• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Character Thread

Cool ones guys. I enjoyed hearing them. :)

Rayquaza07

King of Uber tier
Kanto:

Brock
Giovanni
Gary

Johto:

Misty
Lance
Harrison

Hoenn:

Steven Stone
Wallace

Sinnoh:

Paul
Cynthia

Haven't watched much of B/W so idk yet.

Last edited:

majormanafemale

im going to do this a bit diffrent then others.

human charcters:
favorite female main:Misty she was in first episode with Ash its just something that makes her special she is just likable not all recent companions are. i don't mind May.
Female 3rd party(apeared in 3 or more eps total):Daisy Misty's eldest sister she was given depthwithout over shadowing any main characters

main male: Brock in short when kanto came out in usa i was 14 year old girl. i no longer have said crush on him i still find him fun to watch.

3rd party male: Gary though he needs hair cut i found his strange double crush on ash and misty entertaining.

favorite sidekicks(apeared often in anime but not part of Ash's team aa hero team):
Team rocket not after hoenn. they were halrous late preteens to early teens. they were just in akward place emotionally that all social situations are funny yes im reffering to jessie and james

max i like him and hate him but he is cute little side kick which he only falls into as dosen't yet have pokemon to be on team hero

Drew the reactions he intetionally provked from May.

enjoyable pokemon:

pysuck funny
pikachu ketchup addict i am to
togepi oh this cleaver toddler introduced in gen before officail. lotad/lmbre/ludculo maybe stupid looking but its antics were halirous. munchlax is same deal as 1 before.

thats all my favoite charactes.

karczx

AG: May and Ash
DP: Dawn (my favorite character of all time) and Ash
BW: N, Bianca, Iris, Langley and Dent (gotta love Japanese seiyuu and their roles. Just love listening to their voices. For their flaws, they're okay for what they are.)

ParisTayla9

Pokemon Master
Ooh, a tricky one! I'd have to say Brock's [old] Vulpix, or Ash's Pikachu - for standing by him always <3 ;037;

J Ken

RAVE
My favorite characters are Gary, Paul and Trip.

Scolipedeluv

Squad member Ricchan
I like May, Bianca and Snivy the best
May because I found her to be a really good Coordinator also she's my favourite female main character, Bianca because I really her "Ditzy Airhead personality" and her role in Black and White 2 (sorry if thats getting off topic) and Snivy be because I really like her "I don't give a ****" personality also everytime I see Snivy she reminds "Hey I should be playing PokePark 2 something that's actually worth my time as opposed to watching the terrible anime".

Missingno
Cynthia, without a doubt. She's the kindest person in the anime and also one of the strongest. (I'd like to see that tournament Cynthia was talking about with all the champions battling each other. I think Cynthia would win, but I'm biased).

Favorite Rival: Trip. I thought he was an interesting character. He was so intent on proving his worth to Alder. Paul was good too but he got really old after a while.

vespiqueen

OS: Ash. No matter how dumb he could be at times, I always rooted for him. He was pretty funny back then too.
Hoenn: Probably Drew and Harley. I liked May as a character, but her rivals made her story more interesting to me.
Sinnoh: Dawn, Barry, and Paul. I also loved Ash this saga, his Sinnoh form was his prime.
Unova: Most of the characters were kind of 'meh' to me. Iris was okay, so I guess her..

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
1. Ash-awesome, stategical, lovable idiot, cairng and kind toward all of his friends
2. Dawn- female version of Ash plus she has really awesome contests
3. Brock-Big brother figure. Great cook, intelligent, plus he's been in the series almost as long as Ash has.

Akarui Hoshi

The Bright Star
I think Pokémon have enough personality to count as characters. So I'd say Ash's Squirtle! He was just so awesome, he had sunglasses, a cool attitude, and moments where he was adorable as well. Squirtle is my favorite Pokémon... And Ash's Squirtle is my favorite character... Surprise, surprise. XD

As for human characters, my favorite would definitely be May. I dunno, she to me was just a lot more likable than Misty, she had some great moments and at the time had a unique goal of wanting to be Top Coordinator, which I liked, whereas Misty just seemed to be... There. I prefer her over Dawn cause she seemed to have a nice balanced out personality and Dawn seemed kinda girly-stereotypical, at least to me. Haven't seen much of Best Wishes so I can't judge Iris much, but from what I have seen, I like May WAY more. Oh yeah, and May's Pokémon were awesome, she brought Squirtle back to the anime too! So yeah, May is definitely my favorite human character from the anime. :D

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
So far for the characters in XY, Bonnie and Serena are my favorites because Bonnie acts so cute and Serena seems to have some interesting backstory about her and Ash.

I have yet to see an episode from the X&Y arc but I already like Serena best.

Quinnie

Hoenn Queen
Serena for the win. Omg i laughed my ... off when i watched the 3rd episode. They were finally able to make a cute character. I hated Iris so bad... BTW what's the shipping name of Ash and Serena?

k6666

Pikachu Fan
OS : Misty , i lke her tsun tsun attitude, she is my fav character all the time
AG : May obviously her development , her rivalry all is just interesting to watch , she is better replacement for misty that day ( fisrt i hate her cause she replace my fav char but after watch her story and rivalry she become my fav char in AG era )
DP : Idk , maybe Hunter J ? idk cause in my opinion all character in DP era so bland ( Ash lost his quirk even i love how he skilled was in DP , Dawn so bland i just cant remember her character at all all i know she hates pulse and minun , kenny have sonething for her , and idk <- pls dont hate me , Brock is just bland as AG start)
BW : Dento , i just hope they develop him more cause still curious why he afraid to purloin
XY : to early to choose :D

Johto: Ash
AG: Ash
DP: Ash
BW: Ash
XY: Ash

Huh?

Ash and Giovanni are my two most favorite characters in general. But if you don't count them.....

AG; None. Not that much of a memorable season to me.
DP: Paul, Conway.
BW: Jessie James Meowth (solely because they were better than what we had to put up) and maybe Cilan.
XY: Bonnie

Professor Stan Oak

Not Samuel, Stan.
OS (Ep 1): Misty
OS (Ep 2-32): Meowth
OS (remainder of Kanto): Ash, James
OS (The Johto Journeys): James
OS (Johto League Champions/Master Quest): N/A
AG/BF: Harley
DP: N/A
BW (Season 1-2): TR
BW (Episode N): Colress