1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Character Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Polls' started by PokemonNation2000, Jan 1, 2013.

1. MusicFan22

MusicFan22 Active Member

I enjoy:

Ash: His optimism is what is admirable about him. I love how kind he is to his Pokémon and how he surpassed his rivals. He teaches kids to never give up on their dreams no matter how many times you fail.

Misty: Her being a water gym leader and a tomboy is what intrigued me about her. Her temper and outbursts towards Ash and Brock were hilarious. I even don’t blame her for getting angry with Ash for destroying her bike (those things cost a fortune in the games & I couldn’t buy one even with cheats XD).

Dawn: She is super sweet, and she’s a realistic character. She shows that not everyone will win everything and you may have to lose many times to really become the best you can be. Her Pokémon (Quilava, Piplup, and Buneary) are awesome as well.

Iris: She is the most controversial out of the three Pokegirls I like, but I enjoyed seeing her aim higher to be a good dragon master. She may have been annoying with her condescending attitude, but she did care about Ash and considered him a real friend. It was also awesome that she became the champion in Black2/White2 super sweet & I wish she would return as a champion in the anime.

Brock: The big brother of Ash and co. He’s smart, can cook, and is hilarious when he hits on women only to be pulled away from Misty/Max/Croagunk.

Clemont: He’s intelligent and a competent gym leader/trainer. He’s also mature for his age and a good big brother to Bonnie. I love his inventions and how Ash was so easily impressed with them XD.

2. 345ash-greninja

345ash-greninja Leader Of The Dai-Gurren

Updated Favourite Character List:

1) Ash (excluding his early OS, BW & SM versions)

2) Serena

3) Dawn

4) Paul

5) Brock

6) May

7) Clemont

8) Bonnie

9) Sawyer

10) Gary

Honorable mentions: Cynthia, Lillie, Gladion, Steven and Diantha.

Updated Favourite Ash's Pokemon List:

1) Ash's Pikachu

2) Ash's Greninja

3) Ash's Charizard

4) Ash's Infernape

5) Ash's Bulbasaur

6) Ash's Squirtle

7) Ash's Sceptile

8) Ash's Hawlucha

9) Ash's Krookodile

10) Ash's Buizel

Honourable mentions:

Ash's Lycanroc, Ash's Gliscor, Ash's Heracross, Ash's Goodra and Ash's Snivy.

Updated Favourite non-Ash Pokemon List:

1) Cynthia's Garchomp

2) Paul's Electivire

3) Mewtwo (OS)

4) May's Blaziken

5) Dawn's Buneary

6) Sawyer's Sceptile

7) Brock's Croagunk

8) Serena's Braixen

9) Diantha's Gardevoir

10) Dawn's Ambipom

Can't think of any honorable mentions here.

3. Brock - He was Ash's most reliable friend because he could clean, cook, tend to sick Pokemon, and he had a knack for falling in love with pretty girls. He was one of the best characters because he was a balance of tough and funny.

Dawn - She had a great character arc in which she competed in Contests and set out to surpass her mother and even though she never managed to do that, her character grew a lot and I thought she had a cute sounding voice.

Clemont - He had a zany personality that was a mix of nerdy and funny and his interactions with his sister were memorable. His Gym fight with Ash in Lumiose was one of the better Gyms in Kalos and I liked his Chespin too.

saradanaruto likes this.
  4. UDI

UDI Orange Hero

Human characters

1- Ash but mainly DP and SM
    2- Dawn
    3- Brock
    4- tie with Lillie and May
    5- James
    6- Paul
    7- Kiawe
    8- Clemont
    9- Misty
    10- Cilan

Pokemon

1- Ash's Pikachu
    2 - Ash's Infernape
    3- tie with Ash's Bulbasaur and Dawn's Piplup
    4- Meowht
    5- tie with Ash's Charizard and Sceptile
    6- tie with Misty's Psyduck and Brock's Croagunk
    7- Ash's Rowlet
    8- Dawn's Quilava
    9- Ash's Greninja
    10- Jessie's Mimikyu

Togekiis and saradanaruto like this.
  5. saradanaruto

saradanaruto Uchiha

Cilan: Sooo hilarious and funny. He's the only person I know who would go to every single train station and collect stamps from them XD His food puns crack me up and also he's a little bit like May, sometimes it seems like he needs Ash to save him hahaha. His evaluation time is literally just him insulting people and it seems like only Iris and Burgundy get that haha. He's so arrogant and I don't think he even knows it.To be honest it's because of him I loved BW so much.

