• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Character Thread

Kanto

Misty - She's my all time favorite. She's the one who got me into Water Pokemon. I loved her attitude towards things that she didn't like. For instance, bugs. I did like how she pretended to hate Psyduck, but deep down, she really cared for her Psyduck.

Johto

Falker - In both the games and anime, this dude is crazy about Flying Pokemon. He states that he doesn't like how people tear down Flying Pokemon due to their Electric weakness. He may be kind of crazy, but he's the cool crazy.

Jasmine - She's so nice in the games, but in the anime she's strict, I like how she told her apprentence about training her Pokemon. Adding to that, her Steelix is killing.

Clair - She's one tough woman. She reminds me of Android 18 with her attitude. She uses Dragonair, Gyarados, and Kingdra. That's all you need to have to get on my good side. :)

Hoenn

Harley - This dude is awesome. He was so funny to me when I was younger, when he dressed up as May, I died.

Brawly - Surfer dude with a laid back attitude, that's enough.

Juan - He liked to show off the elegance of his Water. Two things I love, elegance and Water Pokemon.

Sinnoh

Fantina - She gave Ash a run for his money with Drifblim, it was totally awesome with her Hypnosis. She's the reason why he created the counter shield. And I liked when she tilted her back every time she gained the advantage.

Cynthia - The first female Champion. In the games, she's tough as nails and took me a long time to finally beat her. And in the anime she's undefeated with her Garchomp.

Paul - Comaship nuff said.

Ursula - My favorite rival of all time. She's epic with her combinations. She always cornered Dawn in the Contests, but lost in the end. :(

Unova

Bianca - Ditzy people are awesome. And she's a blonde too. Epic. :D

Marlon - A laid back Water Pokemon Gym Leader. That's all I need to hear.

Burgundy - Dangnabbit. She'll win a battle. I guarantee it.

Virgil- He has all Eeveelutions. This freaking epic. I hope he wins the League. D:

Last edited:

Silvia

ღ ===ℓσνє===ღ
Kanto: Misty and Brock.
Hoenn: May
Sinnoh: Ash, Ursula, Barry, and Paul.

Last edited:

Solacen

I dont know if i can say i have one or two specific characters that are my favourite. Ive got a list! :p Just as i have a (longer) list of fav pokemon chars hehe. In no particular order :

Pre-Unova Ash
Dawn (yup im a Dawn fan :p)
May and Max as a pair
Nando
Paul (You cant help but love to hate him. The way he made Ash actually work hard to win made him such a good rival).
Cynthia
Pre-Sinnoh James
Wattson
Zoey

Plus theres probably some minor characters that belong on the list too.

pokemon fan 132

There are many characters i like. Ash. May and Brock are pretty high on my list, but my all time favorite to this day is still Misty (for some Kasumi).

I grew up with this character and enjoyed in her personality having many different sides and quirks which made her complete and likable. In my opinion she had the best chemistry with group,providing many entertaining and funny moments making this show more interesting.

Various quirks ,smart alec jokes, hotheaded nature along with unique relationship with pokemon like Psyduck contributed to great and enjoyable chemistry between characters bringing lot of humor, tension, fierce clash and drama providing to this show certain signature, charm which is lacking in these days.

In my eyes none of girls which came after her didn't managed to encapsulate emotions and interactions between other characters in such genuine and memorable way like Misty did.

I liked change through which she went,turning out from a girl who was short tempered erupting over every little thing to mature and more responsible person. Later down the road as she started to gradually mature,different sides of personality and quirks were revealed showing that character had much more to it gaining more substance.

She wasn't typical "happy go lucky character" showing how she feels in certain moments with dynamics often providing aside from lighthearted nature certain serious edge to them . Big determination and that fire in her fighting hard for everything she accomplished encouraging others to believe in themselves and their dreams with sad background growing in others shadow(like sisters) being put down only gave note of realism to everything. Likewise meet with Ash and Brock made her value importance of friendship and unity becoming more open as person providing big moral support helping Ash's growth as trainer along with having several notable achievements.

I also liked how she established great relationship with several characters(like Sakura, Egan, Marina ,Egan etc) ,how she found courage to defeat Gyarados fear, managed to gain sisters respect and save gym, had several wins and memorable moments during her run with her skills as water trainer being recognized. Her comeback in Hoenn in light of more competent and mature trainer who had Gyarados under her wing, while keeping that feisty charm and snarky side of hers was only testament to this.

