• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Christmas Movie

TwilightBlade

The Nightmare Before Christmas is amazing and it works as a Halloween movie too. The animated Grinch television special is another favourite of mine although I didn't watch it this year d'oh. :p

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Die Hard, Muppet Christmas Carol, and the riffs of Mexican Santa Claus, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, The Christmas That Almost Wasn't and Whizzo's Christmas Circus by MST3k and RiffTrax.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I honestly feel like Nightmare Before Christmas should really be considered a Halloween movie rather than a Christmas one. I mean yes it has Santa and deals with Jack trying to take over Santa’s holiday and all but the movie mostly deals with Halloween related characters and scenery. The movie was even released on October 29th just in time for Halloween. Movies with a holiday as their major plot point often get released within the same month as the holiday with Hocus Pocus being the one odd exception.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
A Christmas Story is my all-time favorite, but I also like Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer (stop motion), Santa Clause is Coming to Town (stop motion), and the Chuck Jones version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

TornadoAdvisory

The Imminent Storm
Easily a tie between Fred Claus or the Rankin/Bass version of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

EDIT: Crap, I forgot to mention Klaus which came out last year. That one was truly great.

The Polar Express and A Christmas Story are honorable mentions.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Disney’s Babes in Toyland with Annette Funicello. It hasn’t aged well but it was one of my all time favorite to watch on Christmas as a kid, & looking back it’s the best adaptation of Babes in Toyland to date

A few of my other favorites are Elf, A Christmas Story, Mickey’s Nutcracker, The Small One, A Muppet Family Christmas, The Grinch (original), A Merry Mirthworm Christmas, & The Forgotten Toys

nel3

Crimson Dragon
[Karen] all the Xmas movies are a bunch of stupid fluff and hundreds more are made each year. They are pointless[/karen]

I really hate the Xmas movies. I didnt mind a few comedy ones when I was younger but in the past decade Christmas fatigue and disgust hit me very hard. If only they limited the hype and stupid carols to a week or 2 before the 25th and 3-4days after the 25th...

The only Xmas related films that I do watch and enjoy are the Xmas special south park episode's.

Signing off: Krampus/The Grinch.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
It's a Wonderful Life

Miracle on 34th Street
is good too.

The Great Rupert isn't a favorite, but it deserves more recognition.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Found a list of favorite Christmas movies by state.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Personally my favorite Christmas movies to watch in recent years is: Christmas Vacation, White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street, It's a Wonderful Life, and any adaptation of A Christmas Carol.

I used to enjoy watching the Polar Express but cant bare to watch it anymore. Mainly due to the last time I watched it was with several close friends and we couldn't stop making funny commentary during certain scenes.

If there's one Christmas film I hate watching it'd have to be A Christmas Story. Mainly due to the fact its overplayed on TV for 24 to 48 from Christmas Eve to Christmas Day on certain TV stations. Luckily I wont have to watch it this year since I dont have cable and will be alone due to the pandemic.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
episodes from TV shows are pretty much short videos, here's my favorite movie: woodland kritter christmas. best movie ever.

Edit: the episode Christmas snow if equally amazing though it's more hard hitting due to the topic subject too many families face in holiday seasons.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Muppets Christmas Carol is my favorite adaptation of the classic Charles Dickinson story not only because the Muppets are in it and the songs are excellent as always but also Michael Caine giving us a really good Scrooge that had an emotional impact as you see him follow the ghosts all night long. You actually can feel why he dislikes Christmas so much especially in the director’s Cut where Belle sings When Love Is Gone and leaves him heartbroken and he breaks down into tears at the Memory he just saw. Every Muppet fit their characters’ roles so well that you can’t imagine any other Muppets in them. Kermit was perfect for Bob Cratchit, Robin was the perfect Tiny Tim and this is his most popular and most fitting role ever as most fans dislike him and think he doesn’t fit in with the other Muppets, Bean being a street begger was done because the Muppeteers actually disliked him after he was introduced and that is why he is seen suffering a couple of times in the movie but it worked, and Gonzo worked really well as the narrator.