Lunalah likes this.
  6. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

Serena ❤️

Perijune likes this.
  7. NesRemix

NesRemix Well-Known Member

Bonnie and Clemont are the greatest support characters we've had after Kanto-era Brock. Kiawe is cool and I liked Cilan, but Bonnie/Clemont have the best dynamic ever.

Bonnie is one of the best written characters in the animes history. She had all the traits of Misty/May/Dawn wrapped into one character, she had tons of great and funny scenes in most episodes, great development, and of course the Tyranturum and Squishy/Zygarde finale are some of the most memorable and emotional eps in the animes entire history.

Seriously, I just can't get over how good Bonnie was. Especially since most of us were not expecting much out of her when XY first started.

I hope we see them again someday, if not, the special they had with Cilan was a good sendoff.

Ubermuk and J.Agera like this.
  8. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I'll at least admit that Eureka was well-written and had chemistry with all the other cast members in Kalos. One of the flaws that Citron had was that while he had great scenes with Satoshi and Eureka, but didn't interact much with Serena. Eureka was the only well-rounded character in that group as far as interactions with other characters is concerned. She even had great moments with Nyasu.

9. SerenaRulez

SerenaRulez Well-Known Member

Serena is my favorite character but it depends on the episodes. I liked her when she had longer hair in the beginning of Kalos but once she cut it I thought she looked too different although I still really liked her character arc! I just thought she should look prettier while she did Showcases.

Ubermuk and BabaVanga like this.
  10. AznKei

AznKei Badass girls saving their boyfriends. XD

For a companion who doesn't know what to do from the beginning, and despised her mother profession, I would say that Serena had a significant development. Sure, there's issues on how she was handled, especially with the notorious unfinished battles and the rushed Showcases routines from the writers, but when determined she would stand pretty well on her own, in which I based my Serena fan project from. I don't care about Ash, so I don't care about Amourshipping and I like her original look, as I thought the current look wasn't really consistent sometimes.

SerenaRulez and BabaVanga like this.
  11. ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN

ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN Well-Known Member

Since I consider Pokemon as a character as well. My favourite recent character would be Gou's Hibbany. Such a personality and cutie xD

Leonhart likes this.
  12. PokemonBattleFanatic-

PokemonBattleFanatic- Standby for Battle!

Top 10 Human Characters
    1.Paul
    2.Gary
    3.AG Ash (Hoenn)
    4.Drew
    5.Harley
    6.OS Ash (Kanto)
    7.OS Brock (Kanto)
    8.OS Misty (Kanto)
    9.Georgia
    10.Barry

Top 10 Pokemon
    1.Ash's Charizard
    2.Paul's Electivire
    3.Ash's Sceptile
    4.Paul's Torterra
    5.Paul's Ursaring
    6.Ash's Swellow
    7.Ash's Bulbasaur
    8.Ash's Squirtle
    9.Paul's Drapion
    10.Alain's Charizard

Leonhart and PorcelainVulpix like this.
  13. J.Agera

J.Agera Reborn

1. Serena
    2. Ash Ketchum (till XY)
    3. Alain/Paul
    4. May
    5. Clemont
    6. Bonnie
    7. Brock
    8. Drew
    9. Dawn (not a fan of her design tbh)
    10. Lillie

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    Leonhart likes this.
  14. emboar609

emboar609 New Member

Ash (depending on the series): The enthusiasm, the childlike optimism, the childishness of his impulsive tendencies and utter density on certain subjects, the undeserved cockiness and stumbling of the early part of the OS giving way to earned confidence and skill by the end of DP (and the OS-DP Ash does come across as one character, developed along more-or-less solid lines of plotting), his single-mindedness juxtaposed with a surprising altruism - he's a lot of fun as a character, and one with more range and depth than I think he's often credited for having. The soft reset of BW might be frustrating, and he may have been turned bland in XY/Z, but to go by the first three series, and now SM (which has also done a nice job at showing off some nice quirks of character by putting Ash in a more everyday setting), I think he's a great lead for the series.