if she gets going). I was a little hesitant on Lillie but since the latest Japanese episodes (no spoilers here) I've grown really fond of her character.

Rajas

I didn't outright hate Max but I don't really like him that much. If we're being honest he's almost no less obnoxious than Bonnie, it's just Bonnie's was more settle

Something about him really made me dislike him like to the point where I felt the journey would be better without him and May would have just grown better without him there. As for Bonnie, she really annoyed me after Squishy came around, before I found her adorable and still respectful to the older ones especially Clemont. After Squishy though she got really bratty and felt she was way above her age which annoyed me.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Something about him really made me dislike him like to the point where I felt the journey would be better without him and May would have just grown better without him there. As for Bonnie, she really annoyed me after Squishy came around, before I found her adorable and still respectful to the older ones especially Clemont. After Squishy though she got really bratty and felt she was way above her age which annoyed me.

May and Max always felt like equals in a sense and had occasional fights that were mutual. Despite me barely paying attention to XY (minus important episodes) I always got the vibe that Bonnie ran all over Clemont and from I've seen/heard he never called her out on it

Rajas

Shh we don't say that name here, it's the forbidden word

He who must not be named..

May and Max always felt like equals in a sense and had occasional fights that were mutual. Despite me barely paying attention to XY (minus important episodes) I always got the vibe that Bonnie ran all over Clemont and from I've seen/heard he never called her out on it

I think his know it all attitude became tedious to me after a while especially since he never seemed to actually learn from his mistakes in assuming things. As for the Bonnie thing, she was not so overbearing initially so it was a cute little sister thing but when she did though, I really wanted Clemont to call her out, she could have gotten them killed on numerous occasions for being reckless which pissed me off as there were simpler ways to solve the problems.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I got that vibe, too, and I watched all of XY. I was rather annoyed that Clemont rarely called Bonnie out on her behavior and instead let his sister walk all over him, but I consider that a character flaw of Clemont's, rather than of Bonnie's. Regardless, I still found Bonnie's behavior rather annoying at times, especially when she was the focus character. However, I won't harp on that here, since this is a thread for characters we like, not characters we dislike.

As for my favorite characters... Well, Ash is, and probably always will be, my absolute favorite character. Honestly, he is the reason I watch the anime. I enjoy watching his journey and seeing the friends, both human and Pokémon, he makes along the way. I've always liked his character, even when he was at his stupidest.

Among the current cast of supporting characters, I would have to say Lillie is my favorite, especially after the most recent Japanese episodes (I won't go into detail here, since this isn't the Spoilers section). Something about her character is just really appealing to me.

Rajas

I got that vibe, too, and I watched all of XY. I was rather annoyed that Clemont rarely called Bonnie out on her behavior and instead let his sister walk all over him, but I consider that a character flaw of Clemont's, rather than of Bonnie's. Regardless, I still found Bonnie's behavior rather annoying at times, especially when she was the focus character. However, I won't harp on that here, since this is a thread for characters we like, not characters we dislike.

As for my favorite characters... Well, Ash is, and probably always will be, my absolute favorite character. Honestly, he is the reason I watch the anime. I enjoy watching his journey and seeing the friends, both human and Pokémon, he makes along the way. I've always liked his character, even when he was at his stupidest.

Among the current cast of supporting characters, I would have to say Lillie is my favorite, especially after the most recent Japanese episodes (I won't go into detail here, since this isn't the Spoilers section). Something about her character is just really appealing to me.

I forgot to even talk about that lmao, Ash is definitely my favorite character, I don't think I'd watch Pokemon without him at this point. He and Pikachu are everything. My favorite characters after him would be Serena, Brock and Lillie is quickly rising up there.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia

I think that's I don't/didn't care about Max being "obnoxious" in sense because he was no more than Bonnie. It was just his version of it was being a know-it-all. And even then sometimes May would check him. I didn't get that all with Bonnie and Clemont, it just seems Bonnie ran wild pulling Clemont as he's holding her leech.
And agreed Lillie is truly one the best characters the anime has had had in awhile and I'm interested to see more of her and her mother's relationship.

Rajas

I think that's I don't/didn't care about Max being "obnoxious" in sense because he was no more than Bonnie. It was just his version of it was being a know-it-all. And even then sometimes May would check him. I didn't get that all with Bonnie and Clemont, it just seems Bonnie ran wild pulling Clemont as he's holding her leech.
And agreed Lillie is truly one the best characters the anime has had had in awhile and I'm interested to see more of her and her mother's relationship.

Honestly, in the Flare arc, if I had a sister like Bonnie, I'd have slapped her :/. She did not listen to Clemont, to her father. Wtf.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Honestly, in the Flare arc, if I had a sister like Bonnie, I'd have slapped her :/. She did not listen to Clemont, to her father. Wtf.

I honestly think the only person I found likeable during the XY saga (group wise) was Clemont and I even thought his inventions exploding got almost as annoying as Cilans food puns. And I agree the fact he never checked Bonnie was cringe

Rajas

I honestly think the only person I found likeable during the XY saga (group wise) was Clemont and I even thought his inventions exploding got almost as annoying as Cilans food puns. And I agree the fact he never checked Bonnie was cringe

I suppose that's where we differ in that I liked Ash and Serena a lot and liked Clemont (his scene with Clembot dying was top notch though imo) up to certain points just like Bonnie. I agree with the cringe in her attitude and Clemont just letting her run amok because Squishy *rolls eyes*.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
I suppose that's where we differ in that I liked Ash and Serena a lot and liked Clemont (his scene with Clembot dying was top notch though imo) up to certain points just like Bonnie. I agree with the cringe in her attitude and Clemont just letting her run amok because Squishy *rolls eyes*.

Yeah Clembot plot was emotional but I got slightly tired of repetitive unfunny gags so I guess that's why I wasn't all that amused with "SCIENCE IS SO AMAZING" or the constant explosions. I also found it corny how he always had an invention built for irregular events. Granted Clemont did grow a lot during XY and I can't deny that.

Rajas

Yeah Clembot plot was emotional but I got slightly tired of repetitive unfunny gags so I guess that's why I wasn't all that amused with "SCIENCE IS SO AMAZING" or the constant explosions. I also found it corny how he always had an invention built for irregular events. Granted Clemont did grow a lot during XY and I can't deny that.

Haha yeah the names of inventions and stuff were a bit meh to me at times.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Last time I checked, this was called 'Favorite Character Thread'. You know, 'favorite' as in 'the one you like most'. Emphasis on 'like'.