• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Character Thread

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
1. Gary - I know I never shut up about this but he's the best, okay?!? I love his whole character arc of slowly bettering himself and not acting like as much of a jerk anymore lol, though early S1 is still great. He's just actually super cool. I swear if Journeys ends without him being at least mentioned, I'm going to be a sad, sad person. (I promise I'm not just one of the cheerleaders in disguise.)
I like Gary too! At first, I really didn't care for him, but his character really grew on me! My favorite thing about Gary is his character development. How he went from an arrogant know it all to a more humble and friendlier character and yet still kept his attitude. And it wasn't like he was rude and all of a sudden he was nice.

I hope he returns in Journeys too!

Lacuna

Goodnight
I like Gary too! At first, I really didn't care for him, but his character really grew on me! My favorite thing about Gary is his character development. How he went from an arrogant know it all to a more humble and friendlier character and yet still kept his attitude. And it wasn't like he was rude and all of a sudden he was nice.

I hope he returns in Journeys too!
Hey you get it! It makes me so happy hearing that other people like him too! I totally agree, the way that his shift in personality was written was handled really well. I feel like all his appearances in the Johto seasons were sorta leading up to when he had that change of heart at the end of OS, so it didn't feel out of nowhere at all.

It's been almost 11 years, so one can only hope he gets another appearance sooner or later...

Applecorp

I liked Gary alot when the show began but slowly he got boring because he was always making fun of Ash. And other than Gary winning 10 badges nothing that he did in Kanto was worth bragging about. Still he's one of my favorite rivals and all time best Kanto characters.

Morax

King of heroes
Perhaps, but if those rumored Diamond and Pearl remakes turn out to be true, I could easily see Dawn returning for an episode or two.
She is unlikely to meet ash again is what I meant by a "return" but she could get a special episode to herself.

After thinking about it, I like them all the same except

Cilan : I never felt sufficiently involved with his goal, his participation in BW seemed unnecessary, I would have preferred to see him as a gym leader, Not as a companion

May : In my opinion, she did not deserve much from the contests she won, that made me not take her too seriously

Lillie : I was disappointed as I expected a plot like the games

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
1. James
2.Meowth
3.Ash
4.Pikachu
5.Brock

are my favorites. I was sad when Brock left. Honestly I kinda wish Brock to be back as a companion.

RafaSceptile

Between the main characters I think my favorites are:
  1. Ash: I think is self-explanatory, the main character during more than 20 years (minus one episode)
  2. May: Having development during two regions instead of one is a big boost, she is like the Coordinator version of OS Ash, which was very interesting for a new concept
  3. Brock: Probably the most charismatic Ash's companion and the most iconic too, probably without many development before DP but still very fun to watch.
  4. James: Also one of the most charismatic Pokémon characters to date, he has some of the best Trainer-Pokémon relations, sometimes even better than Ash
  5. Professor Kukui: I love the father-son relationship with Ash and how he got development and backstory. Probably one of the biggest surprises for a main character.
Honorific mentions: Dawn, Clemont and Paul

Krackochu

Easy the try and true Pikachu will always be my favorite. But that's because of the bias I have for Pikachu as for human characters
1. Ash all versions
2. Kiawe I just enjoy seeing him he's great and can be serious when he needs to be.
3. Dawn her development was great
4. Goh finally another main protagonist. I can definitely get behind love his personality.
5. Cilan: amazing and delectable
6. Brock/Clermont loved them both equally
7. Steven still can't say his name right.