Another thing which stand out to me is that she was only main character so far who trained one type wanting to become best trainer with them, learn everything she can to become water pokemon master one day.Whole dream being unexplored and undefined added that mysterious quality to Misty allowing writers to have multiple directions through which they could take whole thing which unfortunately didn't happened.

Naturally i would lie if i said how i wouldn't want to see her back missing that playful, flaunting dynamic and i also feel she had untapped potential left with writers not developing her as much as they could leaving several things about her goal, story, ambitions unexplored and unfinished.

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
The Invincible Pokemon Brothers, Seymour the Scientist, Max, Tracey, (Kanto-era) Brock. I'm not so familiar with the anime, but those are my favorites. Cilan isn't so bad, either, from what I've seen of him.

Edit: I also like Stephan. Chigusa (from one of the Johto episodes: "Two Hits and a Miss") ain't bad, either.

Last edited:

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
Favorite character...

Gary...ohhhhh goddness Gary~ -fans self-
Gary Gary he's our man if he can't do it no one can ;D

I also do have a soft spot for Indigo Leauge Ash Misty and Brock. I liked Ashes design back then for some reason. When I was young, like 8, I had my first anime crush in the form of Ash >//< I'm still embarrassed about that to this day.

Niek993

Someoneinthisbigworl
My favorite favorite Pokemon characters would be: Pikachu,Piplup,Oshawott,Axew,Scraggy and squirtle Because I like pokemon characters :D

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Cynthia, Dawn (how could she not be on here? <3) Ash through out all of his journey, pikachu, chimchar, cilan, brock.

All these characters gave me the entertainment I wanted, and I really liked their personalities. Though keep in mind this is alot more based on personal preference and relatability rather then what character was done well.

adamfitz

poké-lover
My favorite character would be dawn.
I really got to know dawn and watch her grow
Hasn't been the same with iris.

I also really loved the old team rocket!
And wobuffet!!!

charizard:Luvr

Flame Trainer
Its PIKACHU because of the way he imitates other Pokemon sometimes...

lavulin

My favorite character is Iris. I simply love her, also Dent is my second favorite.

Elnava

The Successor!
Gary, Misty, Brock, May, Cynthia, Hoenn Ash, Sinnoh Ash, Fantina, Sabrina

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
Now that I saw at least some of each series, here's my full list:

Kanto- AJ, Meowth, Duplica. AJ is one of the best COTDs in the anime, Meowth is funny, and the brains of the operation, and Duplica's character is formed around a gimmick, but it works.
Orange- Tracey. I don't want this to be way too long so I'm just gonna say he's the best.
Johto- Meowth and Duplica again, see above.
Hoenn- Max and Timmy. The former was funny, as well as smart, while the latter had a great backstory (I just hated his sendoff)
Sinnoh- Holly, it was funny how she rejected Brock, and then he grew on her soon afterwards. Only reason I watched the whole Tag Battle arc.
Unova- Trip: He's not invincible until the end, and he has personality.
Burgundy: She's funny, and her evaluations are even better than Cilan's - I just hate how she's treated.
Iris: Now we have a not bubbly girl, AND though she's a sidekick, she doesn't exist solely to say how great Ash is on the sidelines...
Team Rocket: Trio- Their serious personality was a much needed change after years of the same routine...
Giovanni- He HAS to be on the list
Zager- Passionate about what he does. Though I don't think Giovanni would do some of what he does...I'm sure he at least appreciates it, though.
Matori- Mysterious, badass (although I don't like that word) chick who works as...Giovanni's secretary lol. Wish she appeared more.

Overall: Tracey, with either AJ or Burgundy or Trip at 2nd.

Think I missed someone...

Hikatoshi26

My favorite depends on the series.

OS- Ritchie, Brock (I liked how Ritchie was a more mature Ash and Brock was always entertaining for me.)

Johto- Misty (This was prolly the most useful misty was.)

Hoenn- May( I was in love with May until DP)

Sinnoh- Dawn and Jesse (Dawn is the reason i no longer care for May and Jesse's contest episodes were always entertaining.

Unova- Bianca and Ash (Ash is by default, Bianca was a cool character that I wished they developed her a little bit more.)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'd like to add N to the list of my favorite characters because he is an interesting character and I enjoyed it (though most of that has to do with his game counterpart, ya know?)